Another suspended User.... Why dont we do something about this? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-11-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Angry Another suspended User.... Why dont we do something about this?

Hi Guys,

I just got suspended from ebay on the 9th June '10. I had two minor policy breaches on my account (Downloadable Media) and my last most recent (And final) suspension was due to "MC019 Copyright Violation".
Basically, I was selling a simple cheat for a Games console, and ebay removed my listing saying I was selling software "To hack the games console" Which I wasn't, It was simply a game file to allow people to unlock extra levels without having to play the game for over 14 Days non-stop to unlock (Thats how long it took me to unlock it legitimately),

Really pee'd off, I have an excellent ebay account with no late fees or negative feedback (Not that it matters to ebay). And also I wasnt in violation of ANY copyright what so ever.

Just want to know, Is their any chance of this account being reinstated. I spoke to ebay via live chat, and they said in 6-12 months they can review the case. But want to know if in 6-12 months what are my chances of this account being reinstated?

I dont understand why we all dont get together and do something about this. I mean without sellers ebay would be NOTHING, no sellers = no buyers. Looking at ebay's stock price, thier heading downhill big time. And now have one less sellers to take fees off. (I sell alot of DVD's, Games and Health and beauty products, varying from £20 - £40 final sale price).

Ever since sellers cant leave buyers negative feedack, sellers are extremely worse of selling on ebay, I've had a couple of chargebacks from dodgy sellers on ebay which ebay did nothing about, (Just took the money right out of my paypal account & Bank account) and I lost the product (Valued between £20 -£40 Per product), and I couldnt warn any other sellers (By leaving negative feedback for the buyer) about this dodgy buyer. So most probably they'll do it again and again...

Im sure if we all got together and thought of something we could do something, ANYTHING, to at least drop their stock price (Which we could benefit from by shorting their stocks on a spread betting platform or Share dealing company)

We have alot of users on this site, (Im new) But in great numbers we have great strength. I mean even something as simple as reporting ALL the listings that infringe any sort of ebay violations (Which would be tons of listings) = More people get suspended indefinitely of ebay, Which means... ebay makes less money and stocks tumbles more.

I dont really want to sell anymore on ebay, because of the fact thier is not protection what so ever in place to help protect sellers. I just dont see the point anymore. Just be a buyer from ebay, and your protected.. Im going to start doing a few chargebacks of my own, This is just not on.

1. So does anyone think we could unite and a group and do something about this?
As individuals ebay will just trample over all of us, As a group... We can trample over them.
2. Also, What are the chance my account could be reinstated in 6-12 months?
Any opinions are greatly welcomed and appreciated!

I'm new to this forum and hope to be a dedicated member from now on, I never realised how unfair ebay are (Even though it was US (the sellers) that made ebay what it is), they really don't care do they?.. I mean if I was a multi-BILLION dollar company, I probably wouldn't either (UNTIL SOMEONE DOES SOMETHING TO MAKE ME REALISE MY WAYS).

Last edited by Another_suspended_user; 06-11-2010 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Added a sentence and spelling correction(s)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-11-2010
Threadstarter  

also, I have another ebay account (Which is probably linked to my suspended account).. But is still active.

Do you think I could buy items from this account (my live active account) or will this cause suspicion and get suspended as well?, I've had enough of selling on ebay, its just not worth it, But I would still like to occasionally purchase Items of ebay.
Old 06-11-2010

You should not have a problem with the buying account, but if you do it is easy enough to open a new one. Clear cookies with ccleaner, change ip and you should be fine.

Ebay and paypal do what they want. If you try to fight then head on it is not worth the time and effort. Only effective way is to move on to another stealth account and stiff them for the selling fees.
The Following User Says Thank You to topseller For This Useful Post:
Another_suspended_user (06-11-2010)
Old 06-11-2010
Threadstarter  

Cool, thanks topseller, what about having my indefinatley suspended account reinstated after 6 months?.. Has anyone had this happen?.. was it reinstate in 6 months or 12 months?
ebay are just bast*rds, what happened to good old fashion customer service.
any help appreciated!
Old 06-11-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

customer service, for the seller? ahahaha
Old 06-12-2010
Threadstarter  

yeah, maybe it does sound abit silly now i think about it, But like I said, without sellers, ebay would be nothing, I think they should at least look at a sellers track record (Ie: feedback, payment of fees and such) and then make a decision.
Especially because of the fact that they were wrong to suspend me for the copyright violation... When I did nothing! I wasnt infringing NO copyrights, I wrote the book the software and everything MYSELF. I used my own pictures and everything.
What a bum.
Old 06-12-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Ebay does reinstate accounts but it is so RARE that I think that it is almost a public Relations trick, just so they can say that they reinstate accounts. An awful lot has to to with how serious of a threat they view the account, and "Copy right violations" is looked at as Pretty serious.

My advice, The Stealth Book, and a Bunch of Fresh, New, Accounts
Old 06-12-2010

Longevity: 82%

Not enough people to start an eBay revolution sadly. We are however "doing something about it" with stealth accounts. They can limit and suspend all they want we're just gonna keep churning out more accounts.

message to the eBay spies:
And though we strike at you from the stealthy shadows, do not think that we lack the courage to stand in the light!

-Albert Einstein
Old 06-13-2010
Threadstarter  

Also, does the fact that I wasn't in violation with any copyright count? I spoke to ebay over live chat, And they said they would "review" it, in 6-12 months. And the guy I was talking to, maybe seemed somewhat empathetic once I explained I was not in violation of copyright (Which i really wasn't), But all I got was "We dont make allowance's for any individuals who are suspended from ebay".

Just out of interest, Once I buy this stealth account Guide,
How much would it cost to setup 1 stealth account?
I have a Static IP, (So will need to change that somehow).
Got a windows 7 pc (for additional users)
and a New paypal account I would think.
and would probably need another address (as my current address's are used on 2 other ebay accounts).

So what would the cost be to setup 1 stealth account?
Just want to know if it's worth me buying the stealth guide. Or is it going to cost something ridiculous like £100 per account to set-up.
Im in the UK, London, if it helps.

Last edited by Another_suspended_user; 06-13-2010 at 06:56 AM.