package held at customs 48hrs, buyer decides doesn't want any more and wants refund! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-12-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Default package held at customs 48hrs, buyer decides doesn't want any more and wants refund!

I sold a high value item to the US from Canada and shipped with tracking and delivery confirmation. Package held at customs for 48hrs... I alerted the buyer and she then decided she did not want the item any more and said she would not sign for it and wanted a refund that day. I explained I would need the item back before giving the refund. Buyer then started a INR claim and left really, really nasty negative feedback (my 1st ever) and is affecting my other sales. I have not received the item back yet and may lose the money as well according to paypal. I think the item is on it's way back to me from customs but I now have a horrible negative (which ebay took off for me because it was so nasty and then put back on a couple days later WTF) and am having trouble selling now because of the -ive.... not sure when my paypal account will go in the -ive but the funds are held by ebay even though I have all this psycho buyer's emails saying she changed her mind about the item because of a couple day delay at the border... I did nothing wrong and this seller is ruining my life!!!! What can I do???? Grrrrrrr..

Last edited by toolfanforever; 06-12-2010 at 12:29 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-12-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 88%

Tell paypal the tracking number, since you shipped via a traceable method they can check the status of the package. They will either tell the buyer to ship the item back or refuse the delivery. If you shipped via Fedex, or UPS, I would call them and request them to send the item back to you. If she receives the item, she might open it up and change it with some used item, then return it back to you.

”I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else.”
Winston Churchill

“If you’re going through hell, keep going.”
Winston Churchill
Old 06-12-2010
Threadstarter  

yeah, paypal has the tracking and it's clear she is refusing the package. It seems there is nothing I can do, they will refund her because she paid by credit card and since she refused it, it was not stated as delivered.... i am waiting for it to come back to me now. she also left the most horrible feedback and I will probably have to get a court order to have it removed according to ebay. i wish i was a lawyer and i would sue the **** out of ebay and paypal for my mental distress. my watchers have almost all disappeared even though this is my only negative (her comment was horrible) and ebay is not helpful at all.... this is terrible
Old 06-12-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning View Post
Tell paypal the tracking number, since you shipped via a traceable method they can check the status of the package. They will either tell the buyer to ship the item back or refuse the delivery. If you shipped via Fedex, or UPS, I would call them and request them to send the item back to you. If she receives the item, she might open it up and change it with some used item, then return it back to you.

100% Correct, Also Inform Ebay that the Negative feeback was left BEFORE the item was recieved, and that the Paypal dispute was also Started Before the item was recieved. Who Knows, depending on the comment left for Feedback ebay may Remove it.

Who Knows Depending on the Specifics It may work out for you Somewhat?
The Following User Says Thank You to slapped For This Useful Post:
toolfanforever (06-12-2010)
Old 06-12-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolfanforever View Post
......she also left the most horrible feedback and I will probably have to get a court order to have it removed according to ebay. i wish i was a lawyer and i would sue the **** out of ebay and paypal for my mental distress. my watchers have almost all disappeared even though this is my only negative (her comment was horrible) and ebay is not helpful at all.......... this is total bs
I cannot see how horrible of a Quote it could be since she Did Not even See the item, what because it got stuck in Customs? BIG Deal.

you can find a Lot of Free Legal Ebay Help Here: http://tamebay.com/
Old 06-12-2010

Longevity: 82%

You know her address muahahaha

No just kidding, it would be pretty awesome turning the tables and making HER worry though. What a bitch! I hate buyers who just change their minds at the last second and just expect you to just give them a refund because they changed their minds. I recently had this happen with a guy who just "didn't want it anymore". I was lucky he was very understanding and I basically told him a sob story about how this business is my sole income and I got kids to feed, etc. Which is somewhat true minus the kids to feed part, he backed off and gave me a positive feedback.

Keep on trucking is my opinion, as long as you get that item back the worst that happened is just one nasty feedback. Around 50 more sales most people won't even be able to see it. You could also counter-reply with what really happened so buyers can read your side of the story. Negative feedback from stupid buyers always sucks but, it's no the end of the world.

-Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to jamblix For This Useful Post:
toolfanforever (06-12-2010)
Old 06-12-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%

If the feedback mentions anything about a Paypal or Ebay claim being filed then Ebay will remove it as they consider it feedback abuse. You just have to notify them of the issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to cardfelon For This Useful Post:
slapped (06-12-2010)
Old 06-12-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardfelon View Post
If the feedback mentions anything about a Paypal or Ebay claim being filed then Ebay will remove it as they consider it feedback abuse. You just have to notify them of the issue.
Thanks, I did not know that, It never happened to me, but it is still good to know.
Old 06-12-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%

Yeah I personally haven't received a negative but I came across that one day when I was looking through the Ebay help pages on feedback. Here is the link.

Feedback abuse policy
The Following User Says Thank You to cardfelon For This Useful Post:
slapped (06-12-2010)
Old 06-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

Buyers are 100% responsible for any customs charges that they may encounter and it is there responsibility to check to see whether or not they may encounter any customs charges on the item purchased.
Old 06-14-2010
Threadstarter  

Default the worse thing is.....

the worse thing is...... which blows my mind... is that as long as the person pays by paypal with a credit card, if there is no signature online, they will get a refund no matter what, wether they refuse the package or the customs or whatever.... so any buyer can have buyers remorse and get their money back by not signing for a package.... WTF!!! Seriously, there needs to be a more fair way to deal with buyers, especially if there is proof of buyer remorse (in emails or what not), sellers have NO protection at all against things like this.
Old 06-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
the worse thing is...... which blows my mind... is that as long as the person pays by paypal with a credit card, if there is no signature online, they will get a refund no matter what, wether they refuse the package or the customs or whatever.... so any buyer can have buyers remorse and get their money back by not signing for a package.... WTF!!! Seriously, there needs to be a more fair way to deal with buyers, especially if there is proof of buyer remorse (in emails or what not), sellers have NO protection at all against things like this.
Would you mind telling us the value of the package, even if the person refuses the package you get it back. I am not sure why you are mad, you only lost a couple of bucks on shipping.

Winston Churchill

Winston Churchill
Old 06-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by forummember View Post
Buyers are 100% responsible for any customs charges that they may encounter and it is there responsibility to check to see whether or not they may encounter any customs charges on the item purchased.
As sellers, you and I are aware of this fact. Buyers on the other hand tend to be ignorant about customs charges. Any seller needs to state clearly that duties are the buyers' responsibility. Noone can assume a buyer will know this fact if not told it
Old 06-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning View Post
........I am not sure why you are mad, you only lost a couple of bucks on shipping............

What about the Negative feedback that was left for NO Apparent Reason?
Man, That would Burn me up too.

And as for the Money, Why should a Seller Lose anything at ALL? Because the Buyer Changed His/Her Mind on a whim. Ebay/Paypal/Amazon and the rest should penalize Buyers for that.

I have ALWAYS said that is was Wrong to protect Buyers that way.
These are Policies set up by People who live in a "Coporate" World, People who get up in the Morning, go to work, "Do their Job" collect a Paycheck and Buy things, People who Have NO IDEA how to, Source, Design, Manufacture, Package, Promote, Price, Sell, and Ship products.

People who NEVER Even had a Lemonade stand when they were Kids. People who do not Dream, do not Aspire to be more than what they are, People who simply "Tow the Company Line" People who dedicate their lives to Improving a Non-Living Coporate Entity, Not humanity. It is People like this with that type of thinking working at BP Oil---Now look at the damage that Coporate Entity brought to Humanity!!

Instead what they are good at is creating websites like the ones Griped about here were Sellers are Pitted against each other to Deliver Products and services at the lowest prices---To Benifit who, --The Buyers, and ONLY The Buyers---That is the ROOT of ALL the Evils, that Plague Ebay, Paypal, Amazon and the rest.

I Hate Abusive Buyers!!!

Last edited by slapped; 06-15-2010 at 12:10 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to slapped For This Useful Post:
Burning (06-15-2010)
Old 06-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:

blows my mind... is that as long as the person pays by paypal with a credit card, if there is no signature online, they will get a refund no matter what, ...
Hate to blow your mind even more. Signature or not, if a buyer does a chargeback direct via their credit card company, its done. Paypal says they will fight for you, but they don't

I've had signature receipts from UPS and fedex before on big cost items and it didn't help at all. If a buyer is hell bent on a chargeback, nothings going to stop them. Certainly not paypal.
Old 06-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by pod View Post
Hate to blow your mind even more. Signature or not, if a buyer does a chargeback direct via their credit card company, its done. Paypal says they will fight for you, but they don't

I've had signature receipts from UPS and fedex before on big cost items and it didn't help at all. If a buyer is hell bent on a chargeback, nothings going to stop them. Certainly not paypal.
With a charge back, it's usually the buyer who wins..

Some buyers are honest while others are not, they abuse there power. I recently opened up a chargeback with my credit card against alibaba express as I received a broken laptop out of the two. I bought two laptops but one of them came damaged. The seller denied the fact the item was damaged, so I decided to open a chargeback.

The credit card company asked me how much I would like to be refunded if I win the dispute, I told them that I would like half of the cost. They also asked me how much I paid for shipping back to them, and they said they will reimburse me with that cost too!

I could have easily lied to them and gotten a greater refund, but I a truthful buyer. Lets see the outcome of the dispute.

Winston Churchill

Winston Churchill