MC019 eBay Listing Removed: Copyright Violation - Unauthorized Item - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-14-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Unhappy MC019 eBay Listing Removed: Copyright Violation - Unauthorized Item

hello all i am a newbie and i recieved this message from ebay yesterday can some of you please give me some insight and some help on what to do please any will be appreciated!!

here it is:

MC019 eBay Listing Removed: Copyright Violation - Unauthorized Item (xxxxxxxxxx)

Dear xxxxxxx (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx),

You recently listed the following listing:

xxxxxxxxxxxxx - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Your listing has been removed.

Your item was removed because of a request we received from VeRO participant, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, LLC, asking us to remove the item for:

- Item(s) infringes copyrights (for example, a bootleg recording of a live performance, a pirated copy of media such as software or movies, or an unlawful copy of copyrighted works such as text, paintings, or sculptures).

For more information on why your item was removed, you should:
- Contact the VeRO participant directly at antipiracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com with your questions or concerns.
- Wait 7 days for the VeRO participant to reply to you. Although most VeRO participants are willing to respond to polite email, please know that they aren?t obligated to reply.
- If after 7 days you haven?t received a response from the VeRO participant, please contact eBay by simply replying to this email.

The rights owner or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the rights owner, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, LLC, notified eBay that this listing violates intellectual property rights. When eBay receives a report of this type of violation, we remove the listing to comply with the law.

Copyright infringement is unlawful and against eBay's policies. Copyright is the protection provided by law to the authors of creative works, such as movies, music, software, photographs and books, both published and unpublished.

Copyright owners possess the exclusive right to reproduce the copyrighted work, to distribute copies of the copyrighted work, and to perform or display the copyrighted work publicly.

eBay prohibits the listing of unauthorized copies of copyrighted works. Unauthorized copies include (but are not limited to) backup, pirated, duplicated, or bootlegged copies.

Guideline: If the product you are selling is a copy of another work that you aren't authorized to copy, don't list the item. Selling unauthorized recordings of live music is a copyright violation and is prohibited on eBay.

For more information visit the following Help page:

Replicas, counterfeit items, and unauthorized copies policy

If you have additional questions in regard to contacting the VeRO Member or if you need additional information on how to contact the VeRO Member, you can chat with one of our policy experts.

You can reach them from 6:00AM to 11:00 PM MST. Get started by clicking
the link below.

eBay Live Help

You may need to take a tutorial. If it's required, you may be asked to take it the next time you sell. Once you've completed the tutorial successfully, please review your account status for any other possible concerns. If there are no other issues, you should be able to sell again.

To take the intellectual property tutorial, please visit:
eBay Policy Tutorial - VeRO

Please be aware that any additional violations of this policy may result in the suspension of your account. We understand that you may be concerned about this situation.

We encourage you to contact xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, LLC directly if you have any questions.

You can send an email to: antipiracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com

For more information on how eBay protects Intellectual Property, or for additional information if you believe that your listing has been removed as a result of an error or misidentification, please visit the following Help page:

eBay: Redirect

For more information on why eBay may remove a listing, please visit:
Why did eBay remove my listing?

Please be assured that your listings have not been targeted in any way. We review all listings that are reported to us by eBay members or Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) program participants.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety team

H53860
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

This is a VErified Rights Owner (VERO) Violation, this means that the Company who Makes the Product is telling Ebay that either: The Product you are selling is Counterfeit, or That you DO NOT Have the Companies Permission to sell this product on Ebay. The other Possibility is that you are using their picture without Permission in your Ad, but I seriously that is why they pulled the listing.
The Following User Says Thank You to slapped For This Useful Post:
tribalguru (06-14-2010)
Old 06-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

You should refrain from listing that item again. A Vero agent or agent acting on their behalf notified eBay of the listing which let to it's removal. Chances are your account will be monitored for a few months.
Old 06-14-2010
Threadstarter  

thank you!....so in this case should i lay off this account for a while? i have a another account that i havent used in years should i start listing with that one? but since i retrieved the password using the same computer... do you guys think that they will match i.p address' but i have no paypal linked to that account...should i create a new pay pal? or can i use the same one...
Old 06-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribalguru View Post
thank you!....so in this case should i lay off this account for a while? i have a another account that i havent used in years should i start listing with that one? but since i retrieved the password using the same computer... do you guys think that they will match i.p address' but i have no paypal linked to that account...should i create a new pay pal? or can i use the same one...

Yes, use the other account, MAKE SURE that you CLEAR ALL Your COOKIES both Regular Cookies AND LSO Cookies. I would create A NEW User account in WINDOWS and Log onto the Fresh Ebay/Paypal account from there with Just a New IP Address, With a NEW User account you do not have to worry so much about cookies, just the IP address.

As for the account with the Violation I would fill out and send in, an Ebay Counter notice,(Read it First), search the forums I have Posted links to the counter notice in the Past, If it works, which it does A LOT of times Ebay will clear your account.

No matter which account you use STAY AWAY FROM THAT ITEM!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to slapped For This Useful Post:
tribalguru (06-14-2010)
Old 06-14-2010
Threadstarter  

what about the name and the adress i think its still the same..should i change them?.. and the paypal account can i link the fresh account to that one or create a whole new one?

and as for the item a was selling its a hot selling item..... and i have more of them.... :(

Last edited by tribalguru; 06-14-2010 at 11:22 AM.
Old 06-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribalguru View Post
what about the name and the adress i think its still the same..should i change them?.. and the paypal account can i link the fresh account to that one or create a whole new one?
Thats No good, You CANNOT Change the name EVER, the Address you can change, But the problem with that is that your old address will ALWAYS be on file with Paypal, so No matter what you will Get linked.

Make that New User Id I Talked about before, Get a New IP Address and make yourself a NEW Stealth Ebay/Paypal account set.

Do not forget the counter notice on the other account, believe me it works A LOT!!!---2 Weeks after you file you might just find out that your account has been restored and you will not have this new account problem.
Old 06-14-2010
Threadstarter  

thank you so much will follow the steps! i hope to start selling again soon!