Delivery Address Confused? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 06-19-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Default Delivery Address Confused?

I've just set up my first stealth account just waiting for paypal to deposit the 2 deposits to comfirm bank acc and im good to go.
For that account ive used a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address etc for registration.

My question is i need to open up another account for buying purposes but as my real home address is now suspeneded i need to know how i get around getting things delivered to my real address,
I dont want to mess this up but was thinking if i put a made up address as a registration address can i not say adapt my real address as my delivery address.

For example say i live at 32 hollytree road, can i not use 32b hollytree road with a different name to the name that was suspended.

Any help gratefully appreciated
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-19-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

just for buying accounts are not as likely to be suspended for being linked to banned address, as long as it doesnt sell.

saying that, your idea of tweaking address is a good one, an different name is good too, after all, the stuff will still get delivered regardless.....
littlelynney (06-22-2010)
Old 06-19-2010
Threadstarter  

thanks oompa that is most helpful.

So just on my buying account only,could i tweak my real address for the registration address or is that riskying it too much,should i just register with another stealth address and then just change the delivery address to a tweaked version of my actual address.
Old 06-19-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 82%

If it just strictly for buying and never going to sell on it is okay to just tweak your real address.
Old 06-19-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelynney View Post
I've just set up my first stealth account just waiting for paypal to deposit the 2 deposits to comfirm bank acc and im good to go.
For that account ive used a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address etc for registration.
So how will returns of items get to you? How will any mail from ebay/paypal reach you? That's not such a great idea. It's better to have an address that you can access.

It's a good idea you have mentioned to tweak the address for the buying account, however.
Old 06-20-2010
Threadstarter  

My previous account the account that just got banned,had a completly different made up address for the business seller information page and ill explain that in brief detail why.

I am a jewellery designer have been for 10 years,i accept custom requests etc so when a year ago a man approached me with an idea to make a bracelet for his wifes 30th birthday naturally i agreed,all terms etc were clear before i agreed to the project.
Anyhow ill keep this brief when the bracelet was completed i email him all the pics and say im about to post the item to you is the design ok etc.
I get an email back saying oh i noticed on your business seller address details you live not far from me ill just come and collect,well as my boyfriend was working away at the time i was quite petrified about some unknown man come to my house so i insisted that it be posted free of charge speical delivery.
Then another email the following day saying im in your area i will be around to collect within the hour i quickly got out the house and stayed with a friend for a few days,posted the item emailed and said it had already been posted and the man never ever contacted me again.

So on the business seller information i put admin address only, and then whenever a buyer wanted to return an item only 3 returns out of 6700 sales i gave them my real address.
So im not too concerned about the return accept of using a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address,the address does exist its just not mine or anyone i know.
As when my ebay account got suspended so did 4 other accounts,my buying account,my boyfriends account that had a different registation addrsss but same delivery address and a friends ebay that accessed my pc when staying with us for a few weeks.

I am not too comfortable either on using a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address as you pointed out but i have little family here my family emigrated abroad some years ago,i could use my mother in laws address but as my boyfirend used to have that address as his delivery address (prior to him moving in with us) i wasnt sure if i would be able to use that or would they link it to my new account.

I am still getting used to the idea of starting all over again as with many here it is a great shock and being a powerseller etc the loss of earnings is so hard to come to terms with.
Im scared i get found out but as ive never sold any vero items i think i could stay under the radar ok.
My account only got suspended as my assistant who left used to have a seperate ebay account that she used her work address to register (happened to be my real address as i have a studio in my home),so when she began selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ designer goods they quickly closed down her ebay account and mine went with it,i sent numerous emails etc showed them my ebay shop has never sold branded items yet i still got suspended and they refuse to reinstate me,i figured thanks to this forum rather than spending hours on the phone to useless customer support who dont even let you talk to trust and safety and countless emails id quit the tears and moping and find a solution fast to get back on.