Website review please - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 06-12-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
Default Website review please

Hi guys
im getting my seo website redesigned - its not yet complete -

however i would like to know what you think of it so far - you can see the site at contentwriteronline.com /SEO without the space

The ajax tabs will open in the same window - it is not coded properly - the java images changes that you see will be removed as im getting a good animation with text designed -

the inner pages will also be changing as there is too much black spacing around certain areas -

My current site is at bigseotechniques . com - im looking to move from a blog site feel to a professional services site look -

ANy feedback will be great - oh yeh my logo will also be redesigned -

thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%
Send a message via MSN to teedon Send a message via Skype™ to teedon

website is ok,but you need to do more ads.
Old 06-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

as you know,website is not only beautiful,but also let more people know your website ,i am sure both of two point are very important.
Old 06-17-2010
Threadstarter  

Hi teeden
thanks for the review - not too sure what you mean by more adds - If you mean adwords or something then its not a adwords site -

The site is now located at bigseotechniques. com /TEST/SEO

i dont think im gonna go live till the end of next week as im waiting for some real nice 3d advance flash to be designed with a new logo

but thanks
Old 06-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 88%

Gremlin, your site is amazing but I belive you should have a flash intro to your site. When I first enter your site, I see ALOT of information. You should dumb is down a bit and put less information..

The first page is too crowded with information..Otherwise, your site is amazing. Nice job on your site. On the footer of your site you should put a link to a disclaimer and put an option in order for people to bookmark your site.

”I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else.”
Winston Churchill

“If you’re going through hell, keep going.”
Winston Churchill
Old 06-18-2010
Threadstarter  

Hi thanks alot for the nice words and review

my new site isnt live yet because i am waiting for exactly what you recommended - flash - ive actually gone all the way to get a 3d advanced flash clip created -it should hopefully be finished by next week

Yes the site has much info - i know - If you look at my current site then the info on it is much more - ive tried my best to reduce the text and also used a ajax tabs which make it easier and give a better layout -

Hopefully the flash will add some magic and sort it out

thanks
Old 06-18-2010
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

SEO services company UK | Search engine optimisation consultant UK | Internet marketing is the original design?

And SEO services company UK | Search engine optimisation consultant UK | Internet marketing is the new design?

I think you're going backwards with your design if that's the case.
Old 06-19-2010
Threadstarter  

Ooh - im sorry to hear you feel that way aspkin

I actually spent much time in deciding how i wanted my site to look - So far i think your the only one who has felt that I am going backwards - But am sure you have a valid point.

You see my current site has a blog look and feel _ its not getting the message across that I provide a service - However the new site with the features does exactly that- Im hoping potential customers will feel the same.

The main changes to the new site are as follows

Less scrolling
Call to action more towards the top easy to see and better looking
Live help
Better design

The site will load faster as its designed using divs - my current site is horrible - takes ages to load and is designed using tables

So in theory i will have 2 call for actions - 1 get a seo report and 2 chat to me im online

However as usual I will need to test and if it doesnt turn out to be a better converting site then I will change again

Ive got the rankings and am also getting targeted traffic - My traffic is about 300 visits a day for seo services and related key - phrases

I only get about 4 queries a day - I expect to get much more especially when the average time on my site is about 2 mins something .

People are reading but not taking action - This is what im hoping the new website will do - make people take action.

With all honesty - No I do not agree and believe that my new site is better then my current site in many areas

But thanks for your honest review
Old 06-19-2010
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Just a quick look at it, and not an in-depth observation brought me to saying your old site is better.

But the more I look at it, I can see where your new design shines.

Less scrolling does not mean it's better. If you want more conversions you need a sales page designed website where the less options the better. If you have tons of links and directions for the visitor to go instead of funneling visitors directly to the call to action you'll have less conversions.. Makes sense? Read it again if it doesn't.

Call to action more towards the top easy to see and better looking .. It's much
more pro looking sure and that will help conversions without a doubt, but it's not the main focus of the site. Instead again at points you are trying to sell it too much and then at other times not enough.. if that makes any sense. If that's how you mostly convert visitors.. you need to make it a focus point and you need everything to lead to it.

Live help .. Live help is a great option and I found it to help increase conversions dramatically, especially when someone is actually there to help. Customers like to ask questions first sometimes before they go forward.. I found if you can answer these questions on page.. for example how fast a service may take, how much it will cost, results, etc then you'll have more people diving in to try your service. The more questions you answer for a visitor and the less negatives you have on your site, for example stuff that turns a customer off, the more queries you'll have.

Better design .. Well, your design went from 2.0 to 1.0.. and you moved away from a light and bright design to a darker (don't trust me) design. Some elements are better but I still feel it's a step backwards. Instead you should have just redesigned the site with the current layout intact.

That's my pro opinion.

Cheers,
Old 06-19-2010
Threadstarter  

Hi Aspkin

thanks alot for your in depth reply - much appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
Just a quick look at it, and not an in-depth observation brought me to saying your old site is better.

But the more I look at it, I can see where your new design shines.

[COLOR=Red]Less scrolling does not mean it's better. If you want more conversions you need a sales page designed website where the less options the better. If you have tons of links and directions for the visitor to go instead of funneling visitors directly to the call to action you'll have less conversions.. Makes sense? Read it again if it doesn't.

Yes I see where your coming from with the sales page design with less options - I certainly see how this would be beneficial however I believe such landing pages are better used for ebook - software and similar sites - dont get me wrong i also use similar landing pages on many other sites - just not this one -

The reason the options, tabs and pages are there was after analysing other seo based business - website businesses and services businesses - I felt it to be required as these will be my competitors - Also with a contact us page - about us page - services page etc I belie it adds more trust and due to searchers expecting similar sort of sites in this niche having these pages then it wont look alarming.

Quote:
Call to action more towards the top easy to see and better looking .. It's much
Quote:
more pro looking sure and that will help conversions without a doubt, but it's not the main focus of the site. Instead again at points you are trying to sell it too much and then at other times not enough.. if that makes any sense. If that's how you mostly convert visitors.. you need to make it a focus point and you need everything to lead to it.
Well the issue is that my site isnt converting as i would like it to - yes i do refer to the get a free report form in the text a few times however the reason ive kept it at the top is so that it will be very easy to see that I offer such reports - i actually designed it this way so that there would be no need to write about using it as its very noticeable - but yes i still refer to it here and there in the text. Your reply does make sense aspkin but will all honesty the placement of the form should be selling it enough - well this is the idea.

Yes the form is a way of converting my visitors into enquiries - the flash which i will be getting (hopefully be good) should also help with the conversion as it has text which will make the visitors think and then a contact us today sort of text.

You will also notice that the telephone number is in a easy place to see to generate telephone enquiries.

Quote:
Live help .. Live help is a great option and I found it to help increase conversions dramatically, especially when someone is actually there to help. Customers like to ask questions first sometimes before they go forward.. I found if you can answer these questions on page.. for example how fast a service may take, how much it will cost, results, etc then you'll have more people diving in to try your service. The more questions you answer for a visitor and the less negatives you have on your site, for example stuff that turns a customer off, the more queries you'll have.
I totally agree

Quote:
Better design .. Well, your design went from 2.0 to 1.0.. and you moved away from a light and bright design to a darker (don't trust me) design. Some elements are better but I still feel it's a step backwards. Instead you should have just redesigned the site with the current layout intact.

That's my pro opinion.

Cheers,
The colour was a hard decision to make - Im sure you will recall other conversations we have had regarding colour combinations about a year or so ago - I actually spent days looking through the many websites in my niche and similar niches - My customers will not be the kind of customers to depart with cash without having to speak to me - Its just not the business im in - unless of course i was selling backlink packages or similar. My quotes will be personal quotes and never the same - the same go's with my strategy that i use. I wanted to go for a more exciting look - make SEO feel exciting and this is why I chose the colours - Well the site wasnt designed by me - no good at designing sites like this - I actually paid a professional to design it - we spoke about colours and what I was looking for - They came back with 2 designs - I chose this one

The inner pages are a little different though - the tabs are not there and the flash will not be there either.

I will be keeping a close eye on the site and will see what reaction I get - if it doesnt work out then of course I will change the layout again -

Anyway thanks for your pro analysis

Oh yeh - the seo benefits to the site should be much better also - much more text placed towards the top -faster loading - not using tables- so its actually been designed with seo in mind and conversion - lets see what reaction i get - my fingers are crossed :-)

Last edited by GREMLIN; 06-19-2010 at 08:21 AM.
Old 06-19-2010
Executive [VIP]

Beautiful website can increase your selling too much,i have much strong feeling for this.As since we build our website at 2005 ,our selling increase too much.We are lucky to spent that money on building website,and we even hire the professional arts designer to design the style of our website.
Old 06-20-2010

Longevity: 80%

I'm a web designer and I really like it.... It's clean and corporate looking not cluttered.
Great job!