Who's leg you gotta hump for some feedback? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 06-21-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%
Default Who's leg you gotta hump for some feedback?

I understand feedback is important to Amazon so I set out with what I thought was a good idea.

For everything I sold I included something extra that was not listed but relevant:

Camera cradle charger - I included a leather case, a/v cable & extra battery
A camcorder microphone - I included a longer extension cord
Wireless headphones - I included rechargeable batteries and charger
etc

I included a personal note in each package noting I had the extra accessories and I hope they enjoy them...

10 items like this, not a single feedback. not one.
I wasn't expecting all 10 to payoff, but zero?
Some of the extras were worth as much or more than the item itself :(

The only thing I didn't do was include in the note asking for feedback. I never liked that. Some may disagree, but I have never been a fan of asking for feedback....

Damn, what does a cat gotta do to get some love?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Try sending a thank you E-Mail with a Link right Back to the Feeback Page, Always worked for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to slapped For This Useful Post:
pod (06-22-2010)
Old 06-22-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

That's certainly worth a try. Pointing to feedback without using the words "please give me feedback"...

Slick. I like it.
Old 06-22-2010

Longevity: 80%

I've done the whole email thing several times, but people don't care. Even if you email all of your buyers, you will see that around 5%-10% will actually leave you feedback. I've actually emailed buyers before offering to give them $10 for a positive feedback. Yes, Amazon's system basically allows you to bribe buyers now. Even for $10 I couldn't buy much feedback. When I start a new stealth account, I always list something cheap, like a book. Then I use an extra ppcc to buy the book from my stealth account and give it feedback. So, as soon as the initial 14 day hold is up I already have 1 positive feedback and I'm ready to start selling. It's not much, but it's a start. And, having 1 positive feedback right away will do wonders to keep you from going into near-immediate 30 day review status.
Old 06-22-2010

Unfortunately there is no easy answer here. Just putting a link in a thank-you email is a good idea. The truth is if there is even a minor problem with their purchase they are MORE likely to leave feedback than if everything was great. By asking for feedback (or including a link to it) you are risking a bad feedback even if it's just for SLOW postal delivery. I've never liked asking for good feedback either but Amazon forces the issue. I try to stress, please leave feedback if you are happy, contact me if you aren't.
Old 06-22-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oWell View Post

I've never liked asking for good feedback either but Amazon forces the issue.
It's a little frustrating for sure. They put such importance on feedback yet surely they are aware people just don't leave it...

Hell, I've bought dozens of items off Amazon over the years and it just never occurred to me to leave feedback. Its not really prominent in the buying process. I always get emails to review product, but never any hint seller could use some love...

And as you noted, asking for it is a real concern. If some clown is chocked they didn't get it in 3 days a note asking for it may make them leave neg when they would have just left nothing.... A neg can cripple you so its Russian Roulette trying to get good ones... :(
Old 06-23-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 89%

What I do for both ebay and amazon is put a big drawing in bright colors saying "please read" or "wow read this" in big letters on the receipt. In the receipt there is a promise of a return positive feedback plus extra ebay or amazon "value discount" points with my return feedback. They are so happy to get the item so that initial response triggers a positive feedback. Then reality sets in and they realize what a pathetic piece of junk they just bought. Just kidding!!! It works so good that I get 70 to 80% feedbacks all positive. Seriously, the product must be good and the shipping fast. I think the last time I personally left feedback with amazon was when I was cleaning my junky email box. I think it comes as an email reminder or you press an inner tab in the email to go to amazon to leave one. There are no reminders in your account I think.
Old 06-23-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules View Post

I get 70 to 80% feedbacks all positive. .
On Amazon? or ebay. ebay is ok for getting feedback. They nag you. But Amazon seems like pulling teeth
Old 06-23-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 89%

Try what I said. Doing more is almost always better than doing less. They never read the receipt. That's why it helps, plus you don't have to order cards for the two sites, store names etc...
The Following User Says Thank You to Hercules For This Useful Post:
pod (06-23-2010)
Old 06-23-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Send them an email like the title of your thread.... free humps for feedback.That sounds professional
pod (06-23-2010)
Old 06-23-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post

.... free humps for feedback.
hell, Its worth a try....
Old 06-26-2010
Executive [VIP]

This is the type of attitude you get from the arrogant Amazon buyers. Would it kill you to leave a pleasant note for the efforts of a good seller. In general, a good majority of Amazon buyers are A-HOLES!

<<<"Why do I have to write something here? It wasn't exactly a memorable experience. I ordered something and I received it. DONE."
Date: April 6, 2010 Rated by Buyer: Richard L. >>>><<<

Quote:
Originally Posted by pod View Post
I understand feedback is important to Amazon so I set out with what I thought was a good idea.

For everything I sold I included something extra that was not listed but relevant:

Camera cradle charger - I included a leather case, a/v cable & extra battery
A camcorder microphone - I included a longer extension cord
Wireless headphones - I included rechargeable batteries and charger
etc

I included a personal note in each package noting I had the extra accessories and I hope they enjoy them...

10 items like this, not a single feedback. not one.
I wasn't expecting all 10 to payoff, but zero?
Some of the extras were worth as much or more than the item itself :(

The only thing I didn't do was include in the note asking for feedback. I never liked that. Some may disagree, but I have never been a fan of asking for feedback....

Damn, what does a cat gotta do to get some love?
Old 06-26-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrqell View Post
This is the type of attitude you get from the arrogant Amazon buyers. Would it kill you to leave a pleasant note for the efforts of a good seller. In general, a good majority of Amazon buyers are A-HOLES!

<<<"Why do I have to write something here? It wasn't exactly a memorable experience. I ordered something and I received it. DONE."
Date: April 6, 2010 Rated by Buyer: Richard L. >>>><<<

You Must understand that MOST People who Are Not Sellers DO NOT Realize how important Feedback is to Sellers, so You as the Seller Must try to Make People Understand that as GENTLY as possible.

But Every Now and Again you DO Get an A-Hole Who Just Does Not Care!!! And would Much Rather spend their time Writing an E-Mail to Amazon, You or BOTH, Explaining How Much of an A-Hole YOU are for PESTERING Someone as Important (in their own Mind) as Them for something as TRIVIAL as Feeback!!!!
HOW DARE YOU!!!
This happens More so On Amazon, Than Ebay Because of the nature of the Site.
Old 06-26-2010

Once you get an order swnd email thanking them and leave a note "please don't forget to leave positive feedback" whenever you communicate with them. And you can't worry about stuff you have no control over do all you can and fcuk the rest.
Old 07-06-2010

Amazon says right on the site that they ONLY expect sellers to reveive 5-20% feedback and most of those according to amazon is when amazon sends an email 60 days after purchase for buyers to rate you.