Just want everyone to know about Paypal and Ebay - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 10-28-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
Default Just want everyone to know about Paypal and Ebay

Learning more about how paypal and ebay..

I guess today was my last days of using paypal with ebay....My account got limited on paypal...

I had 2 paypal accounts one under my business name and another under my name , both had different address...One is the business address and the other home address....Under my business my ebay account had real information, but under my home paypal account I had 3 ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ebay account..

I had these account open about 1 yr now with no problems.....Today both my paypal account got limited and need to sumbit information to get it reinstated.

Under my business account paypal I had 2 ebay with my real business information linked, and they suspended one of my ebay account but not the other...The one suspend said for abusing ebay....

In my other paypal account with my home address had 3 ⊗⊗⊗⊗ accounts and 2 of those ⊗⊗⊗⊗ account got suspended too for abusing ebay....

So I didn't know this but paypal doesnt let you have more than one paypal account, they only let you have a premier, business account or a personal...But you cant have 2 busines premier accounts...

Anyway, I will submit my info and see what happens.

Similar thing happened to my brother which had nothing to do with us so don't know if they went by our last name or what....

His account was limited too, but his ebay account is alright..Since he already had another paypal account too but they shut it down when they asked for his SS# and did a credit check....

It really sux this happened just when the holidays where coming and we are all out of money now...We depended on this....

I am just telling everyone my story about this, in case someone might try to do the same thing....

Also, even if you open a new paypal account and you right away open a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ebay account and eventually accept payment thru your paypal account you might have a month or 2 before they limit you paypal account and verify all the information before getting reinstated and that ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ebay account will be limited too....

They been changing lot now with ebay and paypal...These are things that has happened to me and my brother....

We even open ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ebay account and entered a email address so register with ebay, but when we accepted paypal payments we used a different email and worked for awhile but now I guess they are tracking that too....
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-28-2007
MU

Longevity: 97%
Send a message via Yahoo to koalawash

yesterdaywas,

There's something I was about to ask here but from your situation you may know the answer yourself.. does Paypal ever ask for a SSN with a business account?.. at least in your case. I've been wondering whether or not you should expect them to ask for a SSN every time you open an account, even with a corporate account although I don't see how they should be able to..
Old 10-28-2007
Threadstarter  

Default Answer to SS#

Well they asked for my brother SS# and since I kinda new he had bad credit they closed it...They said something about checking Equifax...

Since it happened today regarding my business account....They haven't asked for that yet,

They asked for:
Verify my business information which I did
And to submit Supplier info, Photo ID, and utility bill of the business....Don't if they will ask for my SS#, but I do know that when they did that to my brother they also said if you don't want to submit SS# then you can call and give them Tax ID Number....but since he didn't have that he submitted SS#...

That was a previous paypal account he had and got closed, but he had another one open from last year and now this one they are asking him for Business Information, this is why I think he got linked to mine...Since we have the same last name...only difference we don't have the same address...

If they would require me to submit that then I will submit my Tax ID and see if they would let it open because if I give them my SS# I will definately be closed down since I too don't have good credit....
Old 10-28-2007
MU

Thanks, that already helps some. That's interesting, though, as I've heard many people say that Paypal won't let you use a Tax ID (EIN) instead of an SSN.. I do hope they were mistaken.
Old 10-28-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

I have two Paypal business accounts, and they asked for my SS# with one. They have it and I'm still running well with both accounts. I have a couple personal accounts with random credit cards on them too.

It's really not a good idea to use your Paypal account with eBay IF that account has been used with another eBay account that's suspended now. The moment you pay a balance eBay will link accounts. The moment you accept funds by auction number, eBay will link accounts. And other ways now eBay is linking. It's best to use Google Checkout, Merchant Plus, or even BidPay. Each has their positives and negatives.
Old 10-28-2007
Threadstarter  

So since I still have that ebay account open is has about 600 feedbacks, do you think I should take everything down and when and if I pass paypal close my paypal account and then use alternative payment for that ebaystore?
Old 10-29-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesterdaywas View Post
So since I still have that ebay account open is has about 600 feedbacks, do you think I should take everything down and when and if I pass paypal close my paypal account and then use alternative payment for that ebaystore?

If you Paypal account is new then don't worry about it. But if you used that Paypal account with another now suspended eBay account then start looking for other payment options.
Old 10-29-2007
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the info...We decided after paypal unlimit my account to take the money out send out the orders and closed all 2 of my paypal accounts.

We are done with paypal...I been browsing the forum and will follow using a different payment option...I heard people doing it here and I seen someone use it on ebay...
Old 10-29-2007
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
I have two Paypal business accounts, and they asked for my SS# with one. They have it and I'm still running well with both accounts. I have a couple personal accounts with random credit cards on them too.
What is the best way to withdraw funds from the random credit card accounts you have.. do you just keep transferring funds into your main PP account and they don't care? Or is there another way?
Old 12-03-2007
MU

Never mind that last post. I'm well beyond that point. It's amazing how much I've learned in the past few months.. :D
Old 12-04-2007
Banned

Here are a few tips, which most here probably know. Empty your paypal account as often as you can. Do not ship the items until you physically get the money out. Paypal will reverse wire transfer to your bank account so wait until they post.
Always, send a reserve amount by CASH ADVANCE from another protected paypal account every 30 days. Meaning one the you just receives payments to and can provide papers for if limited. This will offer you security if paypal limits, they still allow you to refund, so you just refund yourself. Example, Dec 1 wire in $200 from protected paypal account. sell my stuff withdraw $400 money every other day, gets limited on Dec 18, and have you have few bucks in there. Start refunding to people whos item you did not send, then refund to yourself.
Then I usually email all my customers that did not receive there items but will and email them that i have refunded their payment, because paypl emailed me about security concerns regarding there payment. Most all of them call paypal and tie up their customer service for hours. I never rip off my customers though. They either get the item or a refund.
I have 4 or 5 paypal limited account and could refund after being limited on all but one.