What's wrong with my modem? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-27-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Default What's wrong with my modem?

I'm having some trouble with my dial up modem. When I read the ebook, I was under the impression that with a dial up modem I will get a new ip address each time I log on when I dial in through a different access number. Well, I've been doing that. I've chosen stealth names and addresses all over the country and have been using access numbers in california, colorado, illinois, georgia, etc. The problem is that my ip address sometimes doesn't change at all. When it does change, it only changes the last 2 numbers or so and it is rotating the ip addresses that it gives me. It seems like there are 3-5 ip addresses that it constantly shuffles and gives me. Obviously, while doing multiple accounts, this is not good. And, as I said, a lot of times it just spits out the same ip address constantly. What am I doing wrong here?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-27-2010

Longevity: 82%

Who is the dial up ISP that you are going through?
Old 06-27-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTP View Post
Who is the dial up ISP that you are going through?
Juno. Also, I've tried unplugging the modem and letting it sit for more than 24hours, then when I plug it in again I'm getting the same ip address again. I've written down about 5 unique ip addresses that I've gotten through my modem and it keeps recycling them. Thanks for your help.
Old 06-27-2010

Unplugging the dial up modem? Phone cord or power cord?

Post your Brand and Model number of your modem please so I can look it up.
Old 06-27-2010
Threadstarter  

I do both. I have a usb modem, so I unplug it from my laptop and take out the phone cord too. It is a USRobotics, model number: USR5637
Old 06-27-2010

OK...I just wanted to make sure you did in fact have a dial up modem.

There should be no need to unplug this modem for an IP. You are dialing into yrou ISP (Juno) and then letting you out into the internet. The IP comes from Juno, not your dial up modem.

I've set Juno up for customers but I haven't used it for my own stuff, so I don't know how they handle their IP ranges.

I'll look into it, buy maybe in the meantime someone else will sound off that is using Juno.

And you are checking your IP by going to IPchicken or IPBurger?
Old 06-27-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTP View Post
OK...I just wanted to make sure you did in fact have a dial up modem.

There should be no need to unplug this modem for an IP. You are dialing into yrou ISP (Juno) and then letting you out into the internet. The IP comes from Juno, not your dial up modem.

I've set Juno up for customers but I haven't used it for my own stuff, so I don't know how they handle their IP ranges.

I'll look into it, buy maybe in the meantime someone else will sound off that is using Juno.

And you are checking your IP by going to IPchicken or IPBurger?
I am checking my ip with IPBurger, yes. The problem i had was that I thought I would get a new ip every time I dialed in. Once I set up a few stealth accounts I checked IPBurger to make sure everything was going well, and since it was, I stopped checking it each time I logged on. After several accounts got linked within an hour of setting them up I became suspicious and that's when I began writing down my ip addresses and noticed I was getting the same ones each time. Do you know of any better dial up isp's that you'd recommend? Thanks.