MC008 Question - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 06-24-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default MC008 Question

New Ebay account just under 30 days old..

Been selling workout vero items (the 2 most popular) about 1 every other day and using 2nd chance offers to stay under radar. Perfect fb so far and everything is good. Account is legit ... not stealth.

I got an email with an account limitation on selling DVDs -- MC008.
They want me to fax in docs to prove ID (got it covered).
But...... they are asking for: documentation that shows that you purchased or are in possession of the item(s) currently listed for sale on Ebay. If you have many items for sale, we just ask that you send two or three invoices.

Now, the vero items I bought from **gate and I do have a copy of the online invoice as well as Paypal payment, but I couldn;t simply show them that could I???

In all actuality I did not have any of the DVDs listed at the time I received the email... just some 70s Topps BB cards....

Could I take a picture with today's newspaper in front of my baseball cards and my remaining inventory of DVDs as proof I am in possession?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-24-2010

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to imhim

Take a picture of the stuff you know you have in your possession etc and send that to ebay as soon as possible... then see what they say after that. It should be fine.
Old 06-25-2010
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 81%

Sent photos and all docs and they're asking for an invoice for the vero items.... I can still sell on the account, just not DVDs... should I...

A) Ignore this and just not sell the same items

B) Send them invoice from ##gate

C) Create a dummy invoice? Problem is, they are obvious vero items...
Old 06-25-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

You really want to sell the items than ...
1. Don't sell right now - make new accounts and push otherwise
2. For this account, create bogus invoices and be ready with photos

oh and ...
3. Send me a workout dvd for me to evaluate and use $

Ha, an invoice from dhgate would = your account DONE!
Old 06-28-2010
F$ckEbayVeroPaypal&Comp

Longevity: 0%

Hi, a little help would be greatly appreciated. I created a stealth account about 2 months ago. Every thing was carried out to the T, New name, bank account, address phone number, cleared cookies (plus flash), got new ip etc. Now ebay has restricted my account and told me I have to verify that I am who I say I am. I have to call them so I was looking for a heads up. I was wondering what info should I have available and what kind of questions should I expect to have to answer?
Old 06-28-2010

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by F$ckEbayVeroPaypal&Comp View Post
Hi, a little help would be greatly appreciated. I created a stealth account about 2 months ago. Every thing was carried out to the T, New name, bank account, address phone number, cleared cookies (plus flash), got new ip etc. Now ebay has restricted my account and told me I have to verify that I am who I say I am. I have to call them so I was looking for a heads up. I was wondering what info should I have available and what kind of questions should I expect to have to answer?
You are probably talking about a MC010. They are starting to do this with alot of new seller acounts.

They will ask you anywhere from 2-5 questions to verify your account. Like "have you ever lived in these cities?", or "is your area code XXX?" Mostly they want to weed out the ppl who are to scared to call. Sometimes you can just answer with "none of the above" and get by.

Do a search for other threads regarding MC010. Been a few in the last month or two.