Customer Service - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-30-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Default Customer Service

Please send me all your positive energy to help me deal with a MORONIC customer that is asking for the world and my first born's right testicle!!! :
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-30-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Positive vibes a'comin!

Be cool
Be calm
Be righteous
Old 06-30-2010

Longevity: 89%

We all get them from time to time. Posiitive energy and hope it works out for you.
Old 06-30-2010

Longevity: 81%

karma will come back to him!
no worries..
positive!!
Old 06-30-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

There will always be the "bitter buyer" as I like to call them. They are just angry and demanding all the time. This has evolved with the internet being anonymous and people having no personal skills. You add the two and you get some people that are impossible all day/night. They will ask, and honestly feel they deserve, far far more than is realistic.

Important thing to keep in mind with these folks >> They are as vindictive as they are demanding in most cases. They will have no problem causing you a world of hate just because they are who they are.

This part sucks: Forget right or wrong. Not an issue. Decide what it actually costs to bend over. If its a few bucks, right it off as the cost of business and bend over. Not worth the neg and all the damage a neg gets you. If its a costly issue, that will take more care.

But ask yourself "is it worth $x.xx to put it behind me and get on with business?" OR "is it worth $x.xx to fight and have them neg me?" << That is your answer. Not whats right or wrong... Sometimes its too much money to leave on the table, sometimes is an easy write off....

Last edited by pod; 06-30-2010 at 09:13 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pod For This Useful Post:
aspkin (07-01-2010), MadSam (11-15-2010)
Old 06-30-2010

lol. right now. im getting this buyer make best offers of 1/3 of my asking price for buy it now..and is being ridiculous...hes trying to get it cheaper then i get it myself o.O
Old 06-30-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

I once had a buyer on one of my websites who bought an $80 watch. 100% legitimate merchandise.

About 3 weeks after sending the watch, he emailed me that he was not happy, as he ordered the blue face watch and I sent him the black face watch. I checked, and he ordered the black, but I decided it was not worth it to fight. I offered him a refund or replacement upon return of the merchandise.

Then he emailed me stating that I was a crook and a con-artist because he found the same watch on another website for $65. Whatever... Then he demanded that I pay for return shipping. I was boiling mad but decided it was better than a chargeback, so I offered to include a $6 credit when he returned the merchandise.

I didn't hear from him for another week. Then he emails me that he wanted his refund FAST and that I needed to pay for FedEx to return the item. I refused, firmly, but politely. I REALLY didn't want to be polite at this point, but I was.

I didn't hear back from him. Then, I get a letter from the Better Business Bureau that he filed a complaint with them. I explained to them that I offered him a refund, and also offered to pay $6 for the return shipping, but that he demanded that I pay to have it overnighted and that I would not do that as it was unreasonable. They agreed and eventually closed out the complaint.

2 weeks later, I get another email from him. This time he was demanding that I go to his house personally to pick up the item. Sure, like I'm going to get on a plane to make a nutjob happy. He htreatened if I did not do it, he would do a chargeback and that I would lose my merchant account.

I sent him one final email advising him that if he contacted me again, I would be filing a police report on the matter.

Another week went by and then my merchant account provider contacted me. He filed for a chargeback. They asked me if I wanted to fight it. He basically just told them that he bought something from me and that he wanted to return it and I was making that difficult. I was furious!

I printed out every single one of his emails, along with my responses. I also printed the original order from my website. I wrote a letter explaining what happened and gave them the name and number of the person at the BBB who contacted me. I suggested that they look at his purchase history to see if there was a pattern of him doing this before.

3 days later the guy actually called me. He was screaming that I was committing fraud, that he would report me to the police, the FTC, the FBI and the OSI (I never did figure out what the OSI was). The he threatened to "come to Chicago to kick my a**".

I did not find out until the next day that his bank refused his chargeback request. That probably was what set him off. I never heard from him again until about a year later.

That's right, he placed ANOTHER ORDER on my website!

The bottom line is, be professional at all times. KEEP EVERYTHING, especially if the customer threatens you. Some people are just looking for a fight. And you never know what kind of a nutball you are dealing with.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
aspkin (07-01-2010)
Old 06-30-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Thats what I was saying. Sometimes these guys will go on a full blown warpath. And over nothing. You cant do anything. They are alone, miserable, angry, and have the internet...
Old 06-30-2010

lol.
yep they are some messed up people up there..
Old 07-01-2010

Longevity: 82%

Yeah! Sometimes, I wish I could just pop through the other side and Arghh!

Some customers are just so damn stupid! It's frustrating for sure but, I never lost it with a customer. I just tell myself you're never gonna see or meet this guy/girl so just don't be stubborn and play it cool. It's definitely not worth the time or effort to be mad over some trivial stupidity. Plus, the really difficult ones are actually nice if you give them what they want. The older ones are the worst...

-Albert Einstein
Old 07-01-2010

haha. yeah..totally agree o.O
Old 07-01-2010
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

If all else fails, give the buyer from Post #1 my toll free number. I'll serve your customer..........

To my neighbor's pooch.
Old 07-01-2010

haha i was going to say..
customers really need to get what they serve out -_-