My first negative, will it be removed by feedback extortion? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-03-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Default My first negative, will it be removed by feedback extortion?

After talking to the customer support my only hope is to get it removed by feedback extortion, I emailed them and copied and paste the emails I got from the buyer which are:

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 03:30 PM, xxxxxxxxxxxxxr Service sxxdixxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxeets.com> wrote:
If you are not going to refund me you get a big fat negative dumbass!

Date: Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 03:02 PM
Subject: Re: xxxx
To:xxx <xxxxxm>
I am sorry but I can not due that, I need to receive the xxx first.

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 12:05 PM xxxcxvxxxx Service <xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com> wrote:
You have two options here:
1. Refund me, and this matter is behind us
2. Receive a negative feedback and you loose A LOT of money!

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 11:10 AM, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxer xxxxxxxxxxxxxxail.com> wrote:
Hi, Can you please send the xxx back in the same way you got it back to me, I have a return address on the label.

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 10:03 AM, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxice xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxom> wrote:
I want a refund within 24 hours, if you do not refund me I will leave a big fat negative! So you better ****ing refund me if I was you!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-03-2010
Threadstarter  

Do you think it will be removed?
They agreed to cancel the transaction
They lost a case in the resolution center
They used feedback extortion
Old 07-03-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

All you can do is try and hope for the best. I've had worse and it wasn't removed.

Not sure if asking for a refund or you get negative is considered extortion. Its rude and the guy is a prick, but he never asked for anything above a refund. So you may get the shaft. If he asked for half the money back and to keep the item, that would be extortion. But ebay will maybe just see this as an angry customer and thats all.

But again, just have to try and hope for the best.
Old 07-06-2010
Threadstarter  

I have a chance to get removed but they want the email headers to prove they sent the messages any way to edit those to make it seem they sent it to make sure it gets removed by this scum buyer?
Old 07-06-2010

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via MSN to jesseinkaron

This is how I deal with situations like this ...

The buyer has been dishonest and unreasonable ..so the gloves are off.
I would send a request for feedback revision , kiss his ass bigtime.
Promise him the world .. offer him a full refund and he gets to keep the item.
Offer him additional items or whatever it takes. Tell him that you were wrong ( they love that ). Then once he accepts the feedback revision .. don't even bother answering his emails... block him from bidding on anything else .. and even tell him to ger F###ED if you want , there is nothing he can do about it.

I know it sounds bad .. but think about it.

Buyers can leave feedback and sellers can not ( it doesn't count if you can only leave positive ) The whole system is corrupt ... Buyers get away with this crap all the time.
Buyers should not be allowed to leave negatives unless they do not recieve the item , and you deny a request for refund. Or if they are not satisfied with the item and you deny a request for a return for refund.. Any negatives that do not fall in that category seem to be extorsion and or feedback abuse. How many companies do you know that could survive in the real world if they had to live by the rules ebay imposes on its sellers? Could you imagine if a restaruant could get shut down because they had too many negative feedbacks ? Or if a hotel got put out of business because they had low DSRs ? How about a taxi driver that doesn't get you to work on time because of a traffic jam .. negative feedback for him for sure! ( equivalant to slow shipping )

something to think about !
Old 07-06-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesseinkaron View Post

there is nothing he can do about it.
Problem with messing with a psycho buyer is you never really know to what extent they will go.

It feels good to get back at them a little, sure. It feels great. But some people out there just have way too much time on their hands. And can make it their goal to cause you grief. Lots. When trying to fly under the radar as we all are, silence is golden. Its best to focus on whats best for business, not what feels good.

Work on getting the feedback cleaned up and move on. It doesn't feel as good for sure. But the less you throw at a crazy buyer, the less they will throw back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anderson83 View Post

any way to edit those to make it seem they sent it to make sure it gets removed by this scum buyer?
Depends on what you are using for email. I know you can copy a header, and change IP or whatever you want before you send it to someone. But to be honest, not sure if that's detectable or not. I don't see why not, but best to confirm 100% before risking account.
The Following User Says Thank You to pod For This Useful Post:
apple6 (07-06-2010)
Old 07-06-2010

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via MSN to jesseinkaron

I understand what Pod is saying..

But the problem with that is ..
The more people that cave in to buyers demands .. the more demanding they will become.
Why do you think they behave the way they do?
I say stand your ground with unreasonable buyers ..

never refund without getting a return ..
The Following User Says Thank You to jesseinkaron For This Useful Post:
apple6 (07-06-2010)
Old 07-07-2010

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by anderson83 View Post
After talking to the customer support my only hope is to get it removed by feedback extortion, I emailed them and copied and paste the emails I got from the buyer which are:

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 03:30 PM, xxxxxxxxxxxxxr Service sxxdixxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxeets.com> wrote:
If you are not going to refund me you get a big fat negative dumbass!

Date: Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 03:02 PM
Subject: Re: xxxx
To:xxx <xxxxxm>
I am sorry but I can not due that, I need to receive the xxx first.

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 12:05 PM xxxcxvxxxx Service <xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com> wrote:
You have two options here:
1. Refund me, and this matter is behind us
2. Receive a negative feedback and you loose A LOT of money!

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 11:10 AM, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxer xxxxxxxxxxxxxxail.com> wrote:
Hi, Can you please send the xxx back in the same way you got it back to me, I have a return address on the label.

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 10:03 AM, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxice xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxom> wrote:
I want a refund within 24 hours, if you do not refund me I will leave a big fat negative! So you better ****ing refund me if I was you!
Ahh I got a negative removed due to something like that, just call ebay like I did and they will go thru his and your email to see if its true and take his negative off- keep fighting
Old 07-09-2010

Longevity: 96%

Get his real info through a user information request. You already have his name and address, but not his number...if it is real you can have a lot of fun with posts for hard to get tickets and all kinds of other items on craigslist.
A while back I had an absolute A-hole from Amazon who was 100% wrong and demanded that I call him. He finally realized he was wrong and apologized, but I came an eyelash from making his life so miserable that he would have to change his phone number