Buyer threathening for selling something ⊗⊗⊗⊗! blackmail?! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-08-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Default Buyer threathening for selling something ⊗⊗⊗⊗! blackmail?!

I will look at your add, eBay doesn't allow ⊗⊗⊗⊗ to be sold,and I will go through paypal for full purchace amount including shipping since I have to pay to ship it back and I will get it, trust ne I have done eBay forever and know the rules! You really should state that the purses are replicas, for the kind of money hare getting for them!

Sent from my iPhone
- Show quoted text -

> Hi, I really wish you would of asked sooner. I cannot guarantee the authencity of this bag since I do not get them straight from Juicy couture but an outlet. I haven't had any complaints before, Unfortuantely I have already sent it out today.. :( so If you change your mind about it you can go ahead and return it for a refund(minus shipping costs) Go ahead and contact me as soon as you receive it so I could know, thank you!t

I might be willing to keep this and not go through eBay to report that you are sellingg ⊗⊗⊗⊗ if you want to refund me
Some money. I can buy a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ purse exactly like that for 25.00 and then you can keep the shipping charge, or I can return the purse and report u to eBay and get my full purchase price,if u have any other listings stating that they are juicy eBay will remove them, I sold on eBay for years, so I know. It's up to you.

Help! i don't know what to do!

Last edited by Reyna; 07-08-2010 at 03:51 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-08-2010

Firstly, posting what is most probably your ebay email address, along with the fact your selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗, plus the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ebay patrol these boards really isn't a good idea.

Edit your post and remove all personal information!
Old 07-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

The buyer knows full well whats up and is looking to basically take advantage of you. Period. Says as much in the messages. Knew when they bought what they were buying and waited for it to ship and then put a gun to your head. Done this before and will keep doing it. Professional scumbag for sure. Get their kicks from stealing from the little guy.

You have no choice in my opinion but to cave in or lose your account. This is not a cranky unreasonable ebay buyer. This is a prick that looks for knock offs and scams the seller... Has the whole routine down pat. And the smug jerk doesn't even try and hide it. Knows full well he can get away with it.....

I'm sure every instinct you have is to tell him to jump off a cliff. And you're right to feel that way. But end result is not worth it.

Cut your losses, make him happy and then block him. Move on and keep selling.
Old 07-08-2010

Make the choice on what works better for you in this case. Personally, I would just tell the buyer to return the item and you will issue the full refund plus the shipping charge paid in the listing (since that is what paypal would do anyway), or if you made enough money off of the transaction to give the buyer a refund of $25 than do that. But personally I dont like threats and I would just have the person return the purse and give them back their money. But I never sold ⊗⊗⊗⊗ stuff so I dont know if that would cause you any ebay/paypal problems. And plus either way the buyer could still leave you negative feeback which sucks. Good Luck to you!
Old 07-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by needhelpplease View Post

I would just tell the buyer to return the item and you will issue the full refund
I get from the buyers email that's not an option. Return means take down. He knows what he's doing. Only one option he offers saves the account > A steal for him
Old 07-08-2010

Longevity: 84%
Default ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyna View Post
I will look at your add, eBay doesn't allow ⊗⊗⊗⊗ to be sold,and I will go through paypal for full purchace amount including shipping since I have to pay to ship it back and I will get it, trust ne I have done eBay forever and know the rules! You really should state that the purses are replicas, for the kind of money hare getting for them!

Sent from my iPhone
- Show quoted text -

On Jul 7, 2010, at 10:17 PM, wrote:

> Hi, I really wish you would of asked sooner. I cannot guarantee the authencity of this bag since I do not get them straight from Juicy couture but an outlet. I haven't had any complaints before, Unfortuantely I have already sent it out today.. :( so If you change your mind about it you can go ahead and return it for a refund(minus shipping costs) Go ahead and contact me as soon as you receive it so I could know, thank you!t

I might be willing to keep this and not go through eBay to report that you are sellingg ⊗⊗⊗⊗ if you want to refund me
Some money. I can buy a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ purse exactly like that for 25.00 and then you can keep the shipping charge, or I can return the purse and report u to eBay and get my full purchase price,if u have any other listings stating that they are juicy eBay will remove them, I sold on eBay for years, so I know. It's up to you.

Help! i don't know what to do!
If they want a refund just give em a refund otherwise the'll just file a dispute and get it themselves. Authenticty has nothing to do with it, ebay's been selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ for years they don't care what you sell, they care about the corporate system and the legal system. What gets sent in the mail is a personal matter between you and the customer so if they want a refund just give em a refund and move on.
Old 07-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

I might be willing to keep this and not go through eBay to report that you are sellingg ⊗⊗⊗⊗ if you want to refund me Some money.

or I can return the purse and report u to eBay
He doesn't want to return it. He wants a deal. Nothing less, nothing more.
Old 07-08-2010

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuntz View Post
If they want a refund just give em a refund otherwise the'll just file a dispute and get it themselves. Authenticty has nothing to do with it, ebay's been selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ for years they don't care what you sell, they care about the corporate system and the legal system. What gets sent in the mail is a personal matter between you and the customer so if they want a refund just give em a refund and move on.
paypal will require that the buyer send the item back for refund if buyer opens paypal dispute...buyer will have to provide paypal with tracking.
Old 07-08-2010

Longevity: 84%
Default ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody999 View Post
paypal will require that the buyer send the item back for refund if buyer opens paypal dispute...buyer will have to provide paypal with tracking.
Really? your kidding, are you sure about that? you just told me something I never knew! Nobody999 is AMAZING!!! LOL!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jbluntz For This Useful Post:
Burning (07-08-2010), lakeman (07-08-2010)
Old 07-08-2010
Threadstarter  

Hi guys! thanks for the quick replys and helpful posts, this an update of what is happening...

Hi I did not see your last email which is this one. I really wish you could just send the purse back and not report to ebay and get your full purchase price, since that is blackmail, I really am a really nice friendly person and i do want to make this transaction go as smoothly as possible. I never meant for this to happen and I really am sorry. I really wish you wouldn't threathen to report me and i can go ahead and refund you your full money plus shipping costs and that will be the end, but since you are threatening to report me if i don't let you keep the purse for $25.00 plus shipping costs (in which i actually pay $40 for it) I really have no other option but to please you and let you keep the purse and close the case at $25.00 plus the 10 for shipping costs...but again I really wish you wouldnt, but like I said I am a very workable and friendly person and I am being as honest as I can to the best of my ability and as best of a seller as I can, again, I am soooo sorry for this..

Her:I'm just trying to figure a way that I dont have to waste more money to ship it back.So,you say you paid 40.00 and it would cost me 10.00 to ship it back,How about I pay you 30.00 plus your shipping and you send me 89.00 refund and then I will cancel the claim.Its not that I want a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ purse but I dont want to have to pay to ship it back.I am not trying to threaten you but in all honesty I did the same thing as you but I was selling coach bags that were ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and got caught and they took all my listings off and I had to refund every ⊗⊗⊗⊗ purse that I sold.Thats why I know what will happen and Im just trying to help you out,not threaten you.If you really want that purse back and want to pay for me shipping it back plus my full purchase price and the shipping for sending it to me which would total 139.00 then I would be more then happy to send it back,again the decission is yours.

basically she wants me to refund her the full money first and then she will send the purse back and not report or leave bad feedback..she closed the paypal dispute after I refunded her, I really hope she sends it back ,, even though I'm not sure she will..

:(
Old 07-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

You handled yourself as well as you could. Nice effort. I hope it works out but here's the huge red flag:

Quote:

I did the same thing as you but I was selling coach bags that were ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and got caught and they took all my listings off...
Not only is this person, in my opinion, a professional thief that planned this from the second she hit buy, but she has sold ⊗⊗⊗⊗ herself before?? And didn't email you all this crap until after you shipped?? Never thought to confirm it was real when she has personal experience selling knock offs?? Way too fishy for me.

Hope I'm wrong and it works out. But my guess is you just got played hard. No money and no bag. But you never know. She could just be a moron, who even though she used to sell ⊗⊗⊗⊗ bags, never thought to ask if the one she bought was real before hand... But, I hope it works out.

Keep us posted if bag makes it home
Old 07-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Just write it off as the cost of doing business. Your going to win some, your going to lose some. The major retailers get ripped off for billions from scumbags like this, so your out a little cash. just write it off at the end of the year as a business expense on your taxes. Thats what I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pod View Post
You handled yourself as well as you could. Nice effort. I hope it works out but here's the huge red flag:

Not only is this person, in my opinion, a professional thief that planned this from the second she hit buy, but she has sold ⊗⊗⊗⊗ herself before?? And didn't email you all this crap until after you shipped?? Never thought to confirm it was real when she has personal experience selling knock offs?? Way too fishy for me.

Hope I'm wrong and it works out. But my guess is you just got played hard. No money and no bag. But you never know. She could just be a moron, who even though she used to sell ⊗⊗⊗⊗ bags, never thought to ask if the one she bought was real before hand... But, I hope it works out.

Keep us posted if bag makes it home
Old 07-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

You are dealing with a Pro Here, that much is certain, I personally would ALWAYS try to AVOID a confrontation in a situation like that even if it cost me money. HOWEVER, I draw the Line at Extortion/Blackmail, It is in my Nature NOT allow someone to take advantage of me, the ONLY Person allowed to take advantage of me is ME.

The biggest mistake you made is to acknoledge that the purse is ⊗⊗⊗⊗, you should have NEVER done that.

So at this point if I were you, I would say to hell with the account and tell her that I will refund you $60.00 (or whatever amount you like) and you can keep the purse, or send the Purse back and I will refund all of your money plus an additional $10.00 (or whatever) for shipping the purse back to me.--If not you are welcome to file a Paypal dispute, where Paypal will make you ship the Purse back in order to get the refund and you will lose out on the shipping (let the Bit*h Know that you too KNOW how Paypal works. Also tell her that you will provide Ebay with a Copy of all the messages between the Two of you. Ebay does not want ⊗⊗⊗⊗ items on their site, and they don't want BLACLMAILERS and thieves either, Let her Know that you will Put HER Account in jeopardy!!! also let her know that you wil be fowarding the Massages between the two of you to HER LOCAL Authorities, because you are QUITE SURE that EXTORTION is against the law in Her little corner of the World.

Thats what I would do. Basically, "Flip the Script" on Her and scare the SH*T out of her and Call her Bluff, and whatever happens to the Account Happens.

You can ALWAYS get another account, but you can Never regain Lost DIGNITY>

Sorry, but That is Just the way I feel, I DO NOT LIKE PREDATORS!!

Last edited by slapped; 07-08-2010 at 11:26 PM.
Old 07-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post

I DO NOT LIKE PREDATORS!!
I don't disagree at all. Believe me, you would be hard pressed to find someone that would like to have 10 minutes alone with some of these buyers more. But I've stood my ground many times before. And for a lousy $40 or whatever have sent a good account to the grave. Hind site, not worth it.

But it depends on the account. If its a strong account making good money and its easy to get that money out regularly... Well, I like to protect those. Getting to a point where you can get paid well and withdraw fast is not easy. So, as crappy as it is to sometimes let the scumbag win, the account has to come first.

Some guys on here have dozens of accounts and dozens more waiting. So to burn an account is not a big deal. I only keep a couple at a time so I may be more protective....

Its rare too, and that's key. If this was something a person had to deal with weekly it would be another story. But a couple jack asses a couple times a year can have their pocket change. I'm going to forge ahead. But again, I'm overly protective in keeping good accounts going
Old 07-09-2010

Longevity: 83%

Ya im dealing with this now and the guy is a high bidder on one of my auctions. Just know whats coming...dumb ?s and why when how and where. Terrible some people if they put half the effort into doing something productive as they did giving me, you, and whoever a hard time they would make money.

chalk it up refund the money and move on. sucks but its your best move.
Old 07-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

it depends on your products, some get complaints all the time, ditch em, others are what get you compliments and thank yous and have you got another for my friend.......

actually I dont think shes a scammer, she just knows the rules, or she wouldnt have admitted to being a seller herself, I dont think this scenario is that uncommon, the shipping issue of a refund is always a problem because it isnt covered under refund and it can cost alot if international, build it in to your costs and after all how much can this bag have cost you in the first place? no more than $100 for the best ones out there and that isnt worth a good accounts reputation.
Old 07-09-2010

Longevity: 96%

If you do accept a return, hope that they mail it from the post office with no sig confirmation. Then you can give it right back to him saying that you can't refund his money becasue the package never arrived.
Old 07-09-2010
Threadstarter  

Alright guys so looks like she stopped replying right after I gave her the refund?
Ha, it's actually quite funny. Beforehand she was messaging me within 20 minutes and as soon as I gave her the refund and told her to please mail the purse back(she agreed to do express) she hasn't responded since. The last thing she wrote was "Did you refund me? It's not showing up" and I replied, "If you paid with a card it will go to the card, if you paid through your paypal it will show up there.." I messaged her 2x after this and this was yesterday! SKETCHY! I think it's obvious that I'm lucked out and I won't be hearing from her anymore. Is there anything I can do now?? The anger is taking over me. I have her number in the ebay ordering details, I'm thinking about calling her? If I block her can she still report me and leave bad feedback? I'm confused on what I should do now? Just let it go?
:\
Old 07-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

I messaged her 2x after this and this was yesterday! SKETCHY!

She could just be busy or away. I wouldn't panic yet. Wait a few days... It does appear you have been taken for a ride for sure. But you never know...

Is there anything I can do now?? The anger is taking over me.

Dont get mad, it may make you do something foolish. Try and right it off as a person with no morals.

I have her number in the ebay ordering details, I'm thinking about calling her?

If she has scammed you, she has scammed you. Phoning wont make a difference now. If anything it will piss her off...

If I block her can she still report me and leave bad feedback?

Block will stop her from buying again, but sadly she still has the power to report you, neg you, whatever strikes her fancy!

Just let it go?

Yes. If you want to keep account, yes. With all due respect to all the members that say don't stand for it, they dont know if replacing the account is easy for you or not. Thats the issue, not right or wrong.... If you don't mind losing account, burn her to the ground! But if account is important, let it go.
The Following User Says Thank You to pod For This Useful Post:
Reyna (07-09-2010)
Old 07-09-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pod View Post

I messaged her 2x after this and this was yesterday! SKETCHY!

She could just be busy or away. I wouldn't panic yet. Wait a few days... It does appear you have been taken for a ride for sure. But you never know...

Is there anything I can do now?? The anger is taking over me.

Dont get mad, it may make you do something foolish. Try and right it off as a person with no morals.

I have her number in the ebay ordering details, I'm thinking about calling her?

If she has scammed you, she has scammed you. Phoning wont make a difference now. If anything it will piss her off...

If I block her can she still report me and leave bad feedback?

Block will stop her from buying again, but sadly she still has the power to report you, neg you, whatever strikes her fancy!

Just let it go?

Yes. If you want to keep account, yes. With all due respect to all the members that say don't stand for it, they dont know if replacing the account is easy for you or not. Thats the issue, not right or wrong.... If you don't mind losing account, burn her to the ground! But if account is important, let it go.
Yes that is true. I totally agree to just let it go but again I HATE getting taking advantage of and feeling powerless over the situation. I just started a new ebay account about 3 weeks ago and since my other account got suspended due to another stupid buyer with no common sense. It baffles my mind how everytime something goes wrong it's always with buyers with less than 5 feedback or 0. Is there any way I can block them?
Old 07-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

always with buyers with less than 5 feedback or 0.

Is there any way I can block them?
No :(

Its the certain types of products that attract more scumbags then others it seems.

I had an account that was 3 years strong, 200 grand in sales and only one scumbag. I've also had accounts that cant go a week.... eBay has made itself "scumbag friendly" - Nothing can be done sadly. Its not your fault, it's eBays...
Old 07-12-2010

Longevity: 89%

I hate to play Devils Advocate but if you are selling something that is suppose to be authentic and it is not ,your really no better than the person giving you a hard time..i was in a similar situation over a item and just gave the buyer the item . i had this happen years back and finally realized it was a road to nowhere and once again when paypal starts reporting to the irs in 2011 in the US you better have a backup plan for paypal accounts cause you are not gonna get one without a valid ss number .