Can I create a new ebay account with same info and add an email to paypal? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-09-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%
Default Can I create a new ebay account with same info and add an email to paypal?

Ok, I have had my ebay/paypal for well over a year now (thank you lakeman) and there is nothing wrong with either but I got my first negative feedback from a malicious bidder. I reported it since the idiot emailed me nothing short of saying she was going to leave me negative for blocking her from bidding (she created another account). However, I am very tedious about my business and I dont want to have to always worry if a new ebayer bidding on my items is this person.

So my question is, can I create another ebay account using a different name/address and just add another email to my paypal and use that email with ebay? I am going to be getting another stealth ebay/paypal but I dont want to have to go through waiting and all that stuff since I am listing about 50-100 items each week. Again, there is nothing wrong with my current ebay/paypal, I had 100% feedback and still my lowest DSR is 4.94, but I am NOT comfortable selling with this horrible negative feedback. I have already had 2 questions from potential buyers about this feedback and it is insulting.

Any suggestions??? Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Dont link a new account to an old one. Start a fresh set and build it up while still using current one. IF anything happens down the road with any luck the new set will be up and running strong enough to replace it.

Just ignore all communication from this buyer. I find communicating gives them fuel. So if you are lucky by ignoring them they may find a new dog to kick...
The Following User Says Thank You to pod For This Useful Post:
needhelpplease (07-09-2010)
Old 07-09-2010
Threadstarter  

Thanks! I just didnt think linking a new account to a still-good account would cause me any issue since ebay does allow you to have multiple accounts as long as all are "well". I never communicated with the buyer and NEVER communicate with threats what so ever. Thanks so much!
Old 07-09-2010

Longevity: 84%

You can create a new ebay account with the same info and link it to the same paypal, all you need is a new e-mail, you can have up to 8 per paypal account.
The Following User Says Thank You to jbluntz For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I think you may be taking this too personally. Have your sales signifcantly dropped since she left the feedback?

I ask because I remember how awful I felt when I got my first negative (2,700+ all positive up to that point) and how I reacted (badly).

Older and wiser, I now understand that if you sell in any volume, you will eventually get hit with a negative. It doesn't matter what you do or how hard you try, it will just happen.

Of course, there are degrees of negative. I always check negative feedback (toolhaus.org has a great free tool do easily do this) but I can usually spot an unreasonable buyer a mile away. I push those aside and look at the ones that seem to have a legitimnate issue and then decide if I want to buy or not.

If one person out of 1,000 says they never received the item, that's a glitch. It it is 5 out of 10, that is a problem. Same thing with ⊗⊗⊗⊗, customer service issues, etc.

There is a lot of good advice above, but I have to agree that no matter which way you go, you should have a couple of backup accounts, just in case. Of course, I learned my lesson the hard way :-)
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuntz View Post
You can create a new ebay account with the same info and link it to the same paypal, all you need is a new e-mail, you can have up to 8 per paypal account.
My plan was to create another ebay account with different name/address and of course a different email to add to paypal....would that work???...so in the event this person does bid on an item and win on my new account, she wont try and do this again to me.
Old 07-09-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
I think you may be taking this too personally. Have your sales signifcantly dropped since she left the feedback?

I ask because I remember how awful I felt when I got my first negative (2,700+ all positive up to that point) and how I reacted (badly).

Older and wiser, I now understand that if you sell in any volume, you will eventually get hit with a negative. It doesn't matter what you do or how hard you try, it will just happen.

Of course, there are degrees of negative. I always check negative feedback (toolhaus.org has a great free tool do easily do this) but I can usually spot an unreasonable buyer a mile away. I push those aside and look at the ones that seem to have a legitimnate issue and then decide if I want to buy or not.

If one person out of 1,000 says they never received the item, that's a glitch. It it is 5 out of 10, that is a problem. Same thing with ⊗⊗⊗⊗, customer service issues, etc.

There is a lot of good advice above, but I have to agree that no matter which way you go, you should have a couple of backup accounts, just in case. Of course, I learned my lesson the hard way :-)
I already noticed that 2 people withdrew their bids and then those other 2 people asked me about the feedback which was insulting. So it for sure has effected me to some degree. It is just so depressing. Will for sure have to do that extra accounts hanging around thing. UUGGH! Thanks!!
Old 07-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

No dont make an account with a different name and address. Make a 2nd account same info, different email. Also make stealth accounts
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscri...html#post74952

Post #8 oF HWGA defines the way. The advantage of this is you can rest the account a little if you so want, buy stuff, increase the FB. It also means you dont have all your eggs in the one basket
Old 07-09-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
No dont make an account with a different name and address. Make a 2nd account same info, different email. Also make stealth accounts
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscri...html#post74952
Post #8 oF HWGA defines the way. The advantage of this is you can rest the account a little if you so want, buy stuff, increase the FB. It also means you dont have all your eggs in the one basket
Thanks GreenBean. Can you please explain to me what "Post #8 of HWGA" means or where to find it? Thanks again!
Old 07-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

oops! Correct thread there now.
Old 07-09-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
oops! Correct thread there now.
I am not subscribed so I guess I cant access it. This is exactly how my luck has been going since April! LOL! Just cant seem to get it together,lol!
Old 07-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

I'll give you the 1st 3 lines - They are important:

Yes you can have 2 eBay accounts per Paypal account.
If 1 eBay account goes down be ready for the other to die rather quickly.
If your Paypal gets limited be ready to lose both eBay accounts

Many will see a value to having more than one ebay on a paypal. But as you see above anything gets screwed on one, you pretty much lose the rest. Having a full new set is much more valuable in my opinion.

You really should get the Stealth Book if you dont have it. One clean day selling on ebay and its more than paid for