Dropshipping on Amazon - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 07-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,040 Times in 774 Posts
Activity: 39%
Longevity: 81%
Default Dropshipping on Amazon

Anyone else dropshipping on Amazon.

I was selling on Egay and then fulfilling with Amazon, until I got limited.

Yesterday I started selling on Amazon and dropshipping with other companies. IE find a niche product at a random company, check the price on Amazon and see if profit can be made, if so list on Amazon, sell, request disbursement for transfer to bank the following day, wait for a few days till cash is in a/c, then buy and send to Amazon customer.

If other people are doing this I would appreciate any advice of possible pitfalls, apart from the obvious, ie suspensions and what not
The Following User Says Thank You to sax4 For This Useful Post:
guderfuta (02-26-2015)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Wait for few days to ship? Won't that cause some rough delays and such. Pitfall is if dropshipper fails I guess.
Old 07-15-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Well it says when i'm listing that transit time is 3-12 business days for domestic, and 5-35 for international!.

S0 i'm guessing most people realise this and aren't expecting delivery as fast as they would with Ebay
Old 07-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasasasa View Post
Anyone else dropshipping on Amazon.

I was selling on Egay and then fulfilling with Amazon, until I got limited.

Yesterday I started selling on Amazon and dropshipping with other companies. IE find a niche product at a random company, check the price on Amazon and see if profit can be made, if so list on Amazon, sell, request disbursement for transfer to bank the following day, wait for a few days till cash is in a/c, then buy and send to Amazon customer.

If other people are doing this I would appreciate any advice of possible pitfalls, apart from the obvious, ie suspensions and what not
eGAY? Is that a new auction site???

Seriously, though, Amazon does not allow drop-shipping. You MAY be able to get away with it if you have a VERY RELIABLE source that is actually THE source for the merchandise (there are TONS of middle-men out there) and have them ship the same day the order is placed. But to make a sale, wait a day to disburse funds, and then another few days for them to hit your bank, and then place the actual order - it won't work.

Most customers will expect to have RECEIVED their order by the time you are PLACING that order. They will complain, or at the very least send inquiries asking where their item is, and all of that goes through Amazon. As soon as Amazon can recognize a pattern, your account will be closed.

Also, it is NEVER a good idea to request disbursements on an Amazon account, much less several times per month. That will definitely put your account under scrutiny. I should know, I lost a couple of accounts by requesting too many disbursements. When I just let it happen on their schedule, it is no problem. But I do not drop-ship.

Sorry I couldn't be more positive.

Last edited by jeffweico; 07-15-2010 at 04:59 PM.
Old 07-15-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
eGAY? Is that a new auction site???

Seriously, though, Amazon does not allow drop-shipping. You MAY be able to get away with it if you have a VERY RELIABLE source that is actually THE source for the merchandise (there are TONS of middle-men out there) and have them ship the same day the order is placed. But to make a sale, wait a day to disburse funds, and then another few days for them to hit your bank, and then place the actual order - it won't work.

Most customers will expect to have RECEIVED their order by the time you are PLACING that order. They will complain, or at the very least send inquiries asking where their item is, and all of that goes through Amazon. As soon as Amazon can recognize a pattern, your account will be closed.

Also, it is NEVER a good idea to request disbursements on an Amazon account, much less several times per month. That will definitely put your account under scrutiny. I should know, I lost a couple of accounts by requesting too many disbursements. When I just let it happen on their schedule, it is no problem. But I do not drop-ship.

Sorry I couldn't be more positive.
I wish there was a new Ebay!

Ebay and Amazon frown upon drop-shipping but there are hell of alot of big sellers on both doing it. It obviously helps to have a reserve amount of money to start with so you can purchase and drop ship and soon as you get the order.

Just found this thread,very interesting reading How to make over $10,000 monthly selling on amazon/dropshipping without any investment - Page 11 - Black Hat Forum Black Hat SEO

Will give it a go, if I get banned i'm guessing I can start an Amazon Stealth account?!
Old 07-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%

lol no way you'll last your going to get banned immediately amazon customers don't care about expected delivery date they want it shipped in 24 hours possibly even more pickier then ebay customers
The Following User Says Thank You to 123 For This Useful Post:
alekov (02-15-2015)
Old 07-15-2010

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 View Post
lol no way you'll last your going to get banned immediately amazon customers don't care about expected delivery date they want it shipped in 24 hours possibly even more pickier then ebay customers
i totally agree...
Old 07-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I wish there was a new Ebay!

Ebay and Amazon frown upon drop-shipping but there are hell of alot of big sellers on both doing it. It obviously helps to have a reserve amount of money to start with so you can purchase and drop ship and soon as you get the order.

Just found this thread,very interesting reading How to make over $10,000 monthly selling on amazon/dropshipping without any investment - Page 11 - Black Hat Forum Black Hat SEO

Will give it a go, if I get banned i'm guessing I can start an Amazon Stealth account?!
I looked at this post (in the link) and this guy is saying that a $5 - $10 profit is average (I'm guessing AFTER the Amazon fees), but if the item price is $100, it could be a disaster. ONE customer getting a refund and not returning the item could mean 10-20 new sales would have to be made just to make up for the one loss.

Add in the Amazon problems, and I doubt it is worth it.

BUT... If I *WERE* going to do it, I would...

1) Find something with a good profit margin.
2) Use my CC to order the minute I received the order.
3) Tell the seller it is a gift or find another excuse to ask for no packing slip.
4) Get a tracking number from the seller and post it into Amazon within 48 hours of the sale.
5) Use my own money and wait for Amazon's disbursement schedule.

That MIGHT work as Amazon would have no way of knowing you were drop-shipping and customers would receive their orders on time. That would eliminate most of the problems.
Old 07-15-2010

Longevity: 79%

how amazon wouldn't know you were drop shipping.

1. you posted the tracking number, if the customer complain after they checked the status, then ....

2. assume amazon randomly check the tracking number, then you get exposed
(not sure, if amazon verify the tracking number though, do they send tracking number notice to the buyer?)

just my two sents
Old 07-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by madman View Post
how amazon wouldn't know you were drop shipping.

1. you posted the tracking number, if the customer complain after they checked the status, then ....

2. assume amazon randomly check the tracking number, then you get exposed
(not sure, if amazon verify the tracking number though, do they send tracking number notice to the buyer?)

just my two sents
The tracking number may point to a different origin, but that does not automatically mean the person is drop-shipping. I don't think the customer would complain - I don't think many people notice where each seller is located, All they care about is seeing the package in transit.

As for post-receipt complaints, if there is no packing slip, the buyer would not know that it did not come from you directly. Most drop-shippers will put your name on the box in the return address field.

But I don't recommend drop-shipping on Amazon. There are too many pitfalls. Like when your supplier is out of stock. Amazon requires that you list only items that you have "in hand". So how many times could you tell them that the item was damaged after it was listed? At some point, they wise up.
Old 07-15-2010

Longevity: 84%

I for myself found out that my buyer wait longer as the ebay guys before they complain.

I wait 48 hours after the disbursment (normaly 3x per week) before i ship it out.

But its true, dropshipping dont work on amazon, the money needs 3-4 days before it is in your account, but the buy wants it within a week.

U can use a credit card, so everyone will be happy.

Or in my case, most of the stuff will be bought at thursday/friday/ saturday.

Then i call my supplier at friday, he ships it to me by DHL/TNT/UPS, it is here on Monday, then i ship it the same day by USPS First Class, it is at the buyers door within 2 days.

My delivery time is with that 5 days, thats perfect for the buyer.

And normally i buy more than i need for the next days as a reserve, when i know its a good item at the moment.

But u can use dropshipping but u need a credit card, dont wait until the money is there......ship it after 48 hours, thats also the time, when they cant reverse the money (normally!!!)
Old 07-15-2010

Longevity: 85%

I mostly dropship on one of my accounts with 40+ 99% feedback. The most important thing is to get a reliable supplier. Once you identified a potential dropshipper, list several cheap items you can pay right away to your dropshipper and gauge how long it takes them to ship with tracking #. As for me, I pay my dropshipper right away who is located in another state and items get sent out the same day 90% of time and emailing with tracking #. The easiest money you can make being the middleman.
The Following User Says Thank You to Recherché For This Useful Post:
alekov (02-15-2015)
Old 07-17-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Yep I think I will only sell things that I can purchase straight away, or list things like books/dvd's that people are less likely to be in a rush to get.
Old 07-17-2010

Longevity: 80%

where do you find suppliers?
Old 07-17-2010

Longevity: 84%

best it to make it legit, register a company (LLC.....or bigger), then ask the IRS for a EIN (online)......

then u can register yourself at navarre.com, petra.com and many more
The Following User Says Thank You to dennisjaneway For This Useful Post:
alekov (02-15-2015)
Old 07-20-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%
Send a message via MSN to teedon Send a message via Skype™ to teedon

also make one your own website to sell,try to sell your products through many different methods.Sooner or later you will be stronger
Old 07-21-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I think a good way to do it is to sell on Amazon(or your own website) and buy on Ebay. As long as you can get them to ship to an address different to your PP address then it's good.
Old 07-22-2010

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
I think a good way to do it is to sell on Amazon(or your own website) and buy on Ebay. As long as you can get them to ship to an address different to your PP address then it's good.
prblem with that is ebay sellers might include invoice/receipt, so when your amazon buyers receive the item, they will question why they were charged a different amount then invoice.
Old 07-22-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody999 View Post
prblem with that is ebay sellers might include invoice/receipt, so when your amazon buyers receive the item, they will question why they were charged a different amount then invoice.
Well if they are sending to an address other than your pp address you can say it's a gift and ask to exclude
Old 02-15-2015

Longevity: 65%
Default Re: Dropshipping on Amazon

I've done eBay to Amazon many times, however, even after giving strict instruction to eBay sellers regarding no invoice, no eBay info on package, etc. etc. there are still issues in 1 out of 7-8 orders, so I avoid it. Ebay sellers are not as careful at packaging, or reading directions, and if they put an invoice or eBay label on the package, your Amz customer will have a hernia.

Using drop shippers is also difficult but not impossible. I personally have had bad experience with drop shippers running out of a product when I had already sold it, so I had to cancel orders. I know there are many people that have had success with it, just you have to find the right drop shipper that is reliable and ships quick. Keep in mind that whatever search you are doing to find a drop shipper, there are many other Amz Sellers possibly doing the same search, so even if it looks like a great product/profit margin today, you may find yourself spending time and energy, setting up accounts and etc just to find that 5 days later another Amz Seller comes on the same products driving prices lower and making profits not worth the hassle for you. So if it's a easy to find/google drop shipper that you found, most probably it won't be a viable business long term.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alekov For This Useful Post:
cherrqell (02-24-2015), Lucifer (02-26-2015)
Old 02-25-2015

Longevity: 62%
Default Re: Dropshipping on Amazon

I'm a drop shipper. My account is 2 years old now. 30-40k month in sales. It works, but very difficult to maintain. Took me 3 accounts and many years of learning and developing a sustainable model. Definitely worth it from my perspective. Biggest benefit of dropshipping is that I can work anywhere with no inventory and requires very little time. There are ways around the shipping issues mentioned. If there's a will, there's a way.