Ebay emails to sellers after account suspension - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 07-16-2010
Trimptop

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 0%
Default Ebay emails to sellers after account suspension

What the hell is this? I have purchased a lot from Ebay in the last 2 months & now all of the people I purchased from are receiving this bull**** email today! My account is indefinitely suspended as of today. What should I do & should I be concerned with these letters going out to everyone I purchased from??

Thanks

MC139 Account Security Communication Partner Warning -

Hello ******* ,

Our records show that you recently contacted or received messages from ******* through eBay's messaging system. This account was recently found to have been accessed by an unauthorized third party, who may have used the account in an attempt to defraud other members.

We've taken action to restore this account to the original owner, but wanted to let you know to be suspicious of any communication you may have received from them. Nothing is wrong with your account at this time ? this message is just being sent as a precaution. If you have received any messages from that appears suspicious, please feel free to forward them to us at spoof@ebay.com for review.

-- Safety Tips --
-- Don't respond to the sender, through either eBay or your email provider, if the message is an offer to buy or sell an item. This type of offer may be fraudulent, and the transaction won't be covered by eBay protection programs.

- - If you received what appears to be a Second Chance Offer for an item you recently bid on, and it appears in My Messages with the subject of "Message from eBay Member," it isn't a legitimate Second Chance Offer.

Real Second Chance Offers appear in My Messages with a blue background and subject that says, "eBay Second Chance Offer for Item...". Always check for both the blue background in My Messages and the subject line of "eBay Second Chance Offer for Item?" when responding to a Second Chance Offer.

-- Never pay for your eBay items using instant cash wire transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. It is against eBay's Safe Payments Policy for a seller to request payment with these methods, as these types of payments are unsafe if you're paying someone you don't know.

-- If You've Already Sent Payment or Shipped an Item --
- - If you already sent payment for an off-eBay transaction, or if you're a seller who already shipped an item to a fraudulent buyer, we suggest you take the following steps:

-- Contact the payment service you used to make the purchase. If you paid by credit card, most card issuers provide consumer protections in instances of online fraud.

- - If you sold and shipped an item to a fraudulent buyer, contact the carrier you used to ship the item. You might be able to receive additional assistance from the shipping service. If it was sent through the United States Postal Service, you may want to file mail fraud charges. Please go to:
U.S. Postal Inspection Service

- - Report the fraudulent buyer or seller both to law enforcement officials in your area, and in the area where the buyer or seller lives. To find law enforcement agencies by area, please visit:
USACOPS: Police Departments, Sheriffs' Offices, Officers, and Other Law Enforcement Agencies

When you contact a law enforcement officer, please explain the following:

- eBay will be happy to help with the officer's investigation.
- For more information on how the officer can contact eBay, go to:
eBay Security Center: Law Enforcement

-- You may also want to file a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3). The IC3 is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the National White Collar Crime Center. The IC3 will review complaints and refer information to the appropriate local, state, or federal agency. To file a complaint with the IC3, please go to:
Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) | Home

We also need you to take a few minutes to provide more information related to the transaction. The information you provide will allow us to work more effectively with law enforcement should an investigation occur. Please go to:
eBay: Redirect

Click the "Item Bought Outside of eBay" or "Item Sold Outside of eBay" link.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

eBay Customer Support

H56847
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-16-2010
Trimptop

This is the final suspension notice I received from Ebay, any clue to what that suspension is for?

MC071 FPA NOTICE B001: eBay Registration Suspension.

Also I recieved this when they emailed me back:

Thank you for writing eBay to let us know you faxed the documentation we
requested. We appreciate you gathering the information and sending it to
us.

I've looked at our records and see that eBay restricted your account due
to violations of the eBay User Agreement.

We've reviewed your restriction appeal and have decided that your eBay
account will be suspended. We apologize for any inconvenience this
restriction may cause. Our decision is based on evidence from our
records as well as any additional information you've provided. Please
understand that this is a security measure intended to help protect you
and the eBay community. Due to eBay policy, we cannot provide you with
more specific information.

-- Note --
Although we will read any future appeals you send, we may not respond to
your inquiries.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
J.P.

eBay Customer Support
Trust and Safety Operations
Old 07-16-2010

Longevity: 88%
Default Too bad

That sucks, what did you do wrong?

IE: What were you selling, what did you send them by fax, shill bidding?????

In either event, get the Stealth Book and learn how to make a un-linkable account and move on, this account is gone.
Old 07-16-2010
Trimptop

Hi, thanks for responding, I need massive help! lol
No shilling, I was just selling my own personal items. The account is under my husband's name & I was selling some clothes, 2 handbags, a wallet, some perfume, a movie, video game, etc.
I am trying to clean out my closets & this crap happens! lol
I got eBay Stealth two weeks ago, read it twice! lol
I often go back & look at certain parts of it.
I figured that account was gone but I don't know why, the problem is, it could be a few things.
I sent them a copy of my husband's drivers license but I did white out his birthdate & drivers license number because I didn't feel comfortable sending that information over to them for security reasons. I also sent over a recent copy of our electric bill but also whited out our account number, once again for security issues.
They wanted invoices OR receipts, I really didn't have any, so what ever receipts I did have for similiar items or items already sold I took a picture of but also whited out certain information, like credit card info & who it was billed to & shipped to because none of the receipts or invoices had my husband's name on it, they had my name & I have been suspended a few times from Ebay, so I didn't want to get linked. Plus, the address was whited out because it was our address from over 2 years ago.
My PP account got suspended though a month ago, probably once again, linked to old accounts & I really needed to sell my stuff so my friend let me use her account to receive payments & send payments for items I bought, low & behold, her PP account got suspended on July 6th, the same day my Ebay selling got limited, yes, I know, not a coincidence! lol
So, my Ebay account was still up & running but I couldn't list but I was still able to buy. I called Ebay a few times asked them what they needed exactly, etc, so I finally gather everything, take pictures, fax over yesterday morning & BOOM, this morning my account is gone completely & they can't tell me **** over the phone! How can they not explain anything to you about YOUR account?
Old 07-16-2010
Trimptop

Plus I am VERY concerned about these emails being sent to sellers that I purchased items from, the email makes it look like fraud!
Plus, the 5 sellers I paid yesterday were apparently sent an email that they can ship if they want but don't suggest they ship! Meanwhile, I want the items BUT the crappy part is, I paid from my PP balance & the money is out of my PP account now & I really am afraid PP is going to limit this new account I opened! I didn't open a Premier Account though, only a personal so I can pay for purchases & still receive money via money request.
I did open it up under a different computer user ID, also did CC Cleaner & have "Better Options" Privacy on Mozilla now & I delete the LSO's BUT still same IP address. Still working on how to change it.
Is there anything that I can do? What if these seller's start reporting me or something since they received this email from Ebay stating the purchases might have been made fraudulently? We haven't done anything wrong OR illegal that's what is so screwed up about the whole situation!
Old 07-16-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSL1229 View Post

I did white out his birthdate & drivers license number

our electric bill but also whited out our account number

receipts I did have for similiar items or items already sold I took a picture of but also whited out certain information

Plus, the address was whited out
I suspect that they are not happy with some of this. The point of sending docs is to verify info. If you block out all the info, its of no use. Basically, if they get uncomfortable about anything, they will lock you up.

Quote:
BUT still same IP address. Still working on how to change it.
If this is the same IP as your last account, this and shaky docs and you have your reason
Old 07-16-2010
Trimptop

Actually the IP address is not the same as all of my older suspended accounts, I actually had the IP address changed a month ago because I was trying to change it & I messed it up! lol
So, I got lucky & got a new IP address so there can't be any link from IP address.
So do you believe it was the shaky docs?
Should I try calling them again & asking if I can fax over the information again & just explain that I was nervous about sending over such personal information?
Do you think that will help?
I really don't want to lose the account, it was in excellent standing with 101 Positive feedbacks, ugh!
Thanks
Old 07-16-2010
Trimptop

But on the drivers license, it showed the name & address, isn't that enough for them to verify?
The Electric Bill also, shows my husband's name & full address, would this really be an issue that certain information was whited out?
Old 07-16-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

Should I try calling them again & asking if I can fax over the information again & just explain that I was nervous about sending over such personal information?
Absolutely. Worth a try. And being nervous about sensitive info in this day and age is nothing they can hold against you. Play dumb. Find out exactly what they want. Ask questions just like a real person would in this situation. If this was your 1st run at all this you would ask these questions, right?
Old 07-16-2010
Executive [VIP]

And if this is a new account on a new IP you don't need to be clearing cookies and lso all the time. If its one computer user only and only one account the cookies are actually a good thing. Once you clean all traces of yourself from old account you dont need to keep doing it. That too makes them wiggy

If running multiple accounts, that's a different story.
Old 07-16-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
What the hell is this? I have purchased a lot from Ebay in the last 2 months & now all of the people I purchased from are receiving this email today! My account is indefinitely suspended as of today. What should I do & should I be concerned with these letters going out to everyone I purchased from??
ebay sends out such emails when they are less than happy about the way an account has been used. It's done under their duty of care. (Not that they care but they pretend they do). It's done to prevent others coming back to them and saying you/ebay allowed me to be scammed. Whilst your intentions are honest, ebay does not like the manner in which the account worked. They dont want to know your reasons, they may not even listen to your efforts to get them to remove the suspension.

I'm inclined to think you're flogging a dead horse now. You need to take a step back and think if you want to waste the energy on this. Or, turn around and create a new account following stealth guidelines. What you used to do with all your accounts will not work now. Think of starting again. Most of us here had to do that.

Another point to ask yourself: are those items worthwhile chasing? So what if the sellers don't send them. Unless they are one of a kind. others will turn up. I guess what I'm trying to say, is start rethinking your approach. Look at all this trouble, and think to yourself, I'll go stealth and beat ebay
Old 07-16-2010
Trimptop

Oh OK, thank you very much. I just got off the phone with Ebay explaining to them that my husband didn't want all of his information sent out there & even though of course he couldn't really tell me what the reason was, he said it COULD have been a reason for the indefinite suspension.
He did suggest replying to their email today that they sent me & also faxing over the information again to them without concealing any information.
Is this a waste of time for me OR is it possible they will review my account again once they receive the email from me & the faxed information again?
Does it look like a dead end in your opinion?
Do they reinstate accounts with these issues?
He also suggested I fax it over to B001 department again & also to the Ebay Suspension Appeals Department.
Old 07-16-2010
Trimptop

Thanks Greenbean, I really appreciate it, this really is a freaking headache! lol
What if seller's I purchased from REALLY believe that MY account was used fraudulently & decide to call authorities or something??!!
This is what is making me nervous!
By Ebay sending out an email to the seller's I purchased from stating my account was accessed by a third party & used to defraud members, etc. it looks very bad! Those are serious accusations for them to make! I'm pissed off about that!
Old 07-16-2010
Trimptop

I did just that, the whole playing dumb thing & I did explain to the guy I just spoke with how cautious we are with our personal information & he did agree & understand completely. He said to try to fax over the information again & email them, it's my last shot, I guess I will try it, what else do I have to lose at this point right? lol
Old 07-16-2010

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
clothes, 2 handbags, a wallet, some perfume, a movie, video game
Practically all those raise flags with ebay it seems.
Old 07-17-2010
Trimptop

Quote:
Originally Posted by xl_The_Jackal_lx View Post
Practically all those raise flags with ebay it seems.

Yeah, I guess it does, jeez, just trying to sell of my stuff! lol
Well, I faxed it over to both departments again, just my husband's driver's license & our current electric bill, I'm hoping they review it & reinstate me, what do you think?
Old 07-20-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Don't worry about the emails they send to people who have purchased from you, most wont take notice of it especially after this amount of time. And if the accounts suspended they know the likelihood of getting there money back for what ever reason they make up will be unlikely.
Old 07-22-2010

Longevity: 80%

how were u able to talk to a live ebay person???????????????? I don't even know they have a phone number to call?