MC008 SNPD NOTICE: Restricted Account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 07-18-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Exclamation MC008 SNPD NOTICE: Restricted Account

Hi,

I have received the letter from eBay below yesterday can you please tell me what is best to do at this time? I am a bit confused by this stressful situation. Thanks

"Hello *********,

We regret to inform you that your eBay account has been restricted from selling on eBay for violation of our Seller Non-Performance policy.

Our records show that you generate an unacceptably high level of buyer dissatisfaction in transactions in this account. Based upon input from the buyers who have transacted with you, this account falls into the bottom 1 percent of all eBay sellers with regard to buyer satisfaction.

Due to the policy violation, we are removing selling privileges on this account for a period of at least 30 days, and are ending any open listings. You will still be able to conclude outstanding transactions, resolve issues with your buyers and access emails in My Messages. However, you won't be able to list any items with this account.

Here's what you can do now:

Complete all open transactions, and settle any open issues with your buyers. You can access disputes open against you in the Dispute Console from My eBay. If you require assistance or information about the Item Not Received or Significantly Not a Described Process you can learn more by copy the following link into a new browser window:

eBay: Redirect

What happens next?

We will review your account again after a minimum of 30 days. If the level of buyer satisfaction with regard to this account has not improved significantly, further action will be taken, including the suspension of all of your eBay accounts.

Please be advised that this account restriction does not relieve you of your obligation to pay any fees that you may owe to eBay.

For more information about our Seller Non-Performance policy, copy the following link into a new browser window:

Seller performance standards

Thank you for your cooperation in this important matter.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

The letter Basically says that Your Buyers were NOT happy with Either your Service or your Products, the "Bottom 1 Percent" That is the WORST I have ever Seen, So I suggest Getting another Stealth Account Because I see No Way that Ebay will Reinstate This one, and Fix whatever problem You Have with Either your Products/Service or both. and start Again.
Old 07-19-2010

Longevity: 88%
Default Correct

Slapped is 100% right
The Following User Says Thank You to smithgroup For This Useful Post:
dannyacid1 (10-31-2012)
Old 07-19-2010
Threadstarter  

Hi,

I am surprised to hear that you said that "Bottom 1 Percent" was the WORST you have ever seen. I made a search in this forum and there is plenty of cases at 1 percent.

On eBay you just have to conduct 50 positive and get 1 unjustified negative that encourage another negative feedback via the monkey see monkey do behavior and you fall right into the bottom 1 percent so it is extremely easy to fall and quick and thats why I don't understand when you said that it was the worst you have ever seen.

The first negative feedback said he was not happy because he had rat bites on leather case I have asked him for pictures 4 times without an answer so chances are that it is not even true. I told this guy that I was selling new items but it doesn't matter eBay will listen to scammers like that and kill you based on what the morrons are saying.
Old 07-19-2010
Threadstarter  

I am extremely anxious to try the stealth account thing because I am in Canada and from the research I made in this forum it just don't work here.
Old 07-19-2010
Executive [VIP]

It's only 30 days. Clean the account up. Keep it clean for 3 months and then come back to it.
The Following User Says Thank You to forummember For This Useful Post:
GetBack (07-19-2010)
Old 07-19-2010

Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetBack View Post
I am extremely anxious to try the stealth account thing because I am in Canada and from the research I made in this forum it just don't work here.
Whats the worst that could happen, theres nothing to lose by giving it a go.
Old 07-19-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by forummember View Post
It's only 30 days. Clean the account up. Keep it clean for 3 months and then come back to it.
When you mention "keep it clean" for 30 days do you mean that I would ask people to consider revising their feedback? I still don't know what eBay wants me to do at this point. Do they want me to call people and ask them to consider revising feedback to lower the ratio negative/neutral vs. positive or they just expect me to finish transaction and deliver the item that needs to be delivered?

Of course keeping an account "clean" is difficult in my opinion because people judge my work based on the postal service work and in the summer I have noticed that the postal service are a lot slower which leads to buyer frustration. Basically eBay almost ask me to sell in my hometown only because I am accountable of an another person's work.

It means that I can receive an order at noon and pack it and send it at 12:05 but if the carrier takes too long then apparently I deserve a bad review...
Old 07-19-2010
Threadstarter  

This is funny to realize that eBay's assume that everybody and people are good by nature but when something wrong happens in a transaction only the seller is to be blamed so they should probably revise their motto and say "At eBay we think that buyers are honest and sellers are crooks"

When it comes to the definition of the word neutral, eBay violate the definition of the dictionary to give it a new meaning. Neutral is a bad experience for eBay so they engage the concept of neutral but by definition neutral means: "Not aligned with, supporting, or favoring either side in a war, dispute, or contest."

A car transmission on neutral doesn't engage the car but I assume that if eBay would build a car neutral would probably engage the car's transmission backward and the car would move back... Really misleading huh??

To me it also seems that eBay is violating people's voice when they send a neutral because we went in school and we have learnt what neutral means but eBay takes their voice and give it a new meaning and say: "Hey seller you have just generated a bad buying experience!" In fact the opposite could also be true but they see more satisfaction in seeing the glass half empty..

Just my opinions thanks for listening!
Old 07-19-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Easy to build back performance but takes more time than setting new one. So chalk it up for lesson learned.
Old 07-19-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by forummember View Post
You Cannot Keep the Account "Clean", The Account is Suspended, What Ebay is Waiting for is to see if Other Buyers will Leave enough Positive Feedback to get him back to 98% Positive, Now if there are A lot of buyers out there who Did NOT Leave positive Feedback, You should try to Contact them and Try to get some Positive feedback, to Give you a Chance at Reinstatement when Ebay reviews the Account next Month.
Old 07-19-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
You Cannot Keep the Account "Clean", The Account is Suspended, What Ebay is Waiting for is to see if Other Buyers will Leave enough Positive Feedback to get him back to 98% Positive, Now if there are A lot of buyers out there who Did NOT Leave positive Feedback, You should try to Contact them and Try to get some Positive feedback, to Give you a Chance at Reinstatement when Ebay reviews the Account next Month.
Hi,

When I read the letter that I have received I understand that my account is restricted so it is not suspended. From what I can understand the word restricted and suspended seems to be two different concept and the later is one possible consequence of the current restriction.

Unless I missunderstand something eBay said that this account is restricted for 30 days and subject for review in 30 days. If there is no significant improvement in the ratio eBay will consider suspending the account which means that the buying ability and selling ability will all be revoked and this probably means that there is no way to open a new account afterwards.

Right now I have a feedback of 99% with an average DSR of 4.75 and this account is restricted so I am above the 98% mark and I can still send messages and buy using this account.

All the Best,
Old 07-19-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Hi,

When I read the letter that I have received I understand that my account is restricted so it is not suspended. From what I can understand the word restricted and suspended seems to be two different concept and the later is one possible consequence of the current restriction.

Unless I missunderstand something eBay said that this account is restricted for 30 days and subject for review in 30 days. If there is no significant improvement in the ratio eBay will consider suspending the account which means that the buying ability and selling ability will all be revoked and this probably means that there is no way to open a new account afterwards.

Right now I have a feedback of 99% with an average DSR of 4.75 and this account is restricted so I am above the 98% mark and I can still send messages and buy using this account.

All the Best,

After Re-Reading the letter, you are correct, Restricted NOT Suspended, In a month they will "Review" your Account again, and now that you Provided your Overall DSR's and Feedback Scores, I think you Might have a Chance with this Account. I was under the Impression that this was a fairly New Account with little or No Feedback.

A while back Ebay Changed the way they look at accounts, In your case you were Suspended Because your Feedback Percentage Fell Dramatically in the Last 30 days, Which is Basically all they Look at Now.

Upon review they will look at your Enire Selling History, They will NOT consider positive Feedback for Buying Activity, and they will decide whether or not to Reinstate your Account

Last edited by slapped; 07-19-2010 at 01:23 PM.
Old 07-20-2010

Longevity: 79%

i got this message too.. after 2-3days i have been suspended.
Old 07-20-2010

Longevity: 93%

I have had this before,
what happens is your satisfaction rating is actually for a rolling 30day block. If in that time your positive feedback is actually lower than 95% for the thirty days you get the seller non performance, does not matter about your total feedback percentage.
Only thing you can do is ask, very nicely, to anyone that left you a negative, offer refunds letting them keep the product, free gift, whatever, with a bit of a sob story about your account blah blah.
Then leave feedback for all the people that havent left you feedback yet, and then ask them nicely to that if they were happy with the product to leave you positive feedback.
If you havent sold much in the last 30 period, it only takes as little as 2 negatives to get restricted, so if you can remove 1 or 2 that might be all it takes.
If you can get some more positves and remove a couple of negatives, most likely you will get your account back
And the "bottom 1 percent" thing, its a generic message, and everyone that gets a seller non performance gets that...
Best you make a couple of backup stealth accounts in case they dont reinstate your account, or if it happens again...
good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to tenggo For This Useful Post:
GetBack (07-20-2010)
Old 07-20-2010
Threadstarter  

Thanks Tenggo,

I tend to aggree with your statement it make sense and I was thinking doing the same thing. I just received a neutral feedback while I try to improve this account. It is extremely frustrating when we know that eBay consider neutral as being a negative experience for the buyer and the weight of a neutral is the same as a negative. So I've called this guy asking him what could be done for him to be satisfied.

Interestingly enough I have had this customer in the past and he leaves not so far away from my location and he came here to pick up some stuff. But now I have changed the way I do business by hiring a fullfilment house in California (I'm in Canada). The purpose of this fullfilment house was to be closer to my market which is the US market and in a aim to serve them better and to give the customer better shipping rates because US people were complaining that I was charging too much and the delay was too long.

Now it creates another problem when an item ships from the US using USPS the delays are longer for canadians and overseas customers. I came up to the conclusion that our postal service is better to serve the european market than USPS and of course our postal service is better to serve canadian. It almost means that I would need to have items in US Canada and Europe to keep everyone happy.

The morale of this story is that the changes I made to increase the buying experience by having on location items in the US increased the US customers experience but decreased the international customers. Because I wanted to improve the performance and it didn't do what I was expecting eBay tells me that I generate too much dissatisfaction!

In fact all of my complaints comes from "international" customer because my items are shipped from the US. I almost regret that move and all that reorganization that I made to my business model and it is frustrating considering the fact that my intentions was to serve better and quicker. But eBay has no regards and respect for any effort a seller is making and we have no rights to make wrong decisions!

Can we say that this equation could be true? eBay = monopoly = dictatorship?

All the Best,
Old 07-20-2010
Threadstarter  

Hi everyone,

Anyone came across this phone verification already? Now I can't sed any emails using eBay because of this:

-------------------

Verify Your Phone Number

To help provide a safe trading environment, eBay members need to have a valid phone number on file. Please work with us to verify or update and verify your phone number by following a few, easy steps. We care about your privacy and encourage you to learn more.

1. Receive an automated call at the the phone number we have on file for you.

2. Remember the PIN (Personal Identification Number) you receive during the call.

3. Return to eBay and enter the PIN.

Click here to Place call
--------------------------------

I know that I would have to edit this phone number but I hesitate to click to place a call now because I won't be able to answer obviously...
Any tips or ideas with this?

All the Best,
Old 07-20-2010
Executive [VIP]

Yes I have gotten PLENTY of those, it is Very easy as long as you awnser the Phone and enter the PIN Number.

Nothing to worry about, they want to make sure that THEY Can Call you
The Following User Says Thank You to slapped For This Useful Post:
GetBack (07-20-2010)
Old 07-20-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Yes I have gotten PLENTY of those, it is Very easy as long as you awnser the Phone and enter the PIN Number.

Nothing to worry about, they want to make sure that THEY Can Call you
The problem is that I know eBay will call the number on file and they won't get any answers so I was kind of wondering what would happen next?? To avoid this I have tried to go in my account and edit the phone number before the phone verification process but I couldn't find it!

SHould I just click on verify phone now even if I know the phone needs to be updated?

Thanks,
Old 07-20-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
The problem is that I know eBay will call the number on file and they won't get any answers so I was kind of wondering what would happen next?? To avoid this I have tried to go in my account and edit the phone number before the phone verification process but I couldn't find it!

SHould I just click on verify phone now even if I know the phone needs to be updated?

Thanks,
It Is There under the Account Settings- Personal Info

take your time a Look Closely, IT IS THERE I GUARANTEE IT
The Following User Says Thank You to slapped For This Useful Post:
GetBack (07-20-2010)
Old 07-20-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
It Is There under the Account Settings- Personal Info

take your time a Look Closely, IT IS THERE I GUARANTEE IT
You make doubt of myself because I have checked under Account and I could not find anything that talks about the phone number. But just to make sure I have copied and pasted my account here.

------------------
Personal Information

Account Information

Account type
User ID
Password
Secret question
About Me page

Email and Contact Information

Registered email address
Registered name and address

Instant Messenger IM alert provider
Add instant messenger IM alert provider

Financial Information

Automatic payment method
PayPal Edit your PayPal payment menthod
---------------------------------

All The Best,
Old 07-20-2010
Executive [VIP]

You GOT It.

Where it says "Registered Name"---THAT IS WHERE IT IS.---The LAST Line in that box should be your Phone Number.

Go to your "My Ebay" Summary Page

Upper left Hand side of the page About 1/4 of the way Down from the Top of the Page you will see 3 Tab's--- "Activity"--"Messages"--"Account"

Hold your Mouse Over the "Account" tab DO NOT CLICK ON IT
After a Second you will see a "drop down Menu" scroll Down to "Personal InFormation" and Click on it

About Half way Down the page you will See You Accounts Name--Address--PHONE NUMBER
And JUST TO THE RIGHT an "EDIT" Button--CLICK ON THAT---and your Golden

I cannot do better that that, if you cannot find it, Suicide, I think is the ONLY alternative

Last edited by slapped; 07-20-2010 at 10:47 PM.