USA Customs - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 11-06-2007
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
Default USA Customs

Anyone have any knowledge of USA customs that i could pick ur brain about
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-06-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Lol, what are you up to 'Killed by eBay'?
Old 11-06-2007
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

so how it works, do they open each and every package that comes through customs?
Old 11-06-2007

Longevity: 96%

If they opened up each one of my packages, I would never get anything. I have had things delayed for up to 30 days. There are certain items that they will seize if discovered. I have had a certain brand razor blade seized at customs. They will allow you the opportunity to pickup your stuff with a formal hearing. If you can prove your stuff is legit, I'm sure they will give you your stuff. OR, they will keep you stuff and destroy it. (This was the other option they gave me) It has been several months and I have not heard from them. It did scare me when I received the envelope with the custom document.
Old 11-06-2007
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

how often have your packages been seized? and do they just randomly open packages or is there things that set it off? like weight or something
Old 11-07-2007

I think it is random because if they opened up everyone package, there would be a backlog at customs. I also think it has to do with the size and weight of the packages. Smaller packages will most likely just pass. I do purchase Vero items which do get opened up and pass through. I just think its the luck of the draw. I have heard that they do have a list of popular counterfeit items that they need to look out for. I have also been told by a supplier that some carriers do get checked more then others. My Chinese supplier gets wind of this information and will tell me this and will recommend another carrier temporarily.
Old 11-07-2007

Longevity: 98%

If you stick the customer's form sticky label on where the bubble envelope closes up, will this keep them from opening your stuff as "not worth it if I try to open it up, it'll be too hard to close it again without making the custom's form and address unreadable?"

Last edited by Jonas; 05-27-2008 at 09:44 PM.
Old 11-08-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

I have had hundreds of packages come thru with no problem....knock on wood
Old 11-10-2007

I just ordered 69 Kg of clothing that was broken up into 6 boxes and all came through within 5-6 days. I always request that multiple packages be sent out one per day to not have them all arrive in customs at the same time. I think they scan in all packages anyways which could tell them how many packages a person is getting through customs. I wish I could speak to someone more knowledgeable about how it all works..
Old 11-20-2007

i heard that the more "express" a package needs to get to destination, the less chance of it being opened up. but dont quote me on that, id love more info from someone more knowledgable too
Old 11-24-2007

Hi- Been Buying from all over for last 3 yrs. I AGREE 100% with the EXPRESS statement.
I,e,- bought over $3400 of brief cases (nothing major- samsonite.amer tourister) etc. from ARgentina about 18 mos ago- the guy + i had traded before, felt comfortable. He sends the goods ground, the goods were deemed abandoned by shipper/receiver.
back + forth- and end result- I lost my money. Seller tried to get the goods, customs claimed value wasnt high enough. then claimed goods were destroyed. Guy said customs in his country was corrupt.
>> Next case- 3-4 months later, bought over $7,000 of golf balls from italy, used ups air intl, got all of them no probs.
> then a month later, bought cross pen closeouts from spain, they were discontinued rollerballs selling for only $4.99 usa, they were sent slowest way-ended up being returned to sender, and i finally got my money back 2-3 months later,
>last month bought plain black velvet jewelry box cases, for earrings and bracelets, from china, went slow- got 1/2 taken in transit- rebought another case load, requested air intl express, (the weight killed me)-but got all goods in 3 days.another time, got in white tube socks from portugal, air express, recd 45 cases in 3 dys.
Old 11-24-2007

Express is the way to go however the shipping costs are astronomical. There are so many items I know I could sell however the profit margins are not good only because of the shipping costs.
Old 11-24-2007

The ONLY trick or maybe not a trick but common sense is WHEN you do make a buy-- get EVERYTHING.. I just got in yesterday some mdse, i ALSO ordered wooden boxes for goods, the boxes are heavy-- min order was 1,000 pcs- so it was heavy--although i DO NOT neeed the wood boxes today-- i got them, to save on a NEW charge, minorder down the road. I recd 19 cartons from China, Fedex INtl, cost me $2400 shipping, BUT, 4 or 5 of my staples, makes up that freight.
Old 06-11-2010

Longevity: 80%
Default customs letter followed by NHL letter

I had a few jerseys seized by customs when I ordered these from china. A month later, I recieved a letter from the customs, which I ignored. A week later, which is today, I recieved a letter from NHL requesting information such as source from where it is coming from, surrender any merchandize I may have, provide information on sold jerseys and revenues earned and provide written assurance that I will refrain from such activities.

At the end, they mention 'We require your full cooperation with the above mentioned items in 2 weeks. We look forward to your timely response'.

Has anyone ever recieved this letter? Any suggestions you can offer me would be helpful.
Thank you!
Old 06-21-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbzia786 View Post
I recieved a letter from NHL requesting information such as source from where it is coming from, surrender any merchandize I may have, provide information on sold jerseys and revenues earned and provide written assurance that I will refrain from such activities.!
Its been 10 days, any updates?
Old 06-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%
Send a message via MSN to teedon Send a message via Skype™ to teedon

If you got this letter,you can not get the packages any more,and your address will get backlist on the custom.So next 12 months,do not use this address to import goods again.
The Following User Says Thank You to teedon For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (02-26-2020)
Old 02-24-2020

Longevity: 23%
Default Re: customs letter followed by NHL letter

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbzia786 View Post
I had a few jerseys seized by customs when I ordered these from china. A month later, I recieved a letter from the customs, which I ignored. A week later, which is today, I recieved a letter from NHL requesting information such as source from where it is coming from, surrender any merchandize I may have, provide information on sold jerseys and revenues earned and provide written assurance that I will refrain from such activities.

At the end, they mention 'We require your full cooperation with the above mentioned items in 2 weeks. We look forward to your timely response'.

Has anyone ever recieved this letter? Any suggestions you can offer me would be helpful.
Thank you!
I recieved the same yesterday what fid you do ?
Old 02-25-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazdoud View Post
I recieved the same yesterday what fid you do ?
Your other thread is very active - don't need to revive this old thread
Old 02-26-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
Are you really expecting them to reply after a decade has passed.
Lol i know that’s 😜
Old 02-26-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Your other thread is very active - don't need to revive this old thread
Yeah i know ☹️This driving me crazy 😞