Can paypal see your billing/gift addresses which you use to receive goods from dhgate - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 07-25-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default Can paypal see your billing/gift addresses which you use to receive goods from dhgate

Sorry i could not find a straight answer for my questions after reading through a few threads so i have to make this thread.

When using my stealth paypal to purchase from dhgate, will paypal be able to see the billing/gift address that i specify on the dhgate side to receive my goods.

I am worried because the address that i will be using is linked to a limited paypal, so obviously if they can see my address then they probably limit my stealth paypal.. just want to get an answer from someone who knows best. I have no other addresses but my own to send to.

Thank you people
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-25-2010
Threadstarter  

I don't think you know what i mean. The paypal is a stealth address which i do not have access to. what i mean is will paypal be able to see the GIFT addresses that i specify on the DHGATE side. I need to know this because the gift address ill be sending goods to is linked to a limited account.
Old 07-25-2010

Longevity: 96%

I think that you enter the address into the DHGate checkout before it routes you to Paypal and if that is the case then they probably will not see it.
What's the big deal? If they do link the stealth account to the limited one, and take that one down with it just set up another stealth and chalk it up to learning just a little more about how they work. I wouldn't leave too much money in the stealth account though, because if that one gets dragged down you might have a hard time getting st that money
Old 07-26-2010
Threadstarter  

Thank you for your comments. As the money is in paypal the only way is too spend it. So i think ill chance one of my stealth accounts. :-)
Old 07-26-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

Should the account get limited, and then reviewed manually it might get lost. If you want to use paypal that way, Steve, it's at your own risk.

Grey area but just be careful. Part of the problem is going to be if you get caught with a 2nd account by way of linking, paypal will take the money if that 1st account has a negative balance. Couple of users here got caught and paypal kept the money
Old 07-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by direct-4u View Post
I would strongly suggest you use a credit card payment and not use PayPal to purchase from DHGate.com They can review the invoice and it will throw up red flags as it did with me. My suggestion is to use the direct payment option right on checkout without PayPal. You will just remain on the site and adding you method of payment minus the PayPal. You do not want to let PayPal know your buying anything from DHGate it will flag the account for sure as it did with me in the past.
OKay sp what if you don't have a credit card. like me?
I have heard that debit cards are notorious for not having any recourse like chargebacks and I'm assuming that giftcards are even worse. By paying through Paypal wouldn't you at least be able to file an "item not received" claim in the event of a customs seizure?

Without having the credit card option, what is the next safest alternative if not Paypal to protect yourself on the buyer's end.

BTW, I have never accepted payment for anything purchased from DHGate on the account used to purchase it, but my experience is limited.