7 day suspension - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 04-01-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 98%
Default 7 day suspension

What do you guys think about me waiting for eBay to reinstate me after 7 days? It seems hard work to get anothe ID if they reinstate me?

Anyone had any experience of these 7 days wonder?

And yes I am innocent
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-01-2007

Longevity: 99%

wait for 7 days,then reinstate. your issue is not so serious.
Old 04-02-2007

I've had accounts suspended before. I contacted eBay about it. I got a generic autoresponder email saying that it wouldn't be lifted for 7 days. I waited 7 days. Nothing happened. I contacted eBay again, got the same email. I called eBay. The customer service rep, couldn't help me. He just said to wait, no mention of providing a utility bill or anything of the sort, just wait. I waited 7 days. Nothing. I opened another account.
Old 04-02-2007

Default Worked for me!!

In your suspension notice there should be a thing about replying to the suspension to appeal it. I did that. Then Ebay sent their generic autoreply that I would have to wait the 7 days for a reinstatement. At the end of the seven days, I resent an appeal. I also sent a fax copy of my drivers license. It took me a while to find the reguired forms and guidelines to get reinstated. Ebay doesn't just show them to you. I searched their website and printed them out. 2-3 days later they responded and said I had to sign my name to an acknowledgment that I read their rules, regulations and all necessary requirements. Once I signed my name to it I was reinstated 2 days later. I did not call them or bug them. I tried to be very patient, I know it's hard. I have been back on for almost 2 months with no problem. I did not try to open a new account during this time. I didn't want to fuel the fire. If this would not have worked, I would have followed Aspkins guidelines. I got suspended for a linked. I also had that person do the same process to get reinstated. Neither one of us did anything with Ebay until both accounts were up and running. Hope this helps you out.
Old 04-03-2007
Threadstarter  

Hi all

yes it does - I have faxed the requried docs to them today and hopefully I will be back up and running - I am amazed at the complete lack of understanding from eBay about this whole issue. I am surprised and very dissapointed - now I jump through the hoops

Do you think if and when i am reinstated it would be worth creating another account and selling through that, I am really concernd that if I have any competitor VERO me again they will suspend me for good!

I do nto sell anything dodgy just seem eBay aer goign to extreme and I want to protect my revenue

Cheers all for the help
Old 04-03-2007

If you get a 7 days suspension, fax the papers and you'll get reinstated in max. 10 days.
However your account is watched so be very careful on what you're listing.
I've never been able to keep a reinstated account more then a week and I'm not selling "hot stuff" nor I cheat the customers.
Old 04-04-2007

I've never been able to keep a reinstated account more then a week

I completely agree. I was the same. I am of the belief that when you get to the warning tutorial stage you're far better dumping the account there and then and move onto a new account before you get completely canned.

happened to me recently. I got told I couldn't relist anything until I had completed a tutorial on a certain rule breach. I did it, let the listings I had up finish while migrating my new listings to a new account that was clean.

this way my competitors, if they go looking for me, will only see my 'old' account with no active listings, rather than a 'user no longer registered with ebay'.

we all know what they can do to you after they see that, see similar listings elsewhere and then join the dots and turn you in.
Old 04-04-2007
Threadstarter  

My son has a dormant account 15 feedback 100% - would it be OK to relist some of my items on hios account while I await this suspension thing to get sorted (eBay have emailed me back saying due to a backlog it will take 10 days, if I hear nothing then I have to refax the docs!). My sons account would only be linked by Address, IP (although I have changed it) and PayPal although I have also added another email address - I just need to make some bonce

Cheers

disgruntled as ever
Old 04-04-2007
Threadstarter  

So basically I should wait until my 7 day Ban is over before I list ANYTHING on any account?
Old 04-05-2007

yeah you gotta sit it out. I got into big problems because I couldn't wait until a straightforward suspension was lifted.

you stand to cause yourself so many more problems if you jump back in early, for something that sounds relatively easily sorted.

look at it like this, would you rather be off for 10 days, or off for 1 year?
Old 04-05-2007
Threadstarter  

OK Ok patience is a virtue - I will re-fax and POST the docs to them...

If and when I get started would it be advisable to open a new Account as my old one would have been pretty much compromised?
Old 04-05-2007

OK like someone above I found a dormant account that is 7 years old and has no address or ip link to me.. It is 2 addresses ago, so what do I need to do other than changing the aol email address and name info. IP has been changed from suspended accounts..

Regarding the docs.. It will take them 7 to 10 days to get back to you if they re-instate.. I would fax docs and then send via mail as a backup option.
Old 04-05-2007

captain - you'll be ok with the current account once the suspension gets lifted. however, you'd be advised to look at the reasons why it got suspended and tighten up from doing that activity again. for example, if you got vero'ed off, stop selling vero goods - there's no way around it and you'll just get kicked off again sooner or later.

runner - you'd probably be ok but better to clear the suspension. if I was a buyer I'm not sure I'd buy from someone who hadn't sold anything in several years. in the time it took you to build up some new feedback you'll probably be back on with the suspended account. depends what you're selling I guess
Old 04-05-2007

Jamesy

It has been close to 3 1/2 weeks since by account was linked to a suspended account.. The problem is that it is an account that I have no link too.. Trust me when I say I have a golden track record.. 8+ years selling, 14,000+ feedbacks and 100% rating. 99% of those feedbacks as a seller. I thought when I read some of the horror stories that I would be treated differently, I wasn't.

They treat you as tainted goods and will not help in any way shape or form. They give you bs answers, some correct, most of them not.. I spoke to my gold level powerseller rep and he was apprehensive giving me any info about ebay trust & safety other than send the forms in and you should be fine.. I sent the forms in and they keep telling me to wait.. I receive one email that says my suspended account will not be re-instated and then 2 days later I get another email saying they are looking at the docs I sent in.

OK what is the truth.. I received another email that they would need an additional 7-10 days to review my info..

When they link you to a suspended user you are just plain screwed and Ebay doesn't care..
Old 04-09-2007
Executive [VIP]

ebay is a buncha bs, when it comes to reinstating. 7 days my ##@@! You gota provide doc's etc. What I learned why I have 5 ebay account's just in case ^^' so I only lost a day in sales..All different tho =P Oh well that account was good now bam n now im here lol=] and hi!
Old 04-09-2007
Threadstarter  

Yes I gettign very tird of their BS - latest contact I had was 5 - 10 days after the end of the 7 day suspension for them to re-instate, if not then I need to re-fax the docs! Thats why I am considering opening a new account, so far I am effectively out of money for nearly 3 weeks!