PayPal Transfer then Close acccount... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 08-02-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 84%
Default PayPal Transfer then Close acccount...

So I received payment for an item I wanted to sell, and I knew it was too high of a cost, and that my paypal would be limited shortly after receiving the payment (it's verified with a vanilla visa and bank account), so I sent it to a friend's paypal, and right after closed the paypal account that I used. That was yesterday, and later today there's a case open on my friend's paypal that says he has to respond by sending tracking, and there are a few other options. It's not possible for the payment to get reversed, is it? There's no account to reverse it to, and where would the money go?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-02-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

It can be reversed - all the way back to the initial buyer - that`s why we say here not to go for quick withdrawal. You had better work with your friend on sending ALL the required info and hope for the best.

Are you trying to cheat a buyer? This kind of quick dash is kind of `stinky`
Old 08-02-2010
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

YOu received money, provide PP with tracking and signature confirmation, nothing less.
And truly ship what you advertise.
Old 08-02-2010
Threadstarter  

Nah, I already sent the item out... It was just a new iPhone. Have you heard of cases where it got reversed through a closed account? Is that even possible? Would it have been better to just close the account and take advantage of the automatic bank transfer?
Old 08-02-2010
Executive [VIP]

Don't act hastily - provide the documents and get the account unlimited for future projects =)

It's never better to just close the account - looks heavily suspicious and will force your limitation even worse.
Old 08-02-2010
Threadstarter  

I don't understand what you're saying, though... the account can't get limited... it's no longer open, and can't be re-opened according to them. It's not limited or unlimited right now, it's CLOSED lol. So, I'm asking... can the transaction get reversed into a closed account? In my many years of experience, it would seem like that's impossible. The documents I'd need to provide are for my friends PayPal that's had hundreds of thousands of dollars pass through it, and that account isn't limited, it's just a case that's open for that payment on his account. Thanks for any help.
Old 08-02-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by alibear View Post
I don't understand what you're saying, though... the account can't get limited... it's no longer open, and can't be re-opened according to them. It's not limited or unlimited right now, it's CLOSED lol. So, I'm asking... can the transaction get reversed into a closed account? In my many years of experience, it would seem like that's impossible. The documents I'd need to provide are for my friends PayPal that's had hundreds of thousands of dollars pass through it, and that account isn't limited, it's just a case that's open for that payment on his account. Thanks for any help.

Dude, the first thing is that if you are looking for Help with your problems, I Suggest that you understand that there are NO CAN'TS With Paypal, Especially since it seems that you are trying to make a Quick Get-a-way

Now on to your Issues:

The FIRST thing is that you Must understand that it is NOT your Paypal account, it's Paypals, and they can do WHATEVER They want, Open, Close, Reopen, Limit, Unlimit ANY Account, Anytime at WILL no Matter how many hundreds of Billions of dollars go through it---So YES They CAN ReOpen the account and REVERSE the Payment if they want----GUARANTEED

The Second issue is that you may Very well have Killed your friends account along with yours so try to give Paypal EVERYTHING that they are asking for to try to save the second account.

Last edited by slapped; 08-03-2010 at 12:00 AM.
Old 08-03-2010
Threadstarter  

I understand all of that, what I'm asking is if in anyone's experience, has ANYTHING like that ever even happened to you? I know anything is possible, but have you witnessed/experience it happening. Having a closed account re-opened and had money transfered back through it, or have had a closed account stay closed and have somehow had money pass back through it?

And I think everyone so far has misunderstood what I'm saying... there's no need to "save" the second account, it's not limited, it's very active, and they're not asking for any info from him other than tracking... he's not in any danger. There's even an option for him to just refund if he wants.
Old 08-04-2010
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

Yes, it's happened. Closed account reinstated (but won't happen most of the time)
I believe if they reversed the payment back to the PP acc, once reinstated, you'd have to manually request withdrawal to your Bank acc again. I don't think PP will do it for you.
Old 08-04-2010
Executive [VIP]

Ah ok - you just wanted to know if such and such happened. I have no experience with this so I respectfully withdraw from the thread.

Nods to Slapped - anything and everything is possible with Paypal.
Old 08-04-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:

so I sent it to a friend's paypal, and right after closed the paypal account that I used.
That was just plain silly. Was this your way of stopping a chargeback? Just wont work and was a pretty crazy idea.

Buyer PayPal > Your PayPal > Friends PayPal - Correct? And then immediately closed your account?

So now it sounds like you need proof of delivery from you to your friends account as well. You need to do everything they ask to fix your friends account or both will go down for 6 months. You may have been ok had you not immediately shut down your account. This looks so risky I cant imagine it will go well. Sorry, it was just a dumb idea to avoid a chargeback. And why were you so worried about the chargeback?

If something is wrong and buyer does do a chargeback you cant stop it. And now your freinds account is at risk.
Old 08-04-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Nah, I already sent the item out... It was just a new iPhone. Have you heard of cases where it got reversed through a closed account? Is that even possible? Would it have been better to just close the account and take advantage of the automatic bank transfer?

JUST an New Iphone,,,Will the buyer get First or Second Degree BURNS when he touches it?

See what im getting at,,, By closing your Account RIGHT After you recieved the Money and Transferring it Out to your friends account Looks like you Ripped the Buyer Off and your friend is Helping you,,,

If I see It that way,, You can BET Paypal Does too,,, You better Pray that that buyer can Register and Use that Phone without ANY Problems, or I can Assure you BOTH Accounts are DONE, Irreguardless of How Much money the other Account Brings In.
Old 08-04-2010

Longevity: 87%
Send a message via Yahoo to IDK

This whole story sounds shady...
Old 08-04-2010

Longevity: 89%

My thoughts too IDK.
Old 08-05-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

Slapped is right...

You sold a high-risk item.

You then IMMEDIATELY transferred the money to another account.

And then you CLOSED the PayPal account.

Apparently, by your posts, the thought process was that this was going to work just fine since the account was closed and they couldn't do anything else with the money other than leave it in the account you sent it to.

Do you think that PayPal has not seen this THOUSANDS of times before?

I don't want to be insulting, but it looks to me like you sold a counterfeit or stolen Iphone. You knew that there was a good chance the customer would complain, so you thought that by doing this, PayPal would be left holding the bag, so to speak, when all was said and done and that there would be nothing that PayPal could do about it.

Maybe I am wrong. I *HOPE* that I am wrong! But this is the most likely way that PayPal sees it. To answer your questions, YES, they CAN reverse it. And, YES, they CAN cancel your friend's account if they think he or she is up to no good.

It makes NO DIFFERENCE that the account is closed. It also makes NO DIFFERENCE that your friend processes large amounts of money through PayPal. If anything, that just makes it MORE LIKELY that they will lose their account as well since PayPal will just see it as a much higher risk.

Again, I don't want to be insulting, but if this WAS your plan, it was not well thought out at all. If it is something more innocent, these actions were also not well thought out. At this point, I don't think there is much you can do except to hope for the best.