I've tried everything, keep getting linked-- HELP - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 11-13-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
Default I've tried everything, keep getting linked-- HELP

Hi there,
Someone else tried to post for me a week or so ago, but they got no real help, so I figured I'd try myself.

I have tried everything, yet somehow.. they keep linking me. Here's the latest scenario:
Rented a computer. Set it up so that different ebay accounts are different user accounts on the computer - mostly for me to stay organized. I know the cookies are all the same. Installed ccleaner and privacy mantra, and use both verrry frequently, then reboot the computer to be sure. I use dial up thru netzero.

When I register the accounts, I use a simon giftcard account, different name, different address, etc, but stay within my IP's location (central FL). Used an aim phoneline number. Signed up the account, then went and signed up an auctiva account.

After the initial account sign up - I NEVER logged back into ebay. I did everything thru auctiva. I renamed my images and used new images as well.

I am wondering.. I sell the same type of things every time - celebrity products. Is it possible that they are going after my products and linking me back to myself? This seems like such a far stretch, due to the fact that other sellers have literally taken my designs and resold them as their own, and continue to do so.

Anyway.. I have done nothing personal on this rented computer. How can they possibly be linking me? I am absolutely astonished and DESPERATE to figure it out. As I mentioned, I have a newborn and we are in financial dire straits. I thought renting the computer and going this far would work, yet today I come home and the account was gone. It had only been there 10 days.

PLEASE HELP. I REALLY NEED AN ACCOUNT TO SELL ON ASAP.
Thanks
Alicia
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-13-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Do you use Paypal?

And yes using the same auction descriptions, titles, and even images can link your account to an older one. You should really change things around here.

You need to make sure every aspect of your account is different, names, address, phone number, passwords, ip address, cookies, no paypal, etc etc
Old 11-13-2007
Threadstarter  

Default Do not use paypal

Nope, I do not use paypal at all. I don't even send out an invoice that contains an address in it using auctiva. I get the buyer's email address from auctiva and email them with an invoice from gmail and only accept cc payments thru google checkout...

I just registered a new account in CA (I'm in another state), using dial up and intend to sell something entirely different, as a test. No paypal, using auctiva, new images and everything else new. *sigh*

Wish me luck.
Still looking for all ideas though as to what I am doing wrong.
Old 11-13-2007
Threadstarter  

Default Oooh one more thing!

One more thing that concerns me..
As I mentioned, I rented a computer to use for my ebay stuff, so my personal stuff would be completely separate. Hoping it would make a difference in the linking process. Anyway.. One day I sat down at my personal computer to look up my sales on ebay - going to ebay's home page, then advanced search options and searching by seller.

They then took me to another page and had me enter a security code. Of course I didn't think anything of it at that second, I entered it and went on to check out my items. I never logged in to my account, but I did check on all three of my current accounts. Each time, it asked me to log in using a security code.

What I realized about ten min. too late was that that was generating an ebay cookie. I panicked, but figured.. surely they aren't tracking all of that..

But, now that those three accounts have been canned, and I was soo careful not to cross them, I am wondering if me checking those accounts on the contaminated personal computer could actually have been what sent up the red flag. Has anyone else seen this to know what I'm talking about? This computer is on broadband and always has the same IP, and has been linked and suspended every time I try to create an account on it, so I just wondered if when I entered that security code it pinged back to ebay as a warning that "I" was looking up a particular account, which made them take a closer look at it??

Any thoughts?
Old 11-13-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by braydansmom View Post
As I mentioned, I rented a computer to use for my ebay stuff, so my personal stuff would be completely separate. Hoping it would make a difference in the linking process. Anyway.. One day I sat down at my personal computer to look up my sales on ebay - going to ebay's home page, then advanced search options and searching by seller.

They then took me to another page and had me enter a security code. Of course I didn't think anything of it at that second, I entered it and went on to check out my items. I never logged in to my account, but I did check on all three of my current accounts. Each time, it asked me to log in using a security code.

What I realized about ten min. too late was that that was generating an ebay cookie. I panicked, but figured.. surely they aren't tracking all of that..

But, now that those three accounts have been canned, and I was soo careful not to cross them, I am wondering if me checking those accounts on the contaminated personal computer could actually have been what sent up the red flag. Has anyone else seen this to know what I'm talking about? This computer is on broadband and always has the same IP, and has been linked and suspended every time I try to create an account on it, so I just wondered if when I entered that security code it pinged back to ebay as a warning that "I" was looking up a particular account, which made them take a closer look at it??

Any thoughts?
I was at my mom's (different state, computer, etc) this weekend - showing her my fb. And the security code came up. But, since I intend to have an account there and be a "weekend" mom, I didn't enter the code because I wasn't sure what it would do.
Old 11-13-2007

The problem though is that once it loads that security code on your computer .. don't you aleady have a 'cookie' ? And since you already put in the user ID you want to look up .. before the code came on the screen ... they'll link that cookie to that ID you're looking up. So if they wanted to really check into it .. they could link you to an old ID.

Please tell me I'm wrong here??! Would they really go that far ?
Old 11-13-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by braydansmom View Post

Any thoughts?
you probably got canned because you had 3 accounts on 1 Ip address(suspicious). Simply entering the security code will not trigger anything. i do the same thing you mentioned day by day
Old 11-13-2007
Threadstarter  

Default Not true

Thanks for the reply Chris, but... No, I had three accounts on different IPS. All were registered using dial up, all on different days -- some even on different ISPs - Netzero and PeoplePC. They were all registered in my location so the IP location would match my dial up, but they were all different people, they all had different info, and all had different IPs.

So, if it isn't that... then it has to be the products I sell... I am so careful with the cookie removal and rebooting and then reconnecting before going back into a different account and yet they still always link me.
Old 11-14-2007
Banned

Your not using the same auctiva account are you?? You had to get linked somehow. were you using same pics?? Same pic url???
Old 11-14-2007
Threadstarter  

Default different everything

Hi Chris..

I am actually using a new auctiva account every time. They are the same images, but they had been renamed. Also, when you upload them to auctiva, auctiva renames them as well, before uploading them to ebay, I noticed.

So... That leaves me scratching my head and going back to using the "contaminated" computer to look up the ids created on my rented computer. You may check yours everyday, as you mentioned, but are you checking it from the same IP that was suspended in the past? That is what I did. I am writing from the "contaminated" computer, that is still on the same IP that is broadband and has been suspended many times. This is the computer where I looked up my new ids and entered the security code. I just wondered if that threw up a red flag, enough for them to go looking at my items and see that I am registering from the same area as the suspended accounts, and that the IP of the suspended accounts looked up the new accounts, then look further - same type of products, etc.

I am feeling so overwhelmed. I thought I FINALLY had it right, and would be using the account for a bit. It actually lasted 10 days total.
Old 11-14-2007
Banned

You may have competitors or a disgruntled customer turning you in. Your getting linked some how. Only thing i can say is go 1 account at a time and slowly buildup accounts
Old 11-14-2007
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

Someone knows your products and keeps turning you in.

Losers who have nothing better to do than turn people in to ebay aren't that bright since it isn't really hard to find someone on ebay and turn them in. They're looking for a few key items you sell to find you.

Break down your inventory into smaller sections and list the sections on different names. Diversifying like that should help narrow it down to the things they are searching on to locate you based on what names get suspended and what names survive.

If that still doesn't work, and I know this doesn't help, get new stuff to sell pronto.
Old 11-15-2007

Waht is the reason for them to suspend you? LINKING OR VERO???
Old 11-15-2007

She is ALWAYS linked and ALWAYS to one of the same two ID's from last year. Never VERO - she's not up long enough to get a VERO now.
Old 11-15-2007

use webroot window washer to clean your pc every time you turn your computer on. make sure you have different IP address.
also, only accept text file mail! do NOT ever accept html.
Old 11-15-2007

Longevity: 98%

Does ebay say linked or just "abusing ebay". I have found that ebay does ban people just for selling with a new account.

Since ebay doesn't explain why they ban people, they likely ban lots of people based on computer glitches.

Last edited by Jonas; 05-27-2008 at 09:08 PM.
Old 11-15-2007
Banned

Naw ebay doesn't ban for just selling on a new accounts. Its because of something you did..Listed too fast,etc....
Old 11-15-2007

Longevity: 98%

I found they do.

Last edited by Jonas; 05-27-2008 at 09:09 PM.
Old 11-15-2007
MU

Send a message via Yahoo to koalawash

Yeah I followed all the stuff that normally works for me just recently, but they banned the acct 15 minutes after I posted a listing. I'm pretty sure it was just because I listed it immediately after registering on ebay.
Old 11-15-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
I found they do.
Just you.........

and yes you cant list right away. We keep saying you have to act brand new..
Old 11-15-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

It really depends what you're listing... But yeah most of the time you can't list immediately.
Old 11-15-2007
Banned

I wait about 4-5 hours before listing. But during that time I will just browse the help section