PayPal -Additional Information Required - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 11-17-2007
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default PayPal -Additional Information Required

I just got this email from PayPal ..and it's definitely from PayPal, no phishing scam:

Quote:
Dear XXX XXXX,

We are contacting you because your PayPal account has potentially invalid or outdated information. Please log in to your account at https://www.paypal.com/row and update the information indicated below. After logging in, click on the Profile tab to update your account.

PayPal periodically checks the validity of members' email addresses, phone numbers and mailing addresses to ensure security and prevent potential issues with inactive accounts.

If PayPal does not have current or accurate information on file for your account, we may be unable to confirm your identity. This may make it difficult for you to recover a forgotten password or to receive money sent to you via money request or mailed checks.

Please make the changes indicated above today, or simply choose to close this account and open a new one. You can even use the same email address to open a new account as long as that email address is valid.

If you wish not to receive email reminders in the future, please edit your settings in the Email Preferences in your Profile.

Sincerely,
PayPal
The funny thing is, the email address is correct, the phone number is connected to my home phone line and they haven't tried to call, I know that for sure. And the mailing address for this account is correct too ..they didn't send anything over the mail either.

So why am I receiving this?

Maybe an automated reminder for people to check their account information? The only reason I could think of is because I used the account for like 2 months, then didn't use it for over 2 weeks and now started using it again...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-17-2007

Longevity: 99%

It is an automated message only.
Nothing to worried about
Old 12-25-2007
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 96%

Man, I hate this message. I got it last week on one account, then this morning on another. It always makes me think the account got limited when I open the eMail inbox!!!
Old 12-25-2007

Longevity: 99%

Periodically I 'update' my contact informations on PP.
They seem to like it and stopped to sent me their update requests!
Old 02-22-2011

Longevity: 78%

Just got one like this? What did you do to it? Does you account still up and running?

Man, my internet is down and can't login to that account with the ban IP :-(
Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustme View Post
I just got this email from PayPal ..and it's definitely from PayPal, no phishing scam:

The funny thing is, the email address is correct, the phone number is connected to my home phone line and they haven't tried to call, I know that for sure. And the mailing address for this account is correct too ..they didn't send anything over the mail either.

So why am I receiving this?

Maybe an automated reminder for people to check their account information? The only reason I could think of is because I used the account for like 2 months, then didn't use it for over 2 weeks and now started using it again...