IC System Collection - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 06-16-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default IC System Collection

Got a letter from this Debt Collection Agency. Amount is $3,416.67. First question is, Paypal didn't get my SSN, they have my real adress, phone # and cc #. If this is reported to the credit agencies, can I ask for it to be removed? I already called IC Sytems and denied owing this money. The lady hung up on me as well I did a partial refund to a buyer, since I also sent out the item, but it was missing some parts. Anyways, am I going to have to pay for this 3k? If so, whats the minimum amount? If paypal wants to screw me over, I'll make is as hard as possible. How's 10$ a month sound?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-17-2008

Longevity: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
Got a letter from this Debt Collection Agency. Amount is $3,416.67. First question is, Paypal didn't get my SSN, they have my real adress, phone # and cc #. If this is reported to the credit agencies, can I ask for it to be removed? I already called IC Sytems and denied owing this money. The lady hung up on me as well I did a partial refund to a buyer, since I also sent out the item, but it was missing some parts. Anyways, am I going to have to pay for this 3k? If so, whats the minimum amount? If paypal wants to screw me over, I'll make is as hard as possible. How's 10$ a month sound?
I would not give them anything.. don't worry they use this scare tackticks but they don't mean sh..
Pm me and i will tell you how to fool paypal making them think you give your buyer refund hehe.. always works for me..
Old 06-17-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

If they don't have your SSN number then they can't prove it. I would have IC Systems give you a written statement of that claim and then contact a lawyer and see if you can sue PayPal for millions for falsely ruining your credit :D
Old 08-07-2010

Longevity: 79%

I have te sme problem. Does anyone have the phone numbers of IC SYSTEMS so I can block them? Please letme know.
Thanks.
Old 08-07-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

@ masi868
Not sure how you would block them in IRAN. Dont pretend to be in the USA. Flag is the country of residence, not country of your dreams.
LEAVE IT as IRAN
Old 08-07-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
Immeidtaely send them a dispute letter! Demand validation of the debt. Here is a sample letter:

Sample Letter
The following is a sample letter to use if you are being contacted by a debt collector about a debt you dispute or do not recognize.

Your name
Your address

Debt collectors name
Debt collectors address
[We suggest you fax or send by certified or
overnight mail so that you have a record
of RECEIPT by the debt collector]

Re: [account number]
Ladies/ Gentlemen:

Please be advised that we dispute the claimed debt(s) described above.

Please provide any contract or agreement we signed and an account history showing how you arrived at the conclusion that we owe the amounts claimed and when this alleged debt(s) was charged off.

Furthermore, you are hereby requested, as required by the Uniform Commercial Code, to provide copies of assignments and other documents showing that you or your principal is in fact the assignee of the debt(s) described above and that you are legally authorized to attempt to collect the claimed debt(s) from us.

Unless and until such proof is furnished, we do not recognize any right on your part to attempt to collect any amount from us through any means whatever, including credit reporting. We refuse to pay any debt that has not been substantiated in the manner we request and direct you to cease further communications unless and until you can provide such substantiation.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
[sign]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
pod (10-01-2010), slapped (08-08-2010)
Old 08-07-2010
Executive [VIP]

RE: Sample Letter above.

Disputing the debt IMMEDIATELY and in a PROFESSIONAL way is the easiest way to get them to stop. Debt collection is a BUSINESS. They only get money if you pay the bill. So if they think that you will be difficult to collect from, they will choose the next target.

The trick is to keep it professional and simple. NEVER GET INTO DETAIL! They are professionals, and doing so only gives them ammunition to use against you.

The sample letter above is from Edelman-Combs, the most feared consumer protection law firm in Chicago. When I say FEARED, I mean by the collection industry. They file class action lawsuits against collection agencies more often than you change your underwear - even if you are a neat freak!

I'm speaking from a total of 18 years experience in the industry on the CREDITOR side. No collection agency wants to be on their radar. I have also been the lead plaintiff in a class action suit against a debt collector. And I have successfully sued two others, but they settled.

If you want to see more about them, go to Chicago Consumer Rights Attorney | Illinois Unfair Collection Practices Lawyer | Elgin, Aurora, Schaumburg, Naperville, Bolingbrook, Joliet, IL

Last edited by jeffweico; 08-07-2010 at 07:52 PM.
Old 08-07-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thread is from 2008! Great letter otherwise
jeffweico (08-07-2010)
Old 08-07-2010
Executive [VIP]

Maybe it can help someone else....
Old 08-08-2010

@ jeffweico: Thanks alot for the letter. I still have not heard from IC System. I might receive calls/letters when I am back to the US. I think this will help me alot. Thanks again.
Old 08-08-2010

Longevity: 80%

"Disputing the debt IMMEDIATELY and in a PROFESSIONAL way is the easiest way to get them to stop. Debt collection is a BUSINESS."

Thank you. I have not laughed so hard in awhile.
Old 10-01-2010

Hi again jeffweico: Well, today I received the letter from I.C System. Should I write "RETURN TO SENDER, ADDRESS CHANGED" on the envelpe or should I write the above letter and send it to them? Which one do you think is more effective??? Please answer me asap. Thanks alot.

I'm back in the USA. But when I registered I was in Iran.
Old 10-01-2010
MU

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

I think you need to shred it and move on!
Old 10-01-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by masi868 View Post
Hi again jeffweico: Well, today I received the letter from I.C System. Should I write "RETURN TO SENDER, ADDRESS CHANGED" on the envelpe or should I write the above letter and send it to them? Which one do you think is more effective??? Please answer me asap. Thanks alot

I'm back in the USA. But when I registered I was in Iran.
read what you've written (in bold). if you send that back ADDRESS CHANGED, it suggests you know where that person is. Either shred it or send it back
RETURN TO SENDER ADDRESS UNKNOWN

A lot depends on the amount they are seeking. If it's a high amount, you may need to dispute the debt.

Just some options
Old 10-02-2010

@ First Edition and Green Bean, thanks alot....