***WARNING*** PayPal Employee tracked and added my REAL address to my STEALTH account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 08-08-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
Default ***WARNING*** PayPal Employee tracked and added my REAL address to my STEALTH account

Yes, thats what happened.

My paypal is in the negative and someone form ebay/paypal had added by real address as a "gift address" in paypal, they have also added my stealth address but made a different spelling in it, ("Rd" instead of "Road").

I owe about £800 in fees and now they can pursue me for them.

* I have had a real ebay account before with my real details (now suspended).
* My stealth account was opened with a very similar name to my own
* The IP address I normally use is not related to the real account although I did login from that IP once.
* All information other than my name is totally false
* I have NEVER used my real address anywhere on that account.
* My real address has been wrote in CAPITAL letters, something I would never do, a paypal guy had done this.

I cant remove my real address from paypal due to having a negative balance, paypal have phoned me on my real phone number (they could have found that out with my address).

Watch out. Be careful.

Last edited by ar_123; 08-08-2010 at 12:29 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-08-2010

Longevity: 79%

this is hard for me to understand how the hell this could happen.Are you saying you're a virtual fugitive?
Old 08-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

* The IP address I normally use is not related to the real account although I did login from that IP once.

Here is your problem. Very similar name with different address, but logging in from the same IP. Yes, even ONCE is enough!

You REALLY NEED the Stealth Book...
Old 08-08-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post

Here is your problem. Very similar name with different address, but logging in from the same IP. Yes, even ONCE is enough!

You REALLY NEED the Stealth Book...
I do understand the logic of how they did it, its just I had no idea an employee would do this.

I made this account before I bought the book, now I know the name thing was an error.
Old 08-08-2010

Longevity: 80%

Don't know about the UK, but in the US all they could do is send it to collections agency. All those bottom feeders do is call and harass you. If you get a letter, you ask for proof you owe the debt and then dispute that it was you. Someone must have used your info to open an account.
If you don't want to be bother you will have to change your phone if you can not block certain calls. If it is a cell , save them as a contact and set their ringtone to no ring.
Old 08-08-2010

I doubt his IP had anything to do with it... OR everyone at the public library or McDonald's would be owned by eBay. It could be because of his name or other actions.
Old 08-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don View Post
I doubt his IP had anything to do with it... OR everyone at the public library or McDonald's would be owned by eBay. It could be because of his name or other actions.
The IP address ALONE won't do it. But the IP with a very similar NAME can easily do it. Especially if either the first or last name (or both) are not terribly common.
Old 08-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

jeffweico is right about the IP. That's what did it for sure.
Old 08-08-2010

Longevity: 95%

it was ip for sure i had 2 paypals get limited at the same time! i sold services on both. and they seen my ips matched closely and sold same services so they put 2 and 2 togather. both selth Pp's where in totaly diff names and states
Old 08-08-2010

Wow I feel sorry for all the people that will be banned for nothing. That are using their real info because of someone using stealth accounts -.-
Old 08-08-2010

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by topseller View Post
If you get a letter, you ask for proof you owe the debt and then dispute that it was you. Someone must have used your info to open an account.
NEVER NEVER NEVER try and deny it was you with that actual wording....that opens you up to fraud charges and jail time....just send them a letter requesting proof that this debt is yours (once it has reached the collection agency and you received the letter in the mail)....be oh so very careful with wording....especially if paypal now has your real name/address/phone number.....best thing to do is wait until you get the collection notice and send a ''prove this is my debt'' letter but again NEVER come right out and say it was not you......assuming things there work the same as here in the US.
Old 08-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don View Post
Wow I feel sorry for all the people that will be banned for nothing. That are using their real info because of someone using stealth accounts -.-
Not really...

Think of it this way. Let's say you live in a large house with your parents, your girlfriend and two family friends. Each of you has your own PC (or even shares a PC) but that all use the same internet connection, and thus the same IP address. Each of you has their own eBay and PayPal accounts.

Nothing will happen. Unless one of you is banned by eBay.

Let's say that your mom decides she no longer wants her LV purse, and lists it for sale on her account. LV thinks it is a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and uses the VERO program to have the listing removed. So your mom thinks it is a mistake and lists it again. eBay then bans her account.

So, she asks your girlfriend to list the purse on her account. She is not a relative and has a completely different name, and never changed her address when she moved in with you. Wanting to be nice, and not knowing how eBay works, she goes ahead and lists it.

The LV representative sees the listing. The rep has no idea that this is for the exact same item, only that from the information or picture provided, it looks like a ⊗⊗⊗⊗. So, they issue the VERO takedown to eBay.

Now, your girlfriend gets NO WARNING, she is immediately banned. Why? Too many similarities. Same IP address listing the same item that got another account at the same IP address banned.

In the case of the original poster, he created a stealth account using a different address, phone number, IP, etc. Let's say his first account was under "Tom Jones". Then, he used "Thomas Jones" for the stealth account.

This is a good thing, because it usually helps to avoid any issue with banks rejecting a payment coming in under a different name.

Hit fatal error was logging in, JUST ONCE, under the same IP address as the old account. Who knows why? Maybe he forgot. Maybe he was drunk. Maybe he thought it just didn't matter. Why is irrelevant.

So eBay sees one account for Tom Jones under the banned IP and another person by the name of Thomas Jones using a different account, but one that has logged on using the same IP. JACKPOT!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
Cachufleta (08-18-2010), Geegee83 (09-16-2013), The Don (08-09-2010)
Old 08-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,040 Times in 774 Posts
Activity: 39%

You'll probably get an email from 'Iqor' regarding the debt, and then some phone calls. When they phone you, don't confirm you're name just say 'I do not have any debt to Paypal' or words to that effect. As there is no contract between you and Paypal, then it's a non-enforceable debt.

I've had a few missed calls from Iqor, when they call again I will say this.

There's no way there getting a penny of what I owe them, they closed me down for no just reason whatsoever.
Old 08-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts

Not for Nothing, What the Hell Kinda STEALTH is that????,

Similar Name, Same IP Address

What was the Point in using a Similar Name?
I do NOT Even want to get into the IP Address,,,,

Get the stealth guide,,, I am SURE You Could Use it.
Old 08-09-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
Not for Nothing, What the Hell Kinda STEALTH is that????,

Similar Name, Same IP Address

What was the Point in using a Similar Name?
I do NOT Even want to get into the IP Address,,,,

Get the stealth guide,,, I am SURE You Could Use it.
The logic behind the name was in the event they asked for documents to send in for a limitation is would make faking them easier.

I have bought the Stealth Book some time ago and am good at making stealth accounts, Its just I made this one prior to buying the ebook so slipped up on the name part.

As for the IP address, that was a mistake after 9 months of flawless logging in from 1 IP address, I logged in from my iPad
Old 08-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Well you identified the problem - you got caught - sadly =(

Time to a) let accounts go and wait for collection calls to start and make new stealth accounts or b) pay off the debt.

What's done is done but yes, once is enough to link. Rough situation.
Old 08-09-2010

Longevity: 83%

How you know it was a paypal GUY and not a lady?

listen to rsot above and then when the letter comes ask for proof of debt.

ps buy the Stealth Book before you start any new accounts.
Old 08-09-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogernaut View Post
How you know it was a paypal GUY and not a lady?

listen to rsot above and then when the letter comes ask for proof of debt.

ps buy the stealth book before you start any new accounts.
True, yep I will take the debt collection advice and demand proof.

I have the stealth guide, this account was made prior to me buying it, I'm good at making stealth accounts now.
Old 08-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
The IP address ALONE won't do it. But the IP with a very similar NAME can easily do it. Especially if either the first or last name (or both) are not terribly common.
Agreed. In the old days it might have been IP alone, but no more. It might raise one flag but not enough to get you linked. If it did about 1000 people on my ISP would be linked and banned from Ebay/Paypal.
Old 08-09-2010

Longevity: 91%

Don't stress about the debt...Unless they have your SS # they cannot report to the credit bureaus...I was a bill collector for many years...The SS # is the link I had to have to collect or file suit...Same address' or similar names did not matter...I realize you are in the UK but, I would think your government would have to have about the same information to avoid people with similar names getting called by debt collectors for debts that do not belong to them...The agency/PP have the burden of proof...

Whatever you do DO NOT send them any money at all...Beware whatever bill collector who calls will try anything to scare you in to paying...Just tell them it is not your debt, period...Don't argue with them...If they continue calling them, I think, you can put them on notice via certified letter telling them to cease and desist contacting you...In the USA they are allowed ONE more call after they get the letter to tell you what they MIGHT do to collect the debt...

Good luck!
Old 08-09-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcdrivertim View Post
Don't stress about the debt...Unless they have your SS # they cannot report to the credit bureaus...I was a bill collector for many years...The SS # is the link I had to have to collect or file suit...Same address' or similar names did not matter...I realize you are in the UK but, I would think your government would have to have about the same information to avoid people with similar names getting called by debt collectors for debts that do not belong to them...The agency/PP have the burden of proof...

Whatever you do DO NOT send them any money at all...Beware whatever bill collector who calls will try anything to scare you in to paying...Just tell them it is not your debt, period...Don't argue with them...If they continue calling them, I think, you can put them on notice via certified letter telling them to cease and desist contacting you...In the USA they are allowed ONE more call after they get the letter to tell you what they MIGHT do to collect the debt...

Good luck!
Thank you for the advice, here in the UK we have no SSN equivalent and DCAs are free to send out "phishing" letters to people to try and get them to call, I'm used to dealing with DCAs, infact I already have an account with 2 of ebays DCAs currently, haven't paid them a thing for around 18 months, they called me today infact, I know what to say and not to say to them so it doesn't bother me too much about the debt.
Old 08-10-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

Guys, the IP address doesn't have anything to do with it, really.

IP addresses are used by many other people, not just by yourself. And a big percentage of people in your are have eBay and PayPal accounts. Chances are that there are only a few Internet Service Providers around, so chances are also that these people are eventually assigned the same IP address. That same IP address was probably used by another dozen eBay and PayPal users, if not hundreds, over the past weeks and months.

This may be a dumb question, but is it possible that they got your address from the gift card provider? Maybe you gave your address there?