Got suspended now I am getting a barrage of cases filed. What to do? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-08-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default Got suspended now I am getting a barrage of cases filed. What to do?

As I posted yesterday. I got suspended for bs. It seems they sent all my buyers removal notices of the items that they bought. Items I honored and shipped. Some wiseguys have filed cases against me. They are claiming items not received. I have all the tracking info and have provided it the case details. can anyone chime in here and tell me what I can expect from this or what I can do. everything I sold was shipped. It was non brand stuff that people are claiming too, real real cheap items. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx in advance
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by banned4life View Post
As I posted yesterday. I got suspended for bs. It seems they sent all my buyers removal notices of the items that they bought. Items I honored and shipped. Some wiseguys have filed cases against me. They are claiming items not received. I have all the tracking info and have provided it the case details. can anyone chime in here and tell me what I can expect from this or what I can do. everything I sold was shipped. It was non brand stuff that people are claiming too, real real cheap items. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx in advance
This is eBay's Buyers Rewards Program.

In the event a seller is suspened or terminated, eBay will notify their buyers by email so that they can claim refunds, and also keep the merchandise.

FREE MONEY!

Basically, it is seller rape.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
moneyhungry (08-09-2010)
Old 08-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Disgraceful. You'll just have to put it down as a loss.
Old 08-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

I have a hard time blaming the buyers. eBay allows and even seems to ENCOURAGE this sort of thing. The old feedback system worked very well. Ever since sellers lost the ability to leave negative feedback for buyers, it has been 'open season' on sellers. Scamming buyers can screw sellers, and there are no consequences. Some buyers realize this and take advantage of it.
Old 08-08-2010
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 79%

I have responded to some cases with tracking info and one actually closed it out. At least they are very low priced items that are getting hit so I'm not worried yet. If I start getting hit on high priced items then I'll get pissed. Transferred funds to bank account just in case but I'm sure I'll get hit regardless of this.
Old 08-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts

If it is a Stealth Account---,, Walk Away

If Enough Sellers Walk Away and Leave Ebay/Paypal to deal with All Disputes Ebay will Do Away with that E-Mail Notification of a Suspended Seller,

Last edited by slapped; 08-08-2010 at 08:33 PM.
Old 08-08-2010

Longevity: 88%

If you have the tracking info there should be no issue?
Old 08-09-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 82%

This just happened to me... I agree its sellers rape.. You get people who think you are gone..they open cases when there is tracking number provided and delivery confirmed. i go after the people and try and close the case because its your money still...------- i have one better how about the a good ebay account a buyer opens a claim..they have item.. i respond to claim like i do in ebay email saying we have a return policy etc please return. buyer then immediately escalates to ebay..ebay awards them a refund and they still have the item!! wtf?
Old 08-09-2010

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebay33 View Post
This just happened to me... I agree its sellers rape.. You get people who think you are gone..they open cases when there is tracking number provided and delivery confirmed. i go after the people and try and close the case because its your money still...------- i have one better how about the a good ebay account a buyer opens a claim..they have item.. i respond to claim like i do in ebay email saying we have a return policy etc please return. buyer then immediately escalates to ebay..ebay awards them a refund and they still have the item!! wtf?
Yep it is happening more and more. If you get anything back it will be an empty envelope with a tracking number.
Use their address and phone info to open your next stealth account.
The Following User Says Thank You to topseller For This Useful Post:
bmwsouthside (08-19-2010)
Old 08-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

And that's the other problem - eBay removes the listings so it's as if the sale never happened. That's why even the seller with tracking info is not protected. eBay washes their hands off of you.
Old 08-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts

If you are Keeping a Minimal balance in your Paypal Account as you should and it is Indeed Stealth,,, Close your attached Bank account and WALK Away,,, If this happens often enough and Ebay and Paypal are left to deal with the Claims,,, Ebay will give up on this BullSh!t, Practice,,, I am NOT a Lawyer but I truly Believe that This practice has Got to be Against the Law,, Someone should look into it,,,,,Jeff Where are you.
Old 08-10-2010
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by topseller View Post
Yep it is happening more and more. If you get anything back it will be an empty envelope with a tracking number.
Nice idead. I will try that if anything happens to me next time.
Old 08-10-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Do you go back for the money in a few months frm paypal? Im all for the stealth and walking away but I dont want them to keep a penny. Just curious if y'all go for your money after a few months. i lost 6 accounts w about 4k combined... i empty out as often as i can... just 2 accounts got built up quick.thanks
Old 08-13-2010

Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Old 08-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
If you are Keeping a Minimal balance in your Paypal Account as you should and it is Indeed Stealth,,, Close your attached Bank account and WALK Away,,, If this happens often enough and Ebay and Paypal are left to deal with the Claims,,, Ebay will give up on this BullSh!t, Practice,,, I am NOT a Lawyer but I truly Believe that This practice has Got to be Against the Law,, Someone should look into it,,,,,Jeff Where are you.
I doubt there is a specific law addressing this. I mean, prior to eBay, how would this ever come up? Nobody ever had that kind of power before. eBay is pretty upfront about what they are doing, so it is not a deceptive business practice. Sleazy, yes.

It also occurrs to me that this might be a part of the reason they took away sellers' ability to leave negative feedback for buyers. Enough negative feedback could show a pattern of a buyer scamming sellers. Then, an attorney could argue that eBay knew, or should have known - by the information on their very own website - that the buyer had a history of such behavior. This could create legal liability for eBay.

And the media does not help matters. Nearly every story of online fraud involves a fraudulent seller scamming buyers out of their hard earned money. eBay sellers are viewed somewhere between used car salesmen and bill collectors.

So a bunch of sellers complaining is probably not going to get lawmakers to act to correct the problem. Now if we could only find a way to sell that as "protecting the children"...
ptenchick (08-14-2010)
Old 08-14-2010

I love topseller's reply! I'll keep that one in mind!!!
Old 08-14-2010

It happened to me twice last summer..I had to email all buyers with a teary "explanation", telling them how Ebay and PP are, almost begging them to look closer at the case and my wonderful international 300+ positive feedback (50+ of which was regarding the same product that I sold in US and internationally)..I actually wrote all this info as a reply to a PP claim...at the end, guess what? 7 out of 10 buyers agreed to finish the transaction....it was a real headache but it was my last chance

Jeffweico, I LOVE reading your responses!
You are so smart, intelligent and always SOO helpful!!!
It's a real privillege for the forum to have a member like you!
Thank you from all of us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
I doubt there is a specific law addressing this. I mean, prior to eBay, how would this ever come up? Nobody ever had that kind of power before. eBay is pretty upfront about what they are doing, so it is not a deceptive business practice. Sleazy, yes.

It also occurrs to me that this might be a part of the reason they took away sellers' ability to leave negative feedback for buyers. Enough negative feedback could show a pattern of a buyer scamming sellers. Then, an attorney could argue that eBay knew, or should have known - by the information on their very own website - that the buyer had a history of such behavior. This could create legal liability for eBay.

And the media does not help matters. Nearly every story of online fraud involves a fraudulent seller scamming buyers out of their hard earned money. eBay sellers are viewed somewhere between used car salesmen and bill collectors.

So a bunch of sellers complaining is probably not going to get lawmakers to act to correct the problem. Now if we could only find a way to sell that as "protecting the children"...

Last edited by SaiJin; 08-19-2010 at 04:17 AM.
Old 08-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptenchick View Post
Jeffweico, I LOVE reading your responses!
You are so smart, intelligent and always SOO helpful!!!
It's a real privillege for the forum to have a member like you!
Thank you from all of us!
Thanks for the compliment. But I've also gotten a lot of knowledge from this forum. I just try to contribute back what I can.
oompaloompa (08-14-2010)
Old 08-19-2010

Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Brilliant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptenchick View Post
It happened to me twice last summer..I had to email all buyers with a teary "explanation", telling them how Ebay and PP are, almost begging them to look closer at the case and my wonderful international 300+ positive feedback (50+ of which was regarding the same product that I sold in US and internationally)..I actually wrote all this info as a reply to a PP claim...at the end, guess what? 7 out of 10 buyers agreed to finish the transaction....it was a real headache but it was my last chance
I tried that and I have gotten responses from 2 out of 10 and one of them is trying to scam me out of paying completely and the other says she is out of the country and is running out of money herself but she is actively buying new items every day on ebay. her delivery address is 2 hours away from me. I am getting some ideas.
some buyers wrote me and stated that paypal is safe way to pay and thats the only way they will pay. I said to them paypal and ebay really has them fooled. when they have problems they will feel the pain too.

Last edited by SaiJin; 08-19-2010 at 04:16 AM.