pauluss x120 day ebay/paypal ** status update *** - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 11-19-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Talking pauluss x120 day ebay/paypal ** status update ***

Hi everyone

I thought spend an hour or so and post some further updates since my multiple suspensions of nearly 4 months ago

Hopefully I can provide some experiences of the past 100 days, for those who need to refresh about my circumstances
Please read my previous post from earlier last month first

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-su...s-updates.html

All the info below is based on ebay.co.uk and paypal.co.uk

* EXPERIENCE
First and foremost, I would like to say with great pride that in the past 8 weeks since my last update
I have not lost ANY eBay ID or PayPal at all and am now actively selling on a further x5 IDs that have now range in feedback from of 20+ to 300+

Still ALL on 100% positive and the earliest formed IDs now worthy of power seller status (I have declined this offer from eBay however

Now for me to achieve this I must be doing something right, and I know I would not be in this position had it not been for this forum and the advice on this forum

I have to reiterate from my previous post that knowledge is the key thing to get about suspensions
This forum, now I have fully researched what is out there has been by far the most compressive, informed and lastly accurate out there
There is so much conflicting info on other sites that if followed would get you suspended, info posted entirely on point of view as opposed to actually experience

So for newly suspended folk, READ READ and READ some more. Take a sicky from work and spend a day or two reading everything

* IP ADDRESS

I think I can safely conclude say with about 95% degree of certainty that the KEY reason for eBay suspensions occurring is due to IP related issues

Note and print off in big RED lettered print off the IP address you are logged to your PC now you are suspended
This is the IP address you never want to see again and never want to visit eBay or PayPal again on that same IP address

If this is ever linked to your new selling ID this may no suspend you immediately but certainly give a major connection to the old you. I could strongly be game over

If this BANNED IP is displayed like a glowing beacon in front of your PC/laptop you know to avoid it, even set it as your PCs wallpaper !!

I have adopted the practice that was posted on this forum (very helpful and useful), of creating a windows user ID for each eBay ID you use and logging these in notepad files
Every time I go online

Now I have kept these IP logs, I have found that patterns begin to emerge when changing your IP via broadband, you will be assigned same IPs quite often or 90% the same with last few digits different

When using dial up I have found IP address to be very diverse and often totally different

CookieMonster and cCleaner are used periodically when switching IDs and have provided very useful
Using cookie you will be very surprised how many cookies you find for their site on place that are not even eBay !

Look out for the lucky9 cookie and how often it occurs!!

Using notepad and opening your IP log, before you go anywhere near eBay or PayPal check your IP address IP Burger - What is my IP Address? Find Your IP Address! or WhatIsMyIP.com
and check it is not the banned IP you have been assigned

Then use Ctrl + F to search out your log to see if you have used this IP before

Although I am probably on eBay a great deal more than most, in the past 60 days I have been assigned my banned IP address on x9 occasions out of over 1,000+
visits logging in online.
Now this is not much of a chance less than 1% - but do you really want to take that risk it ? Your hard work lost
Giving eBay the rope to make the noose to hang you

I have stopped checking eBay when returning form a night out at the pub to - just in case I let my standards slip. Amazing how keen you are after a few beers to see how much you have sold while lording it up in the local
!!! lol
Lastly, I conclude I don’t think IP is the ONLY reason that leads to suspension but is one of the key reasons for sure

* FEEDBACK

Purchasing 1p feedback eBooks to build is a definite way to raise suspicion of you as both a seller and buyer
This is stated on this site and many others
Steer clear and don’t do it

* SELLING LIMITS

Firstly, I have concluded that limits on listing do occur for some but not for others, but I have not experienced ANY form of limitation or item removal on
ANY ID of the x20 or so I now have active selling

I have NOT been able to conclude what is a SAFE or BORDERLINE amount to list before raising suspicion

On a new ID as a test I listed x100+ items on a zero feedback ID at item value of £4.99
The auctions survived fine

Other IDs I have had high tag items £200+ and limited listing to x10 items when under 30 days

I have sold items at 1p start that I would take a loss on to build feedback to 10+ and sell them all via 2nd chance

So conclusions I can draw I could very well be the NATURE/TYPE of item you list
HIGH RISK = electronic/sat nav/mobiles/laptop/pcs/designer clothes/1p eBooks etc
LOW RISK = postcards/craft supplies/photographs/CDs/DVDs etc

I do not sell what would be deemed as high risk items so probably why I have not lost any ID or items been removed

Just use some common sense and dont leave yourself out on the limb for them to have reasont o take your auctions out

* Your nominated eBay address

eBay as it has developed are now making more use of traditional marketing techniques, like direct mailing and TV adverts.
In the past month I have rec’d eBay information in the post for suspended IDs ! wow

You therefore need to be careful where you choose your nominated address as if the worst happens and the person living at your chosen ‘ghost address’ chooses to send back the mail it could be game over for the ID

Royal Mail will also return mail that is classed as undeliverable (ie you made up a house number that doesn’t exist)

You are best using an address of a recently sold property, but what I have found is just use the newspaper, Flats to rent London, jobs in London, flatshare, free classified ads UK or Roommates Finder - 190,000 Roommate ads with EasyRoommate - FREE service to find a student property of 4-6 bedrooms. As the household will be transient and young (ie not wise to the ways of the world) they would more likely bin the post as opposed to returning it to send
If you want to do things by the book, set up a full royal mail PO box address

* GoogleCheckout

.............hhhhmmmmmmmmm, mixed opinions of this service

In the last x3 months I have set up three separate GoogleCheckouts and linked them to different cards/bank accounts
However IP has caused me to loose two :( (same IP used for both accounts)
I know, I know what I hear you's are saying.......
but it is another bit of experience learned that has not been mentioned on the forums here

My initial (real details) GoogleCheckout is still live and active and linked to my business account
Processing time for payments is great and daily

On the downside, I have incurred the customer service side of GoogleCheckout and have to say it is actually worse than PayPal!
incredible to believe I know!
The two I lost, had about £600 trade on one and £800 trade on the other.

I only knew I was suspended from using GoogleCheckout when I could not log into it
Weird I thought, whys that?
Well a couple of emails back and forth, and the conclusion I get from Google is you have been suspended for breaching 'terms and conditions'
Not even an email and no phone support at all
The last nail in the coffins was after about 10 days the £200 I was expecting to arrive in my bank from one GoogleCheckout account did not show
and the £120 did not show in the other bank account.
More emails to Google to see out what was happening and I am told all buyers have been refunded to their credit card!
WONDERFUL !!!! £320 light and the items already mailed out
Now this business practice actually make PayPal look professional!!
Fortunately I have been able to contact the buyers and get them to pay, via separate PayPal invoice
But bear in mind you need to have a good knowledge as you do not get access to you account to see as to who has paid and who has not !!

So be warned!!!!................. all not PERFECT with Google and this is the first something like this has been mentioned on these pages

As a payment provider I am sure it will develop its new processes and better customer service but it is far from perfect

The admin associated with GoogleCheckout was far from ideal but I found, the best way was to wait for the 'End of Auction' email from eBay
and it held all the info you could copy and paste across to GoogleCheckout
I changed the auto email from eBay to says words to the effect of you will receive a SEPERATE payment invoice from my credit card provider 24 hours

If you were selling on various IDs I would suggest a Business style name instead of your ACTUAL name
As then ONE GoogleCheckout account would suffice for MANY eBay selling IDs
i.e. mega seller, exclusive seller, AFC Trading, ACME Sellers Inc

I am still keen to continue to use GoogleCheckout but I will impose a payment limit of £30 - GC is fine over £30 but do you fancy sending out x20 email for items
for £2.99 each?
I don’t !

Lastly, having a Google checkout account is a payment option is a good as gives Joe Public the option to accept credit cards and can also enhance your auction and get you extra bidders/buyers
if you add a visa/MasterCard logo in it

* Bank Accounts

I have found getting a new bank account here in the UK very easy, all you require is BASIC account, not a full current account
This is because a credit search is often not under taken as you can be found by your presence on the voter/electoral role that is linked to
Experian and Equifax’s credit systems, other verification method is presence in phone book (OSIS listed)
I have checked my credit files for searches and the of the x4 new bank accounts I have set up, only x1 is recorded as a credit search (this was Halifax cash card account)

I have successfully opened new bank accounts with
Abbey, Lloyds/TSB and Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) and ALL did not record a credit search against my file

Too many credit searches, in a short space of time is often seen at detrimental to your overall score

With ALL these BASIC bank accounts above you can have online banking and the account is fine to accept PayPal payments

The account you choose to tag to your PayPal MUST accept Direct Debit (DD) - this is ESSENTIAL or the micro deposits wont show

Savings Accounts (i.e. ING direct or Sainsbury’s online savers) CANNOT be used with PayPal as I tried and the deposits did not show and were refunded to PayPal
end result, PayPal account limited

* AOL 9.0

This works but I found the amount of cookies and just how crap AOL is. I also found that it was time dependant and speeds would vary terribly
One time took x25 mins to list x1 item !

Better change your IP of the router or use unlimited dial up for eBay access

* Auctiva

After getting my head around its working it has been fine for me - a lot faster than eBay to
For your STOCK products that are static and don’t change, list via auctiva and scheduled for a HOT spot selling time
Sign your eBay account up to seller manager pro and then use assigned automation for them to re list for you
Also set you feedback to reciprocate, i.e. when someone leaves FB for you the system the leaves it for them
Another admin/time saving

* Listing the SAME items as you did prior to SUSPENSION

One selling ID that I lost was one selling customer made items of stars of film and music

I changed the ad totally, rephoto'ed every item, amended start price by a few pence, amended postage amount by a few pence,
redone titles, added a 1/3 new titles to the range to muddy the eBay water

Now I have the same range of over 500+ items as I did before and all are fine and selling well with Xmas coming

This same process has been applied to my other selling IDs without any suspensions occurring to

Well that’s al that springs to mine and hopefully gives hope and inspiration who have incurred the wrath of the bay of E!

Will post another update next month folks

All the best for Xmas
PAULUSS
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-19-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

pauluss,
how can you say google checkout is bad? Its not bad at all. the only reason your accounts was canned was because you DID breech their terms and conditions which you admitted too.

So just a little food for thought, next time dont try and break the rules.
Old 11-19-2007

Longevity: 95%

Why did you create multiple Google Checkout accounts anyway?

Can't you use one Google Checkout account for all your eBay IDs?
Old 11-19-2007
Threadstarter  

Well just to defend oneself - I set up MULTIPLE Google checkout merchant accounts just because I had real card details and bank accounts to support them - why not? who’s has done on here? who has tried and reported on here ? or anywhere online for that matter ??? where else can you see experiences of GC ??? is there any bad word said about googlecheckout on here ??? no ?

I am not dissing or saying google is bad but I am trying to say is use what I have 'experienced' to your advantage, if you set up and use multiple IDs and details, Google will tag it and suspend accordingly (as per PayPal would) if you use the same IP. The lesson from my post is 'change the IP address'

My post is NOT to say I should or should have NOT done something but more so a walk though or a truthful opinion how things are NOW and the steps that have been taken by me that have got me here. The fact that I have lost x2 googlecheckouts is not the case I want to encourage 'I TOLD SO' or / 'I KNEW THAT WOULD HAPPEN, WHY YOU DO IT POSTS' more so, to others who others who may think about it or turn over a large amount of items per month
bottom line: setting up multiple selling IDs for Google checkout from same IP WILL result in suspension

Chris, for an aged and experienced member of the forum and knowledgeable about eBay/PayPal I would have thought you would have encouraged my post rather than a TYPICAL "I told you so" kind of post but more so, lesson learned

what you have both failed to see is I have exposed (for the 1st time on here) GC is NOT flawlass, GC is in fact worse than PayPal in how they will limit your account, you do not get an email, and alert or call or anything. The vast majorty of us have suffered with PayPal but hey, 6 months down the line you get yoru £££ back dont you. Will i with GC ? i dont know? if i had not queried my charge backs what would have happened
Old 11-19-2007
Banned

pauluss once again you broke the rules and was handled accordingly. So dont try and say GC is bad or you can set up mulitple accounts. We have already known that and you would have too if you would have done a forum search.

GC is perfectly fine as long as you dont break their terms and conditions and they are alot lot better the Paypal.

What is there to encourage your post??? Anybody with common sense would have know that the activity you were doing would have been demmed suspicious.

GC is just protecting their company just like you protect your ebay business
Old 11-19-2007
Threadstarter  

Chris

Nice To Read & Great You Have Alienated Me From Posting Anything More In Future In Terms Experience, Updates Or Advanced Knowledge. Have You Never Heard About Reading Between The Lines

Why I Wasted 70 Mins Compiling The Above Post I Really Dont Know.........................................

Jeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 11-19-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Thanks pauluss, good information there. Don't listen to the others.
Old 11-20-2007

Pauluss, THANK YOU for the info, and such good data recording of your experiences. Of course there is much to be documented in all this getting around ebay stuff, and ALL knowledge is power. So listening to some idiot who wags a finger crying about "breaking rules" is not only hilarious it is pathetic in its' hypocrisy.
This is very helpful info for everyone even if it is for the future, and practical.
Thanks again
Old 11-20-2007
Banned

^^^^^^????
Old 11-20-2007

lol.. wow chris.

Pauluss good stuff!
Old 12-25-2007
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 94%
Default maintaining ip address for different accts

HI paul, great info. Question is, how can you keep different ip addresses and reuse them according to which ebay account you want to access? By the way, i wasnt able to change my ip address through my linksys router. I am using cox cable and they tell me i have to leave it unplugged overnight. But besides the issue, how were you able to store different ip addresses to use when accessing certain ebay accounts? If i read your post wrong, and that you cant store different ip addresses... then you must have changed your ip address everytime you access a different ebay account. Isnt that such a hassle if you're mainting multiple accounts?

I have been reading through this forum for hours and all the info collected are very helpful. For those who were able to handle multiple accounts, i was just wondering if you can share some tips as to how you can log in your accounts with different IP address. Is there a trick to it? Or is AOL simply it?