Best time to open second account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-10-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default Best time to open second account?

I have an account only three weeks old, I need to let it cool off because it's doing pretty well. I am going to open a second account, but not sure if it's too soon.

Two seperate accounts on one computer (I know, if I lose one, I lose both), but it's the only way I can work right now.

Do I wait til after 30 days, to see if I get the old "we need some paperwork" jig? I don't want to waste an extra bank account that I won't be able to use, you know?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-10-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

All this is answered in the stealth guide along with making sure you DON'T link the 2 accounts.

People around here have tons of accounts on one computer, 2, 3, however you need.

But you need to understand how eBay ID's you and you will last MUCH longer.

You need to be patient and go slow.
Old 08-10-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 91%

Best time to open a 2nd account is ANYTIME. You could open it right after you opened the first account. Research the forum, there's plenty of good info here showing you how.
Old 08-10-2010
Threadstarter  

Thanks fellas. I know people would probably advise against this, but I wanted to have two accounts on one computer/IP, and just behave myself.

I know the IP jig, and the linking stuff, but I just have one laptop and it's heck changing my IP. I know it's risky, but it's how I have to operate for now.

Now for this. Paypal will usually want info/limit you when you make over 1,000 in a month, but does that still occur if it is from two accounts?
Old 08-10-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Yes it applies. There is no harm in having 2 linked accounts keeping in mind that if one goes down, other will follow.

It's not hard changing the Ip
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
pod (08-10-2010)
Old 08-10-2010
Threadstarter  

With two seperate accounts on one Paypal, do I still need to stay under that magic 1,000 limit?
Old 08-10-2010

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhell View Post
With two seperate accounts on one Paypal, do I still need to stay under that magic 1,000 limit?
most likely yes, why dont you just change ur IP?
Old 08-10-2010

Longevity: 87%
Send a message via Yahoo to IDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by aking View Post
Best time to open a 2nd account is ANYTIME.
This........
Old 08-10-2010
Threadstarter  

On the first account, it was taking almost 14 hours for items to show up, on the second one they are showing up immediately.

I was having a hard time trying to find out about the user screens and all the extra stuff. I know it's risky but it's all I can do right now.

Let the scolding begin/continue.
Old 08-10-2010
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,535 Times in 2,189 Posts
Activity: 69%

the 14 hour period is for the bot / employee to screen your listing. Once it's approved, everything will appear immediately.
Old 08-10-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:

two accounts on one computer/IP, and just behave myself.
Thats not good enough. Its not always you doing something that bothers eBay. Its the buyers that bring the grief too. That, you can not control. One goes down, they both go down. So a second account on one IP is not a backup.

Some tough love here: Just being good and thinking all will be ok is naive.

Some folks have a couple of accounts linked but I never understand the reasoning or advantage, at all...
Why not instead of having two accounts linked have two accounts NOT linked... If one gets hurt you are not shut down. The last thing you want and need is to lose ALL your selling capabilities at once.

So set up another account and get it going for sure. But do it 100% independent to anything else. When you run into trouble with an account you will be happy you did.
The Following User Says Thank You to pod For This Useful Post:
holyhell (08-11-2010)
Old 08-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by pod View Post
Thats not good enough. Its not always you doing something that bothers eBay. Its the buyers that bring the grief too. That, you can not control. One goes down, they both go down. So a second account on one IP is not a backup.

Some folks have a couple of accounts linked but I never understand the reasoning or advantage, at all...
Why not instead of having two accounts linked have two accounts NOT linked... If one gets hurt you are not shut down. The last thing you want and need is to lose ALL your selling capabilities at once.

So set up another account and get it going for sure. But do it 100% independent to anything else. When you run into trouble with an account you will be happy you did.
Top Advice here! I have 6 accounts right now linked in pairs of two's. Only reason I have them linked in pairs is so if I get a violation or 2 on 1 account I can let it sleep for a bit and use the other linked id to continue selling on. Working good so far!
Old 08-10-2010
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,535 Times in 2,189 Posts
Activity: 69%

So you basically have 3 selling accounts.
I have done that before. I'd still do 6 seperate though.
Old 08-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by saijin View Post
So you basically have 3 selling accounts.
I have done that before. I'd still do 6 seperate though.
Thats right I had 3 single selling accounts with 2 buyer accounts sleeping. I then found out you could have more ebay accounts linked so I added an account on each selling account just incase of potential violation problems.
Old 08-10-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0144224 View Post

added an account on each selling account just incase of potential violation problems.
So you think if one account gets nailed with violations, the other one is still cool? How?? They are linked.... A problem on one is a problem on another.
Old 08-10-2010

Longevity: 90%

Best time to open a 2nd account is NOW. In fact create 2 or 3 backup accounts just in case. ;-)

EBay monitors you by the following:
1) IP Address
2) Cookies
3) Flash cookies

I'm still unsure how to get around IP address. Best way to get around Cookies and Flash cookies is to create a new user on Windows (or whatever OS you use) and then only log into your backup account under that user. Each user profile on Windows has a separate set of cookies and flash cookies so everything should be fine.
Old 08-11-2010

Smile

Quote:
So you think if one account gets nailed with violations, the other one is still cool? How?? They are linked.... A problem on one is a problem on another.
I don't know if thats the case or not, so far I've not had to do it. From the information I've seen on these forums from members it seems that a lot of people use the same idea so I'm guessing it must have something to it.
Do you know for sure that what your saying is correct? Not trying to be combative, just wondered if you say that it affects both accounts; is that from experience? or are you just guessing?

Cheers
Old 08-11-2010
Executive [VIP]

There's never really a time of the year where eBay go slack. Opening a new account on eBay is always a chance. What I suggest is buying the stealth guide so that you don't like your current account to any future accounts.
Old 08-11-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0144224 View Post

Do you know for sure that what your saying is correct?
From personal experience, no. I don't sell vero so I don't have those types of violation issues. But if an account gets in trouble enough to have eBay not let you sell anymore a linked account wont be "safe". Its just the way eBay rolls.

If one account got some bad feedback or a low dsr the other account could take its place and use the same PayPal. But all that you do here is save on making another PayPal account. But violations are another thing. It's still better to have everything separate. I would never feel too safe using an account linked to another that was in trouble.
Old 08-11-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:

I hear you loud and and clear, and thank you so much. I just need to get more advanced technologically/mentally to do this.

I have one laptop and a cable modem. Trust me, I have tried MULTIPLE ways to change my IP, and with my ISP the only thing I can do is shut it off overnight. Obviously I can't do that every night.

Thanks again for all the information, I take the discipline the proper way.
Old 08-11-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I just need to get more advanced technologically/mentally to do this.
It can be a bit overwhelming at first for sure. But, it is actually pretty easy when you start to understand what to do. First you need to do at this point is focus on learning about new user accounts in windows and how to get a new IP.

Quote:
I have one laptop and a cable modem. .
Does your cable modem have a usb port? If so, try using it instead of network connection. It should give you a new IP on every connection.

What I do is use the network connection on my main user and usb on my second one. And they are different ip addresses without doing anything but logging off, disconnecting net cable and connecting usb cable.
The Following User Says Thank You to pod For This Useful Post:
holyhell (08-11-2010)
Old 08-11-2010

so 1k is when paypal will try to limit you?
i am trying to sell iphone , if i get 2 k a month, will paypal limit me?

thanks!