Will I be ok? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-12-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 84%
Default Will I be ok?

Ok here is my situation.

I have 2 suspended accounts in the past.
I plan to resolve this some day but for now I need to make some money.
I got back on ebay the other day. I did everything right, I changed my ip, deleted cookies, used another address, used a new phone number,etc.
I am using a family members paypal account as my paypal account was closed also.
I listed some items and then I got them removed to verify identity.
No problem at all, I had to call ebay, (I had used a variation of my name on the account but when she pulled the questions she gave me my full name and asked if that was correct and I said yes). Then the lady asked me 2 questions in which I answered correctly.
She said ok thank you very much I will restore your accounts.
This is where I am at right now.
I have not given them my social so I am not sure how my identity was verified.
It has been 1 week since and I have had absolutely no problems.
I do not plan on doing anything wrong on this account, I just want to make money.

Finally my questions: Are they going to find out who I am? how? If I keep my nose clean as far as my operations on ebay go, am I going to be ok?

I know this is a lot of information, any help will be greatly appreciated.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-12-2010
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,535 Times in 2,189 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

OP, please get the stealth guide. It'll help you step by step a lot better.

To answer your question, unfortunately we never know what they are going to do.
I'd say that if after 2-3 weeks you are ok, then you should be ok.
Just don't do anything rash.
Old 08-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts

it sounds like you will be ok, as long as you take it slow, but all users have a chance of being questioned at any time, its just some riskier things are more likely to trigger it......
Old 08-13-2010

Cyou be specific what questions were asked ? I am about to reopen my account using other family's member information. So, I need to prepare.
Old 08-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

You should pm him rather than that info up in open forum.
Old 08-14-2010
Threadstarter  

Thanks for all the help.

One more question.

Since my wife has not had a paypal account yet, can we get her signed up and start taking a few payments using her paypal account (to get the numbers up) while also using my family members paypal account as well. Then in a couple of months only use my wifes since we are only allowed to use the family members for a short time. Would this work to be accepting payments on two separate paypal accounts, as long as they are good?
Old 08-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Get the stealth guide. Read it through a few times and go from there. It will help you a lot.
Old 08-22-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpb04 View Post
Thanks for all the help.

One more question.

Since my wife has not had a paypal account yet, can we get her signed up and start taking a few payments using her paypal account (to get the numbers up) while also using my family members paypal account as well. Then in a couple of months only use my wifes since we are only allowed to use the family members for a short time. Would this work to be accepting payments on two separate paypal accounts, as long as they are good?
Bump for some more input. Does anybody have any personal input. Maybe something not covered in the stealth guide? Does the stealth guide tell you whether or not it is ok to accept payments on two separate paypal accounts but the same ebay account?
Old 08-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Ok here is my situation.

I got back on ebay the other day. I did everything right, I changed my ip, deleted cookies, used another address, used a new phone number,etc.
I am using a family members paypal account as my paypal account was closed also.
No problem at all, I had to call ebay, (I had used a variation of my name on the account but when she pulled the questions she gave me my full name and asked if that was correct and I said yes). Then the lady asked me 2 questions in which I answered correctly.

I do not plan on doing anything wrong on this account, I just want to make money.

Finally my questions: Are they going to find out who I am? how? If I keep my nose clean as far as my operations on ebay go, am I going to be ok?

Are you saying you used a name variation and your real name had been on suspended accounts and ebay knew that? That might mean you are linked now. Personally I would have no great hope in the account lasting.
Old 08-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts

Using a Family Members Info for Ebay or Paypal is Wrong, and COMPLETELY Unwise and its NOT NEEDED, the End result is Going to Be that you will get that Family members Paypal account all F#cked up and Maybe even their Credit Score, Which is Going to Cause a WAR in your Family,,,And for What?,,,A few Bucks for the Stealth Guide?,,,,A Guide that will show you how to do it Right and WITHOUT Involving ANYONE.,,,,And on top of the Guide here is a Forum FULL Of People who KNOW What they are Doing and can CLARIFY ANY part of the Guide for you.,,,Dude, Do Your self a Favor,,,GET THE Stealth Guide,,,

In The world of Business:,,,Cheapness is a Weakness,,,
The Following User Says Thank You to slapped For This Useful Post:
jeffweico (08-22-2010)
Old 08-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

Slapped is 110% right on the money here. Using another person's accounts can only lead to trouble and heartache. And that is if you are 100% honest. If you plan on selling anything that is, shall we say, non-genuine, then using another person's account is criminally stupid.

The OP already has had, by his own admission, 2 banned accounts in the past. Which he plans on resolving SOMEDAY. But right now he NEEDS MONEY....

You don't need a psychic to foretell the disaster that is about to happen...

Sorry if this seems harsh, but it is a REALLY BAD IDEA!
Old 08-24-2010

Longevity: 79%
Send a message via AIM to DAILYHUNDRED

Quote:
Ok here is my situation.

damn i wonder how ebay knew your real name. Was your new address in the same city? Why where you suspended last accounts? I don't think they can link you with just a name variation. When I use name variations I always choose a different city in our borderline county.

When I got linked for having a past bad feedback account they were actually being bitchy with me and even though at the end he gave it back it was super limited i could only sell a certain amount of listings per week.
Old 08-27-2010
Threadstarter  

So far so good. It's been going about 3-4 weeks without a hitch. The variation I gave is very typical for my name (i.e. Bob/Robert) I used my real last name. I was suspended for fees not being paid. I sell all 100% legal stuff. I sincerely want to just make an honest second income. I am not high rolling any more. I pay my fees every day or two.

I am actually wondering if I am out of their computer system. The unpaid fees are in collections. It has been a couple of years.

Last edited by SaiJin; 08-27-2010 at 02:10 AM.
Old 08-27-2010
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,535 Times in 2,189 Posts
Activity: 69%

We do not condone anyone not paying their fees. If you pay your fees, I believe eBay would actually lift your suspension. If you use eBay's services and you make $, it's only right to give them their share.

And yes, you will be in their computer system forever.
Old 08-27-2010

Longevity: 79%

If your 'sin' is simply non payment of fees; wouldnt it have much easier to reach some kind of deal to pay rather than go thru all this anxiety and fear?
Old 08-27-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

I like the OP's initial line: I plan to resolve this some day but for now I need to make some money.

Anyhow, seems you are functioning well now but best to make few accounts a la stealth on the side. The guide is very useful. Searching the forum is also very useful. I hope you will contribute more as you progress back into the eBay jungle.
Old 08-28-2010
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

I agree with the above. Using a family members PP account will get them closed soon as I am thinking they have you linked or match somehow.

You need to start clean and fresh.

Do not use the family members account anymore.

If you owe them money and they linked anything wrong and you pay them the fees they might turn around and close it anyway.

best to start fresh by getting the stealth info and going from there.

Many here have paid old fees to get old accounts back and ended up getting shut down over time anyway.