I've been doing this for 2 years now I'm having issues - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-14-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default I've been doing this for 2 years now I'm having issues

I am opening up a new ebay account. I have had 10 accounts but suddenly i had 4 of them to go down for "security reasons" ???? wtf? I was a seller with 300+ feedbacks on each 100% and 2 years old. all stealth accounts. why they went down is a mystery.

I make sure i have a new IP, clean cookies, (including flash cookies), every time before i log in to ebay.

All accounts have their own address, phone, name etc. completely separate.
So separate that they are mostly DBAs with their own EIN and D&B numbers.

Now...my question.

I open up a new ebay account with a new name, addy, number, etc. I go to list one used book and 5 minutes later my account is suspended for "abusing ebay"

Can anyone shed any light on this?

I'm scared if there is a new tech out there that is killing me. I don't want to lose my other remaining accounts.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-14-2010
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

OP, Please set what country flag you are in.
Did you follow all the steps in the stealth guide?
Old 08-14-2010
Threadstarter  

I'm in the USA

Yes i have read many guides etc over stealth.

I think the last time I posted something on here i was talking to ebayhateluv.. since then i've been just watching haha..
Old 08-14-2010
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 69%

use different windows user acc. Don't delete cookies or flash.
See if it helps
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
waterproof (10-19-2010)
Old 08-14-2010
Threadstarter  

even when i had just opened this new account. i was on a cleaned computer with new ip etc. and 5 min after listing i get the "abusing ebay" message.... :(
Old 08-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 89%

All this effort and all this time and waste of accounts cause you can't bring yourself to pay for the Stealth Book?
Old 08-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts

ebayhateluv? whoa that was a long long time ago, I suggest you get Stealth Book, have you considered LSO? are you keeping accounts on seperate user screens?
Old 08-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown_user View Post

I make sure i have a new IP, clean cookies, (including flash cookies), every time before i log in to ebay..............

This may Actually Be your Problem,,, Ebay and Paypal LIKE to see their Cookies,,,,You NEED SEPERATE User Accounts,,,,YOU NEED the stealth guide,,,,,,

Last edited by slapped; 08-14-2010 at 09:33 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slapped For This Useful Post:
pod (08-14-2010), unknown_user (08-14-2010)
Old 08-14-2010

Longevity: 89%

That's why you're getting the abusing ebay message or security issue, they may not be able to link you to a specific account, but they recognise by your MO that you're circumventing their system.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MadSam For This Useful Post:
Lupa (09-28-2010), unknown_user (08-14-2010)
Old 08-14-2010
Threadstarter  

For the record I bought the book again... i remember when it was first written. Plus another really good guide "ebay undercover" written by mike. (which was really quite deep into everything)

I see now that everyone is creating multiple accounts on windows and NOT deleting cookies etc after each time?

for example, I start a new user on my computer, clean it first...
create my account and I don't delete cookies etc.

Now to access my other accounts i simply switch users on my computer and access them without deleting cookies etc as well.

Correct? ( I have read the book, just making sure that is the grasp of things)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
ebayhateluv? whoa that was a long long time ago, I suggest you get Stealth Book, have you considered LSO? are you keeping accounts on seperate user screens?
I just started separate user accounts now. Yeah that was a LONG time ago. You can see my trader score and my feedback is from her. lol

I guess i should start getting back on the board since i've been a ghost for 2 years.

I went so balls to the walls on this that i own 10 LLC with different EIN's etc. I also went an extra step which is very...well...lets say its verifiable but that secret costs BIG money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
All this effort and all this time and waste of accounts cause you can't bring yourself to pay for the Stealth Book?
I have bought it. Money isn't an issue. I'm just now getting back on the forum.

btw, I just bought a vcc and to verify the code paypal gives on my card...i can't seem to find it.. odd. Did they change it? (using simon vcc)

Last edited by SaiJin; 08-15-2010 at 04:15 AM.
Old 08-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown_user View Post
I guess i should start getting back on the board since i've been a ghost for 2 years.
For sure. Some time on here seeing whats changed will save you grief without doubt.

At a glance it does appear your cookie habits are the problem. Look into the separate user info on here for sure. And you will find it kind of nice when you get used to using them. A user account that has one sole purpose and account attached to it can be easy to work on. I even make wallpapers for the desktops with all my info like id, password, dob, phone, etc right on screen.

And by keeping the cookies, you keep them happy AND your login info is saved so it does help avoid accidentally logging into wrong account.

Name the user accounts the same as the ebay login. When you have the log into user screen in front of you, you see all your ebay account ids. Click the one you want and off you go worry free. IP is still an issue, but you seem to be ok in that area
Old 08-14-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pod View Post
For sure. Some time on here seeing whats changed will save you grief without doubt.

At a glance it does appear your cookie habits are the problem. Look into the separate user info on here for sure. And you will find it kind of nice when you get used to using them. A user account that has one sole purpose and account attached to it can be easy to work on. I even make wallpapers for the desktops with all my info like id, password, dob, phone, etc right on screen.

And by keeping the cookies, you keep them happy AND your login info is saved so it does help avoid accidentally logging into wrong account.

Name the user accounts the same as the ebay login. When you have the log into user screen in front of you, you see all your ebay account ids. Click the one you want and off you go worry free. IP is still an issue, but you seem to be ok in that area
after much reading i see that is my problem i think.
I did go get a simon gift card today for a new account. When i go to lift my limit on paypal for them to send me a code. I can't see it on my simon balance when i go to check. Anyone have this issue?

Also, is there another VCC that i can get besides simon that doesn't require my SSN.

thanks.
Old 08-14-2010
Threadstarter  

okay...now i'm very flustered.

I have a new computer..
went to the mall and bought my simon gift card, new phone, also have an address which hasn't ever been used by ebay or paypal. All of this in order i use all new information, name etc.

As soon as i add my information in and have a ebay and paypal account set up. I look at all help pages bid on a few small items (cards, and a shirt). i decided to take a big step and try to list a used movie for sale. in 5 minutes of me doing so i get suspended for "abusing ebay"

what am i doing wrong here?

Please note I created a new user on my computer and i have a different IP (using my verizon aircard )
Old 08-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Something the same? I mean anything, no mater how minor you may have missed?
Old 08-14-2010
Threadstarter  

nothing the same at all...
this is account number 2 that i have tried.

I even made up a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name and I used my grandmother's address which has NEVER been used to see. I used my air card (random IP) and before i did anything i used ccleaner, cleaned everything just to do it.
after i created a new user I went in to ebay and paypal both... all accounts were fine until i wanted to list a generic item. a used dvd. nothing fancy..like a 3.00 movie at that. If you must know it was "mr. deeds"

so....why after all of this i'm suspended faster than i can blink?
Old 08-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

DVDs are bad, but I cant see it being that. Mr Deeds was bad but I cant see it being that

You log your ips? And it wasnt one that had cycled by on your old account before? Some of those air cards go round the same 10 IPs or so.
Old 08-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Hey Stranger!

What code are you getting? Some are more serious than others. Some are 'we dont know who you are,please tell us' but others are ' we got you now go away'.... The code is going to be more helpful to determine wassa the matter
Old 08-14-2010
Threadstarter  

its the "abusing ebay"
i'll get the code in a sec.

H483 is the code they give me.

-------------------------------------------

i also got this message:
Attention!

Your account is currently suspended. Below you’ll find information on why and what to do next.

*Why did we suspend your account?

From experience we know that certain items and actions are more associated with fraudulent activity on eBay than others. As a precaution, we suspend an account if it gives us cause for concern. We then ask for more information before we reinstate the account.

An account suspension in these circumstances is covered in the eBay User Agreement under the heading "Abusing eBay". You can read the entire User Agreement here:

Your User Agreement

*Here's what you should do now:

Please send us all of the following information and we'll review your account:

1) A copy of your driver's license or other government-issued ID that shows your name and address.

2) A copy of a recent credit card statement, bank statement, or utility bill statement clearly showing your name and billing address.

Be sure to include on all documents the user ID and email address for the suspended account you're appealing. You can fax the information to:

US: 877-349-1798
INTL: 001 + 801-545-2700
eBay, Attention: eBay Suspension Appeals

*What happens next?

Please allow three days for us to review your account after we have received your documents. We'll then contact you via email. Your account will remain suspended until we receive and review these documents.

We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to your response so that we can resolve this matter as soon as possible.

Last edited by SaiJin; 08-15-2010 at 04:16 AM.
Old 08-14-2010

Longevity: 84%

Usually the only time I've gotten an "abusing ebay" message is if I did something out of the ordinary in the listing like say "money orders only" or used the wrong catagory or something like that, sounds like maybe you listed your first item too soon after you bought a few a things.
Old 08-14-2010
Threadstarter  

i didn't know if listing something small like a 3.00 item would cause me to shut down in 5 minutes....
if you open a new account how long do they expect you to wait to sell....i find it odd..

btw, GreenBean its nice to see you again...been at least a year or more.

Last edited by SaiJin; 08-15-2010 at 04:16 AM.
Old 08-14-2010

Longevity: 84%

It's a common pattern for stealth users to open a new account, buy a few cheap items and then list their first item for sale.
Old 08-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

H483 is usually associated with the serious MC169. That suspension is a generic ebay 'we dont like you for reasons we really dont know and have no intention of telling you.'
IS MC169 on the notice?