Ebay's sneaky trap to fool you - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-17-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 83%
Default Ebay's sneaky trap to fool you

Here is my story, and I learned the stupid lesson: NEVER EVER TRUST EBAY!!!

My account was suspended one month ago, and asked for copy of ID and utility bill. So I faxed my passport and credit card statement, and guess what, they reinstated my account on the 2nd day right after I did the fax. I was pretty happy at that time, and tried to list new item again. Then I was asked again to verified my auto payment to the seller's fee, so I put my credit card info. It went through smoothly, I successfully listed 3 listing(all clothing, yes, I think VERO). After three hours, my account was down again, WTF, and what you guess is right, my credit card was charged about $150 seller fee which I owned. And I was asked for the exactly the same things(ID, utility bill). I sent an email ask why I need to do the thing I have already done, they replied and asked me one more thing -- an invoice. OK, no problem, so I faxed again the invoice last week, and got a email from them recently said that they will not reinstate my account because I violated Ebay rule, WTH is that.

So basically it's just a stupid trap(well, I was stupid enough to fall), just to make me to pay the seller fee, and get my personal info as well.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

seen this scenario before on the forum, its all about the money.........
Old 08-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Ya, they will lie to get fees before they plant you in the ground for good. Make you think you will be fine just long enough to scoop up what they need....
Old 08-17-2010

Longevity: 79%

You got off easy..

I opened up a half.com account last year, and after a month of selling they put my account on vaction, and held onto the money from the sales I made for the month, pending faxing of my ID.. It took me a month to get them to reopen the account. Then a month later, ebay suspended my account, asking for ID.... Another week later, ebay back open. 2 months later, paypal froze my account, asking of course, for ID. Just when I thought I was done with it all... Half.com again, froze my account, asking for.. ID....

I kid you not..

After 18 months of selling, (or trying to sell), my account again today was suspended, this time due to negative feedbacks. One of my uploads of items to sell was wrong, and I didnt catch it till 24 hours later because file exchange wont contain sold items until the following day..

I promptly refunded orders that were listed in error, but that didnt stop the onslaught of negative feedbacks. Add this to several negative feedbacks because Half.com has the title of a book listed incorrectly, and I sold a dozen or so of these items, (listed by ISBN), and I got 4 negative feedbacks for a half error.. I've tried to email half on numerous occasions telling them the title is wrong, but its gone no where...

2500 orders, 253 feedbacks, 23 of them negative, 14 of them all in the last 30 days, account closed. Half owes me $4K, which I'll have to wait 90 days for, and paypal, which was holding payment until customers left feedback, will hold them for atleast 3 weeks, since customers now cant leave feedback releasing funds.. Talking about a screwed up company..
Old 08-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourbookbusiness View Post
You got off easy..

253 feedbacks, 23 of them negative,..
Accident or not, you seriously blame them for closing you down for this kind of performance?
The Following User Says Thank You to pod For This Useful Post:
rcdrivertim (08-17-2010)
Old 08-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by pod View Post
Accident or not, you seriously blame them for closing you down for this kind of performance?
when 15% of the negatives were because half.com has the incorrect title under an ISBN #, and another 70% of them were negative because I gave a refund, then yes.. I expect some consideration..

I mean seriously, if I'm going to get hit with a negative for giving a refund, then I may as while just kept the money and let them fight for a refund right? If I was out to defraud people, I could have sent a blank envelope with a tracking ID rather than provide the refund..

When an item selling for $500, is listed for $.75 (half.com minimum), you'd think a buyer would recognize that a mistake was made somewhere and not buy, or not get pissed off when they discovered the item wasnt available to receive a full refund..

Last edited by yourbookbusiness; 08-17-2010 at 06:26 PM.
Old 08-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

another 70% of them were negative because I gave a refund
70% of the buyers you gave refunds to turned around and gave you a negative? Just how bad did they want this book?
Old 08-17-2010

Quote:
70% of the buyers you gave refunds to turned around and gave you a negative? Just how bad did they want this book?
70% of my negative feedbacks were for processing a refund. Not 70% of the people I refunded gave me negatives..

College students wanting their $100 college book. They were expecting the deal of a lifetime I guess and got all pissed off that I no longer carried their book.. Go figure.

With 14 negatives in the last 30 days, 3 of them were due to half having the wrong title, 12 were for processing a refund, (2 negatives from the same individual).. 0 for my performance..

That left 9 negatives over the last year, less than 1 a month on 200+ orders a month. With 14 this month obviously means something is/was up,

Last edited by yourbookbusiness; 08-17-2010 at 06:35 PM.
Old 08-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
You got off easy..
2500 orders, 253 feedbacks, 23 of them negative, 14 of them all in the last 30 days, account closed.
It sounds like many of the negatives were beyond your control. But from THEIR perspective, they saw a 91% (approximately) positive feedback rating with 9% negatives. And over half of the negatives were incurred in one month. So, they saw a seller becoming more of a risk.

Asking eBay (and Half is, of course, owned by eBay) to look at the actual circumstances is asking too much. They rarely do this.

That is why this forum exists. Stealth is the answer.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
yourbookbusiness (08-18-2010)
Old 08-17-2010

Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Ya, they will lie to get fees before they plant you in the ground for good. Make you think you will be fine just long enough to scoop up what they need....
Happened to me:>
Old 08-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
It sounds like many of the negatives were beyond your control. But from THEIR perspective, they saw a 91% (approximately) positive feedback rating with 9% negatives. And over half of the negatives were incurred in one month. So, they saw a seller becoming more of a risk.

Asking eBay (and Half is, of course, owned by eBay) to look at the actual circumstances is asking too much. They rarely do this.

That is why this forum exists. Stealth is the answer.
I was planning to write up an appeal and fax it over to them. With less than 1 negative feedback a month, with hundreds of sales, I'm hoping a human can see that it was an accident and when I recognized the accident it was taken care of quickly.. The killer was that some of the negatives I've had in the past were also ebays fault, when they suspended my accounts (4 times now), they blocked access to orders and payment of transactions, so I couldnt get access to the sales in order to ship out the orders.

I've just had my first paypal case opened, from an order I sold on Friday.. Filed for non receipt of item, and they are opening the claim because my ebay account is closed.. Luckily its only a $4 order, but I hate the fact that people will begin to protect themself at my expense. Neutral feedback I could have justified, but I dont think I'd leave someone negative feedback if they refunded the order within 24 hours, especially considering that file exchange doesnt give sales to the seller until the next day..

I've sent half.com numerous emails requesting them to fix the title of the book on their website, without success of course..

Going to try to have the account reopened, but I'll be looking at options if they deny the request.

Last edited by yourbookbusiness; 08-18-2010 at 12:26 AM.
Old 08-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

"it was an accident and when I recognized the accident it was taken care of quickly"

If you get a rational person to see this you might be able to bounce back.

Certainly worth a shot for sure
Old 08-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

@your book, Why did you not double check the listing and the fact there was a chance of being incorrect?
Old 08-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
@your book, Why did you not double check the listing and the fact there was a chance of being incorrect?
2 shay, i always triple check my listings lol
Old 08-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
I had 100,000 items listed at any given moment this month.. You cant double check that number of items..
Old 08-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts

You Check Them BEFORE you list them, and College Students, They are the ULTIMATE Instant Gratification crowd, Lightning Fast to Punish a Seller,,, You need to be Very Careful, and Very Accurate with that Crowd,,,,just my Experience,,,Anyway
The Following User Says Thank You to slapped For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (08-19-2010)
Old 08-19-2010

No response yet from half.com, I expect it to take them over a week to get back to me, but in the meantime, 8 claims today for orders placed not even a week ago. I've never had a claim for item not arrived but now customers are all panicking because the account is showing "suspended". Talking about annoying me because these are all $5-$10 items, so no delivery confirmation is ordered with these, meaning I'm pretty much giving away my merchandise.. Obviously had I know the account was going to be closed I would send orders with tracking ID, but it doesnt make sense for cheaper items.. (besides, some of them dont qualify for tracking ID due to size limits by USPS)
Old 09-22-2010

Longevity: 80%

I was suspended on half.com June 8th and they wrote me a letter stating that I could ask for my money after 90 days which was Sept 8th and I emailed them 4 times with an auto email stating that they will get back to me 24 to 72 hours. It has been 2 weeks with no response from half.com. It is 2600.00. Should I call a lawyer?
Old 09-22-2010

Longevity: 88%

To OP, thats why you shouldn't use a real card that has real amounts of money on it to pay automatic eBay fees!! Use a VCC and pay the fees manually with PayPal.
Old 09-22-2010
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4rich View Post
I was suspended on half.com June 8th and they wrote me a letter stating that I could ask for my money after 90 days which was Sept 8th and I emailed them 4 times with an auto email stating that they will get back to me 24 to 72 hours. It has been 2 weeks with no response from half.com. It is 2600.00. Should I call a lawyer?
Yes, call a lawyer let us know what he says...