Let's Talk SEO! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 04-09-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%
Default Lets Talk SEO!

This is what I do, forget eBay for a moment. Do you have a website? Do you need SEO advice? Start creating threads, and lets talk about it!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-10-2007
Administrator
Threadstarter  

To get your site in search engine index I guess submission will be okay. It's really a thing of the past now. Now all you have to do is get a few links to your site from an already established website, and when a search engine checks the site with your links on it pointing to your site, they'll head on over to your site as well, for the most part. Overture and Google are great ways to get paid targeted traffic. I've used them a lot in the past.
Old 04-13-2007
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%

Old 04-15-2007
Administrator
Threadstarter  

Lots of keywords in your Meta tag could be considered spam which will place penalties on that page or entire site. The thing about Meta tags is they're also a thing of the past. Google doesn't use this anymore because of its abuse. Google looks mostly at your title, your content, inbound links, your internal links, and outbound links. There's a lot there, but if you have good content, that's unique and not that much competition for it, you're pages will rank high in the search engines. If you have competition for your keywords, you'll want some page rank to help boost your ranking and better internal linking.

Look up: "aspkin ebay suspension guide" on Google. I'll be number one because the keywords being used are so unique and I'm right on for those keywords, my final eBay suspension guide is listed first.

Okay now look up, "ebay suspension guide" on Google. I'm still on the first page, but there is more competition for this keywords and thus I'm not listed first. If I wanted to rank higher I would point high pr links to this page and maybe add more content.

The more unique content the better! The less your page is like someone else's, the better. The more inbound links you have the better. The better your internal linking, which I mean every page can be basically reached from your index page within 2 clicks the better. The more static your pages are, and the less dynamic URLS you have the better. I can go on and on, this is fun stuff.
Old 05-18-2007

I'm totally new to the idea of linking to other sites, inbound, outbound links, internal links, but definately interested in learning. I realize you could probably write a book on it (most likely there are some), but what are the basics? I'm looking at turning away from ebay for the future since I've noticed many a sale successful just from having a store link while ebay auctions continue to flounder along with low bids. So now that I know stores can be more successful, the object will be to get the buyers to look off ebay for my items. As I currently don't have a webpage, would it be possible to use something like Auctiva stores as a basis for your webpage until you find the time and money to create a professional looking webpage to call my own?
Old 05-18-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I'm totally new to the idea of linking to other sites, inbound, outbound links, internal links, but definately interested in learning. I realize you could probably write a book on it (most likely there are some), but what are the basics? I'm looking at turning away from ebay for the future since I've noticed many a sale successful just from having a store link while ebay auctions continue to flounder along with low bids. So now that I know stores can be more successful, the object will be to get the buyers to look off ebay for my items. As I currently don't have a webpage, would it be possible to use something like Auctiva stores as a basis for your webpage until you find the time and money to create a professional looking webpage to call my own?
Well the problem with Auctiva stores is that your stores items kicks back to your ebay auctions. So in reality all it is is a ebay store
Old 05-18-2007

I wonder if it would be possible to reroute the store to kick back to another location, whether auction or set price. Perhaps it would even be possible to have the Auctiva store and close your ebay store? I wouldn't mind paying Auctiva a nominal fee for that to "host" my wares for me. Especially if it meant not having to rely on ebay for a store.
Old 05-18-2007

I don't know if you understood Jack, but the Auctiva store isn't nothing but an Ebay store off ebay. The only items you can have in your store is the items that you have listed on ebay.

What it does is take all of your ebay items and automatically place it in your store. So whenever you sign up for auctiva and list items it get placed in your store automatically
Old 05-18-2007

Ah, so it wouldn't be possible to have those items in your Auctiva store on a continual basis even when they're not on ebay? But if it's all your items for sale at one time thrown in a "store", would you even NEED an ebay "store"? That's an extra $$ per month that could be saved. If however you're talking about ONLY when you have an ebay store set up will you be able to see items in the Auctiva store, then the ebay store would be essential. Come to think of it, why would you need an Auctiva store if you have an ebay store, and vice versa?
Old 05-18-2007

Jack,

I was comparing the auctiva store to a Ebay store thats all. I didn''t mean that the your ebay store items is the Auctiva store items. Just using it as comparison..
Old 05-19-2007

I've heard of Adwords but not so much the Yahoo sponsored search. Is either any more effective (or cheaper) than the other?
Old 05-20-2007

Do they both run about the same price and seem to give the same exposure?
Old 06-04-2007
Administrator
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
I don't believe SEO gives anywhere near the results of pay per click. I have two nearly identical sites. Call one Joe.com and one Jack.com Joe.com is linked to Google AdWords and YHOO Sponsored Search. Joe.com is selling like gangbusters off a budget of just a hundred bucks or so per month for pay per click.

Jack.com is running off the SEO only. Barely sells three units per month.

The difference in traffic and sales is astonishing.

SEO is a lot of work if you're doing it right. Content is king. If you have good content that's targeted to what you're selling, you will have traffic and potential buyers. The more targeted content you have the more traffic you'll have and more sales potentially. You need lots of high ranking in bound links as well to have your website rank well in the search engines. There is a lot of stuff needed if you only depend on SEO to make sales, it's not the best option to go because it takes a lot of time and effort, but it works in the long run. Google adwords are awesome. If you know what you're doing you can make a killing off them. Forget yahoo and MSN, they're a waste of time. Google is king. You should also start collecting emails from your customers and emailing newsletters to have them return to your website when you have sales, and discounts. Repeat business can be big, it is for me. There are lots of things you can do to makes sales. I love the internet!

A site of mine has no paid ads what so ever, only SEO, and other marketing tricks. It does thousands in sales everyday for years now. It's good stuff.
Old 06-11-2007
Administrator
Threadstarter  

I mean pay per click does any awesome job. But if you're SEO is good enough, you won't need per per click. One of my selling sites used to be nothing but pay per click, and it worked, but I was paying at the most 12k per month in ads. I simply worked harder to gain top organic positions, and created a network of traffic sites to bring in the targeted traffic and now I can save that money I used to speed in advertising in the bank. But yes, pay per click works wonders if you need targeted traffic fast. And I'm telling you, sending newsletters every week or two is awesome as well. When ever I want my sales to increase, I simply send a newsletter to my past customers, and bam I instantly have hundreds of targeted users to my site buying what ever I promote. I'm telling you modee, get your list started sooner then later. You'll thank me!
Old 06-13-2007

Pay per click is kicking me in the butt. I had to pay $18,000 in advertising fees within the last month
Old 07-15-2007
Administrator
Threadstarter  

Quote:
My newer site with SEO only (no pay per click) is starting to get some nice orders.
Ha! So what did you do to build organic traffic?
Old 07-17-2007
Administrator
Threadstarter  

Aw yes, price does sale!

Quote:
Nothing at all - just metatags. Good content?

Bottom line though is that I have the lowest prices in town for this merchandise. Anyone who finds me and is a real customer will buy.
Old 07-19-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

I thought this might help for SEO. Aspkin What do you think of this software that suppose to help with SEO. Just thought I would share it with everybody...
They even offer a professional traing SEo course.

SEO Software by Web CEO :: Search Engine Optimization Software / Complete SEO Toolkit :: Website Optimization, Promotion and Submission SEO Software
Old 07-20-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

I guess nobody understand where I'm coming from since nobody replied.
Old 07-20-2007

Longevity: 98%

Ah HA HA... Feeling lonely chris????
Old 07-21-2007
Administrator
Threadstarter  

You don't need any software for SEO. What does the software do anyway? If it builds backlinks for you then it would help.. what else could it do?
Old 07-21-2007
Administrator
Threadstarter  

The only SEO tool you need is SEO Book.. check it out here. The creator of this book a famous for his SEO understanding and plain English guide for newbie's.