Anybody sell Disney DVD's? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers

Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers Discuss Dropshipping on/off eBay, Amazon, Shopify, Etsy and other platforms.

Old 08-22-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default Anybody sell Disney DVD's?

Anybody sell Disney DVD's on Amazon successfully? I think I remember somebody saying it's difficult. I been selling various DVD tv show seasons with no problems on amazon but I wanted to check here before making an order for them.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-22-2010

I haven't yet tried selling Disney DVD's on Amazon, although I sold lots of them on eBay, along with TV Show Box Sets. I've been thinking of trying Amazon now that eBay suspended me, but for some reason, Amazon scares me a little! Do you do well there? I'd love to hear anyones suggestions for Amazon...
Old 08-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I don't know anyone who has lasted selling DVD's on Amazon. 2-3 months, tops. Even people with 100% legitimate stock get shut down.
Old 08-23-2010
Threadstarter  

Well I've only been at it a week but I have been selling 30-40 Items a day (single tv show seasons). I didn't expect them to sell that quickly but that's way more then I feel safe selling on ebay per day. I figure if I do last 1-3 months only I'll just open a new account.

It's probably a good idea I don't do disney dvd's as I guess there is no reason to and I'll just get more TV show series
Old 08-23-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

Disney DVD's are bad to sell.
They will come down on you like a ton of bricks.
Old 08-23-2010
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,535 Times in 2,189 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

DVDs in general are suicide. Amazon is extremely good at suspending people selling them.
Why not find something that's not so obvious and sell as well as maintain your accounts.

we are here to help you get a new account so it'll last for you,.... not so that you can just go and get suspended then you go open new accounts every time.

Try to think in the long run, as it's healthier and things are going to get tougher in the future.
Old 08-23-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%
Send a message via MSN to teedon Send a message via Skype™ to teedon

amazon is very stick for selling disney ,and we have some customers have some problem to selling disney on amazon before.But tv show is no problem for selling on amazon.
Old 08-23-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

The rip on disney dvd's looks small though...i guess volume comes into effect.
Old 08-23-2010
Executive [VIP]

you can not make too much profit for each set,as the price is very low
The Following User Says Thank You to teedon For This Useful Post:
rsot (08-23-2010)
Old 08-23-2010

Dvd is like a lost profit Between the sellers low balling, shipping and amazon fees lucky if you make a buck or 2.
Old 08-23-2010
Threadstarter  

Well there is quite a lot of sellers who have the lowest price on brand new movies / dvd sets that are obviously ⊗⊗⊗⊗ with hundreds of feedback and they sell quite a lot. If I do get suspended i'll probably look for something else.
Old 08-23-2010

Longevity: 85%

I've had success selling Disney DVD's. The most profitable by far is during holidays last year as I sold literally hundreds. In fact, some titles were going for $55 bucks plus right before Christmas. I did have one new account go into 30 day review as at that point I didn't have any feedback but sold 20+ Disney DVD's. I got a little too ambitious and was sure I'd get suspended but somehow, all my accounts passed review.

Having said that, I did get one account suspended several months later because of a bad batch sent to me. I received an email through amazon stating that this customer thought it wasn't real although she did not pursue matter. I then received a negative from another customer as she claimed it wasn't real as it did not even play on her computer. That account was suspended the same day she gave me negative feedback. I did receive other complaints from customers on my other accounts but I just sent them all replacements and/or refunded money.

You can make money just be cautious how you write description on comment section. A quick way to get negatives leading to permanent suspension is just shipping item and not telling customers in comment section that it comes without slipcover if you buy these Disney DVD's from overseas (which just come wrapped in plastic without Disney sticker title on top or slipcover). Trust me, nothing raises the ire of some customers more if you send without slipcover and not stating it! They would immediately suspect either it is ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or you just re-wrapping it in shrink wrap and selling as new. You'd want to avoid those customers altogether as they know all authentic Disney DVD's comes with slipcover.

Having said that, Amazon does look at what you state in comment field as well which can get you suspended if all your Disney DVD's state no slipcover if your selling new. Selling used though, you can get away with it more often and make very good profits especially during the holidays when used goes for $35 or more!

Lastly, if you peruse the internet enough, you can find independent Chinese companies that sell the Disney DVD's with the slipcover and the title sticker on top of DVD. I know of such but will keep that to myself!
Old 08-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaystrying View Post
Dvd is like a lost profit Between the sellers low balling, shipping and amazon fees lucky if you make a buck or 2.
That is true but in this instance of selling Disney DVD's during the holidays is different. Sales go extremely fast and sellers low balling quickly sell out and the more patient reap the profits. Example of which I will use what I did during last holiday season. After gauging how fast some titles sell, some were low balling prices around $22.00 and selling out within literally minutes. Not bad, but I priced my Disney movies at $45-55 for the same titles. Within an hour or two I also sold out. And once I sold out of one batch, I'd immediately move to another account and list them again and sell out. I just repeat the process over and over on all my accounts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Recherché For This Useful Post:
OfficialGenius (08-24-2010)
Old 08-24-2010
Threadstarter  

Thats awesome, by holidays you mean like a week before christmas, or all of december?
Old 08-24-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%

From early October for delivery by holidays.
Old 08-24-2010

play.com - uk disney dvds, a big no-no....made 400 in a weekend, 3 buyers had a problem, play.com withheld all my funds and refunded all my buyers - I literally had to give it all away AND deal with a fair amount of scorn.
Old 08-24-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pending View Post
play.com - uk disney dvds, a big no-no....made 400 in a weekend, 3 buyers had a problem, play.com withheld all my funds and refunded all my buyers - I literally had to give it all away AND deal with a fair amount of scorn.
This is the thing about kids movies. Parents buy them to make their kids happy. Especially at Christmas.

If the DVD is defective, and their kid is crying YOU WILL HAVE A PROBLEM!

If I send you a defective DVD of a title that you wanted for yourself, you might be OK if I just offered a replacement or a refund. It would be annoying, but you would probably just deal with it. If I disappointed your CHILD who is crying and upset on Christmas that they can't watch the Little Mermaid, then you WILL BE OUT FOR BLOOD!

Think about it.
Old 08-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
This is the thing about kids movies. Parents buy them to make their kids happy. Especially at Christmas.

If the DVD is defective, and their kid is crying YOU WILL HAVE A PROBLEM!

If I send you a defective DVD of a title that you wanted for yourself, you might be OK if I just offered a replacement or a refund. It would be annoying, but you would probably just deal with it. If I disappointed your CHILD who is crying and upset on Christmas that they can't watch the Little Mermaid, then you WILL BE OUT FOR BLOOD!

Think about it.
Quite true. I've had that happen to me...several times. Before and after Christmas. There were angry parents who wrote to me. I just have to empathize with them and their situation.

I just write back and state how disappointed and truly upset I'd be if that were to happen to my child (even though I don't have any). I'd really go all out and eventually they would kind of console me at the end. I'd immediately ship a new one expedited 1-2 day delivery. Have gotten several positives from them upon receipt of new and working Disney DVD due to 'the most excellent customer service received'.

I'm not one to deceive people as I feel a twinge of guilt but in the end my customers are happy. That's what matters to me.
Old 08-25-2010
Executive [VIP]

It is a serious issue if the dvds is defective and let the child feel disappointed.As you know,it is so important gift for the important days.You have to check all the dvds well before you send out during these days.
Old 08-26-2010

If people want to buy it, there is a way to sell it under any circumstances in my opinion. Some things are just harder to sell than others.

-Albert Einstein
Old 08-26-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamblix View Post
If people want to buy it, there is a way to sell it under any circumstances in my opinion. Some things are just harder to sell than others.
If people wanted the real deal, then sure, they can go to retail stores and hand them down 100 bucks more for the same item. At the end of the day, it about WHAT gets the job done with the least amount of money, 80% of customers don't care if it's ⊗⊗⊗⊗. As long as you supply them quality goods...

”I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else.”
Winston Churchill

“If you’re going through hell, keep going.”
Winston Churchill
Old 08-29-2010

@jeffweico - no, the dvds wre not defective, neither was it xmas....besides what kinda of a monster do you think i am?! - if the dvds don't work i would of course refund, that was not the problem. the problem was that buyers could not get their head around the fact that the dvd said region1 on it even though i explained that the disc was region free. they wanted region2 with the hologram. As usual, the buyers want 100% authentic for maybe 33% nof the RRP - i.e. cloud cuckoo land .....