suspension for low dsr need help / advice - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-13-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default suspension for low dsr need help / advice

ok here is the question:
my ebay acct1 around 2000 feedbacks got suspended for 30 days for seller non performance. it was reinstated few days ago. I have not touched or sold or listed with it since (I use another account now aroudn 800 feedback).

suspension was for low ratings in 2 out of 4 areas.

question:
next evaluation is in about a week, what will happen to this account if they see the dsr are still below acceptable.. becaue they are, and it will take several months before the numbers roll off. will they suspend account til they roll off, or seeing it just returned from suspension and how I am not listing anything, they will keep it alive thinking I am just leting it sit idle not selling til things roll off.

maybe it's best I just close it completely and use the 2nd account or maybe make nwe one? it's 2000 feedbacks so I hate to let it go, but if next evaluation I get suspended, it means I wont' be able to use any accounts. not even add new ones right?

thanks for your tips!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

1. Have you read the stealth guide? Time to get it and create new accounts.

This account is salvageable but you need to go light on it and be prepared for it to go down. Don't rely on it completely no matter what the feedback and such.

Don't need to close it completely but definitely make it a new one. Trust me when I say not to get married to your high feedback accounts - I have just recently lost a few that had high feedback.
Old 08-13-2010
Threadstarter  

thanks for the tips! well, I think my question is a very specifica case of: what happens to an account which just cvame back from 30 day suspension due to seller non perfromance.. with all the priviileges restored, but which still has below acceptable dsrs and it will remain this way til they roll off in few good months.. so what happens to such an account at next evaluation in about 1 week??? do they suspend it again? this time til ratings roll off? or they leave it open through this evaluation and through all future ones even if ratings are below standard. I have another account so I can switch to it now, I just want a situation where at next evaluation they suspend both account because of the issue with the one above.

even if I close the bad accont now, I am not sure if they wont' evaluate it in one week? sicne it takes 180 days to close compltely... will they evaluate it if I close now?

anyway, I would apperciate your input on this matter. it's a rather curious situation. haven't seen it here before on forums

tnx!
Old 08-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

it is curious but you have to be patient. don't close the account since it still breathes - do some light work on getting dsr's up - target WHY your dsr's went down in the first place.

In the meantime, time to use your skills on a new account - if you can get one to 2k feedback, why not another? Rinse and repeat - learn from the mistakes...

I am still learning from mine and I will prob make many more in the search for perfection.
Old 08-13-2010
Threadstarter  

good answer again thanks

but yuo see, I cannot do anything in one week to get dsrs up, meaning at next evaluation I will still be below standard.. so at this point I am just trying to protect myself from this accoutn getting suspended and thus disabling also my other account from being usable (or from opening new ones too).

I prefer to shut this one down altogether, and not risk that. if of course, I am risking it at all. that's what I'm trying to figure out
Old 08-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

There is no big deal between 800 and 2000 really. Let the 2k one sit for awhile and dont bother with it. Keep it open, but dont use it

Keep using the one with 800. And keep its dsr up! Check in on the 2k one in a couple months and see where its at. sell on it slowly but get those dsrs back up. And down the road it can be strong again. And if you haven't screwed up the 800 one you could have two good accounts. And like rsot suggests, no harm in getting a couple more up and work on them slowly too.
Old 08-13-2010
Threadstarter  

thanks POD. appreciate it.
but I stil do not know what they'll do to that 2000 account with low dsr come next evaluation in about a week. that's my beef. ebay evaluates it, sees dsrs below standard, do they shut it down or somehow they see it's just been restored from a 30 days low dsr suspension, and they keep it alive through this evaluation and future ones too? I say it's unlikely they keep it alive, since it's all pretty much automated, and soon as it shows low dsrs, account gets flagged and suspended. what do you think?
Old 08-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolok View Post

or somehow they see it's just been restored from a 30 days low dsr suspension, and they keep it alive
I would have to assume so. If you cant sell you cant raise it, right. Maybe sell some small stuff and just see how it goes. Slowly build it back up. If they close it, they close it.
Old 08-13-2010

Longevity: 80%

set up some stealth buying accounts, buy from yourself and leave 5 star rating.
if you do it right you should not get linked.
Old 08-24-2010

It is a computer it can be beat. I got suspended for low DSR so I simply emailed all buyers that have not left feedback yet urging them to leave a good DSR and bing I am back on ebay a few days later without so much as an email from ebay. Ebay makes this easy since it groups "awaiting feedback" a bit tedious though.
Old 08-24-2010
Executive [VIP]

Well done - way to show incentive
Old 08-28-2010

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by topseller View Post
set up some stealth buying accounts, buy from yourself and leave 5 star rating.
if you do it right you should not get linked.
ONLY BUY FROM YOURSELF in BIN format, not auction, otherwise they may ding you for shill bidding
Old 09-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

How bad were your DSR's, the low ones?