worries about paypal... and ebay - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 08-28-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Default worries about paypal... and ebay

is no one on here concerned that theres every possibility ebay and paypal security are well aware of this forum? (and if theyre not, then theyre dumber than we all thought!) surely their team have bought the book and read a lot of the posts and are probably posing as regular forum members?

maybe a lot of the new security thats been introduced over the last couple of years has been as a direct result of schemes brewed up here? (or on other forums if there are any, i found this one 1st and its been so great i didnt bother looking for advice elsewhere!) their security budget must be in seven figures at least, so is it only a matter of time till we're all screwed?

i dunno, maybe theyre not aware of us, as there still seem to be gaping loopholes in their system that we can all use relatively easily, but is no one else worried they they will all eventually be snapped shut and we'll all have to go back to the regular 9-5 like schmucks?

i dont want to sound too negative, but having been kicked out of paypal now for the 1st time and had my income terminated (temporarily of course untill i get back in) its been a very chilling reminder of how much power paypal and ebay have over my life.

anyone prepared to calm me down and tell me everythings gonna be ok? :P
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-28-2010

Longevity: 96%

Any suggestions on how to share this information anonymously and keep them out?
Whereas I'm sure there are spies on the forum (some have even been open "claiming" to with with ebay) I hardly think that we are high on the priority list for maintaining the exclusivity of their "club"
Old 08-28-2010

Longevity: 80%

You only post info about things they can't or won't change. For example a lot of people put their ad description in picture form, so the killbots can't scan for banned words.
They are not going to stop people from posting pictures of their items, so they can't change it. All they can do is have a human manually scan every pic posted. A costly and almost impossible task.
Ebay/Paypal have put up so many obstacles that I know of a few legit people that gave up trying to sell there garage sale items on there. What they don't realize is when they drive away small time sellers, which is what they want, they are also driving away a lot of potential buyers.
Old 08-28-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

There are In My opinion PLENTY of Spies here, I Think More Amazon than Paypal and Ebay.
I also know that Many of the Loopholes we use would be Way to Costly to Close, I also think that NEED us to a certain degree, Particularly Ebay, to help keep overall Prices Low.

Remember A Lot of Sellers are selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ items, and in order for Sellers Selling the real Thing to Compete they Must keep their prices LOW.

So, yea there must be certain Content that should Not Be posted Publicly,,Thats why we have Moderators and Administrators,,,
Old 08-28-2010

Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
There are In My opinion PLENTY of Spies here, I Think More Amazon than Paypal and Ebay.
I also know that Many of the Loopholes we use would be Way to Costly to Close, I also think that NEED us to a certain degree, Particularly Ebay, to help keep overall Prices Low.

Remember A Lot of Sellers are selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ items, and in order for Sellers Selling the real Thing to Compete they Must keep their prices LOW.

So, yea there must be certain Content that should Not Be posted Publicly,,Thats why we have Moderators and Administrators,,,

Very well put