Mc169 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-30-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default Mc169

I tried to open up my first stealth and got hit with an MC169 within a few hours.

Lemme paint a clear picture.
I read the stealth guide numerous times and went over it before pulling the trigger.

I went through PP first and followed all the steps
1. New name (made up)
2. New email address (gmai)
3. New address (local fast food joint)
4. New Phone number (prepaid phone)
5. New prepaid card (vanilla MC - took a few tries to add it but after registering zip code on vanilla site it went through just fine)
6. New bank account (Walmart MC - added fine - deposits came in good to verify)

Then I went over to eBay and followed the guide
1. Same name
2. same email
3. same phone
4. same address

went through the first page just fine, then they hit me with a credit card page. I wasn't expecting this at all as the stealth guide didn't mention it. Anyways I entered vanilla MC and of coarse it didn't take it at all. Came up with the page sayin that ebay doesn't accept Gift Cards (kind of expected at that point)

I was not expecting a CC page to come up on registration at all. I know I did something wrong somewhere. I hope someone can help me out. I'm waiting for some VCC's to come in from a board member but I would like to make sure I am not skipping something here. Hopefully a nice soul can help me out. Shoot me a PM if info is "too sensitive"

I figure this account is done which is fine, screw it i'll open new ones but I don't want to keep burning phone numbers and bank accounts as I will not be able to use these again.

Is the Credit Card page a new thing? or was it like that before? either way how can I get around this? did I miss something?

Thanx in advance for any help offered.

BTW here is the notice

Hello xxxxxx,

As part of eBay's security efforts, your account has been suspended pending additional account verification. To appeal this suspension, please go to:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/s...-accounts.html

Unfortunately, during the suspension you won't be able to use eBay in any way, including using existing accounts or registering new accounts. Any remaining listing fees are due right away and will be charged to the billing method you selected.

We understand this may be an inconvenience for you. However, keeping the marketplace safe is our top priority.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety team
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-30-2010

Longevity: 80%

hmm I am not familiar with the CC page on Ebay unless you are trying to sell and it needs a form of payment in that case you can add the CC to paypal to verify it then link your ebay account to paypal as your method of payment for fees and ebay will then let you sell

Another thing that is kinda questionable is the address you used. I have no idea how ebay treats addresses but if someone manually reviewed your account and google'd the address and it brought up a fast food joint it would be a cause for concern. Your better off google a condo tower in your area or townhouse complex or something and using a unit # that doesnt even exist.. Has always worked for me, but I tend to use addresses I have access to most times so Ive only tried this a few times
Old 08-30-2010
Threadstarter  

Good call on the address. I will surely change my strategy. But yeah I def got the CC page after entering name, email, etc... It would not let me get through it. I left it alone and went back and signed in with the account and it brought up the same page again, would not let me get around it. I figured I would get a VCC and go back and put it in but looks like I didn't have enough time. Anyone know any prepaid cards that work for eBay or confirm that VCC's will get me past this?
Old 08-31-2010
MU

Longevity: 81%

the credit card page comes up for me too. i used netspend and greendot got thru it fine if i remember.
The Following User Says Thank You to FandangoKango For This Useful Post:
banned4life (08-31-2010)
Old 08-31-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FandangoKango View Post
the credit card page comes up for me too. i used netspend and greendot got thru it fine if i remember.
the netspend and greendot unregistered ones? the temp card?
Old 08-31-2010
Threadstarter  

figured out why I got the Abusing eBay message.

I had bought a virgin mobile broadband MC760 (BTW its a real POS)
anyways it was used (bought on eBay)
it was registered in the midwest therefore it kept getting a midwest US IP address (I looked it up) I am located on the East Coast US and I registered the account in the East Coast US thinking I had gotten a local IP address, not the case as this broadband modem is a piece of crap and gets a Static IP (and horrible reception). I did not know this before I bought it, anyways I found out the hard way so I would certainly advise buying one of these (I have one for sale BTW if you are interested LoL) I just got my Droid X and rooted it for free WiFi tether, now this certainly gets a different IP address everytime it is rebooted and is blazing fast = perfect. gonna put it to the test tonite.

I would still love to confirm any prepaid cards that will get me past the CC verification page on eBay if anyone wants to chime in. I have searched the forums and have not found any recent info on this.

I hope someone could take something from this, just tryin to share for the greater knowledge
Old 08-31-2010

Longevity: 80%

great to know what was at the bottom of it. But wondering why it snagged you on the credit card phase, instead of earlier, or maybe that is just the hurdle point, where they snag people...
Old 08-31-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM View Post
great to know what was at the bottom of it. But wondering why it snagged you on the credit card phase, instead of earlier, or maybe that is just the hurdle point, where they snag people...
thats where i thought i was snagged but the IP address issue seems more likely as it was goin back to detroit and the account was being registered in NY. just a thought. I just never went back to put in the Credit Card - good thing, it would have been a waste
Old 09-01-2010
MU

Longevity: 81%

Aw :( THIS SUCKS! i just got bought one off ebay a few days ago and its coming my way lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by banned4life View Post
figured out why I got the Abusing eBay message.

I had bought a virgin mobile broadband MC760 (BTW its a real POS)
anyways it was used (bought on eBay)
it was registered in the midwest therefore it kept getting a midwest US IP address (I looked it up) I am located on the East Coast US and I registered the account in the East Coast US thinking I had gotten a local IP address, not the case as this broadband modem is a piece of crap and gets a Static IP (and horrible reception). I did not know this before I bought it, anyways I found out the hard way so I would certainly advise buying one of these (I have one for sale BTW if you are interested LoL) I just got my Droid X and rooted it for free WiFi tether, now this certainly gets a different IP address everytime it is rebooted and is blazing fast = perfect. gonna put it to the test tonite.

I would still love to confirm any prepaid cards that will get me past the CC verification page on eBay if anyone wants to chime in. I have searched the forums and have not found any recent info on this.

I hope someone could take something from this, just tryin to share for the greater knowledge
Old 09-02-2010
Banned

Longevity: 82%

guys, you are talking how to creat one new ebay.Stealth Book don't teach you . if you want to know ,you can try to ask for "Doughboykilla" help .of course, it will be much easier to buy new one in this forum .
Old 09-02-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaydropship View Post
guys, you are talking how to creat one new ebay.Stealth Book don't teach you . if you want to know ,you can try to ask for "Doughboykilla" help .of course, it will be much easier to buy new one in this forum .

I got it all sorted out. I was using a mobile broadband card. I believe I was being geo-tagged by the IP I was using. The IP was going back to Michigan and the account info was for NY. I figured the Credit Card page I got was because of this as an extra verification step.

I have since opened another account using a Local IP with a different mobile broadband service and did not get this same Credit Card page for verification.
Old 09-05-2010

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by banned4life View Post
I got it all sorted out. I was using a mobile broadband card. I believe I was being geo-tagged by the IP I was using. The IP was going back to Michigan and the account info was for NY. I figured the Credit Card page I got was because of this as an extra verification step.

I have since opened another account using a Local IP with a different mobile broadband service and did not get this same Credit Card page for verification.
It couldn't have been the IP location the issue. People use dial up all the time so the IP goes to different states.
Old 09-05-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficialGenius View Post
It couldn't have been the IP location the issue. People use dial up all the time so the IP goes to different states.
Don't know what else it could have been then. I ditched that mobile broadband card and starting tethering my cell phone for internet connection using somewhat local addresses for registration information (within 10 - 20 miles) and have had no problems creating and keeping accounts (for a few days so far anyway) . The credit card page I spoke of in OP did not come up at all when using my tethered cell. I am not disagreeing with you but just simply stating my experience.