new to ebay - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 09-03-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default new to ebay

I was just suspended and they cant tell me why.... Its like I did some thing wrong and the customer service rep from from ebay could not tell me what I did wrong to get suspended... I pay through pay pal(direct banking) I only buy things never sold anything. I dont owe anyone Does any one know whats going on .

Last edited by loger; 09-03-2010 at 07:49 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-03-2010

Longevity: 82%

That's weird, I never heard of a buyer's account getting suspended. What was the violation or what did the e-mail say about the suspension? It seems odd that they would just suspend you for absolutely no reason.
Old 09-03-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Ah, are you sure it's a real email and not phishing?

Are there alerts when you sign into your ebay account?
Check the sellers' accounts of your last transactions. If one of them is suspended pending checks you might be associated (Maybe, I dont know, but it sounds good ) We need to look at all options...
Old 09-04-2010
Threadstarter  

It was real , since I spoke the a customer service rep, he was unable to find out why the account was suspended.
They requested a copy of my drivers licience and a utility bill ..and I sent it by fax.
So far no word from ebay. To make it clear I am only a buyer and not a seller.And I owe nothing . Is there another tel number I may call to get more info......
Old 09-04-2010
Threadstarter  

this is what they wrote <<Hello, Thank you for contacting eBay. I am sorry to inform you that, since we have limited access to the tools, we are unable to check the reason behind suspension. Don't worry, in this case, you can contact our Trust and safety team viaphone. Here are the steps to obtain Trust and safety team phone number: 1. Sign in to your account visiting this link: eBay - Deals on new and used electronics, clothing, collectables and more on eBay 2. Click "Contact us" tab. 3. In the provided box "Tell us about your question" enter the word "Suspend" and click ask button. 4. Call us button will appear. It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing eBay. Regards, Randy S. eBay Customer Support
Old 09-04-2010

Longevity: 82%

"I am sorry to inform you that, since we have limited access to the tools, we are unable to check the reason behind suspension"

...eBay can be so ****ing stupid sometimes. How can they just suspend people for no reason than tell you "we can't figure out why we suspended you". It's like "Hey you're suspended...but I don't know why...good luck!"

Had to get that rant out of the way. It seems like a random identity check. As soon as they receive your information and get around to it you'll probably be reinstated. I would keep calling or e-mailing to make them hurry their asses up.

-Albert Einstein
Old 09-06-2010

Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamblix View Post

...eBay can be so ****ing stupid sometimes. How can they just suspend people for no reason than tell you "we can't figure out why we suspended you". It's like "Hey you're suspended...but I don't know why...good luck!"

Remember it's ebay
They are like the spoiled kid that when you ask why their answer is

"Because"

They just take their ball and go home.

I really can't see why ebay shuts down so many accounts, but they are smart for acquiring Skype...just think of the money they must rake in from all of those numbers that people bought for their stealth accounts.

Only a matter of time before they buy Tracfone!
Old 09-07-2010
Threadstarter  

Hello everyone, Well I just spoke to ebay again and now they say i am a high security risk. And the account can never appealed. Again i told them I am only a buyer..so far i have bid on items like jewlery, ph meter , braclets, radio, most of these bid I have won and paid for through pay pal.. So i do not understand why i am a high security risk to ebay...does anyone have any Idea what could this mean .
Thank you
Old 09-10-2010
Threadstarter  

Well they reinstated me Here is what was sent by email and the account is working fine now... ""Thank you for faxing eBay the documentation in connection with your suspended account, it was very helpful. I can certainly understand yourconcerns regarding your account status. After further review, I am pleased to inform you that I have reinstated your account to full activity. Please understand that the prior action taken was done to help protect you, as the member, and the entire eBay Community and we appreciate your support and patience in this process. We value you as a member of the eBay Community and wish you future success in all of your buying and selling activities with us. It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing eBay."" I guess they are just doing normal security checks....
Old 09-10-2010

Longevity: 78%

nice to hear you get back you ebay account

i sent a fax including my drivers license ,userid, mail addres, and a billing form that an adress on it.
i got a multiple register suspension alert , i hope they reinstate acc soon !

how long take to reply fax back via email?
Old 09-11-2010
Threadstarter  

Default getting news from ebay

It took me about one week , but I wrote a very serious note about how they must have made some kind of error...along with sending them all my ID.

Good luck