Paypal question - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 11-13-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default Paypal question

Aspkin, it it possible to create a US account using a foreign IP address making it seem that you are from another country. I have been trying to figure out ways to get buy the paypal limitation. The forum speaks about international users not being required to have a SS#. Users of eBay love Paypal and do not want to get away from using it.

Someday I will need to sit down and really consider the shopping cart/merchant account approach..

Thank you
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-14-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

That won't work, it's best to move away from Paypal altogether. Any way you use Paypal with eBay, the accounts will link and you can't use the same account with multiple eBay accounts. It's better to use Google Checkout, or other merchant accounts.
Old 11-16-2007
Threadstarter  

Yea, I'm using my legit paypal account to send invoices to my ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ebay accounts. More work and it will take one complaint to screw that paypal account up.
Old 11-16-2007
Administrator

That will probably link you in the long run.. It's best to use something like Google Checkout and send invoices to customers, or even Auctivia with a merchant account (MerchantPlus). It automates the process instead of sending invoices. You can ask Chris Hanson more about this, it's what he does.
Old 11-16-2007

Longevity: 97%

I've had no problems using my old paypal by sending them an invoice under "goods" (not ebay). When you do that, there is no way for the buyer to enter the ebay ID (I checked by sending myself an invoice). I'm slowly rolling over to regular pp checkout for the higher end items. I don't want to go too fast with my new pp.
Old 11-16-2007
Administrator

Another option is to have a new Paypal account per eBay account. But that takes more work to make sure you don't link accounts. When you get the chance, check out other options. It's the difference between staying on eBay for months even years at a time compared to only a few weeks. Eventually I want everyone to use only eBay and no affiliated program. Meaning no Paypal, Turbolister, Skype, etc. The more eBay programs you use with eBay, the better chance eBay has to link you accounts.
Old 11-17-2007
Threadstarter  

I currently do have one paypal account per ebay account. The only problem is obtaining the unlimited status. Sometimes People will send the payment to the paypal accounts instead of paying me by the invoices I send them. I've learned to keep a few dollars in each paypal account to pay the monthly fees.

Aspkin, I do hear you about getting away from paypal for good. I am finding it difficult to not use Paypal with ebay. After the holidays I need to sit down and develope a plan to get away from Paypal with eBay.
Old 11-17-2007
Administrator

I'll try to find ways for people like you to do that with the Paypal linking guide.
Old 11-18-2007
Threadstarter  

One one account, I have a feedback over 10 so I remove the Paypal option on that account. So far people are letting me send them a PayPal invoice without any problems. My other accounts, have sold a lot but people are not leaving me feedback. I should be over 10 on all but stll waiting for some feedbacks.

I could use VC to pay the fees but I'm trying to make the ebay/paypal accounts look legit by paying the fees through paypal.

FYI Main ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ebay/Paypal account is 7 weeks old. So far so good. Having taken in $304.00. No limitation so far.

Second account is also 7 weeks old. So far so good. Have taken in $158 dollars. No limitation so far.

Third account is 6 weeks old. So far so good. Have taken in $85 dollars. no limitation so far.

I have had to only once request money from my first account because I had over 300 and was afraid that it was going to get locked up for 6 months.

By playing it safe, I want to see how long they stay up before getting limited.

remaining six accounts have a Paypal attached to them however I have been lucky to not receive money into those accounts.
Old 12-01-2007
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 17%
Longevity: 95%
Default paypal safe

Quote:
Originally Posted by vers0 View Post
One one account, I have a feedback over 10 so I remove the Paypal option on that account. So far people are letting me send them a PayPal invoice without any problems. My other accounts, have sold a lot but people are not leaving me feedback. I should be over 10 on all but stll waiting for some feedbacks.

I could use VC to pay the fees but I'm trying to make the ebay/paypal accounts look legit by paying the fees through paypal.

FYI Main ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ebay/Paypal account is 7 weeks old. So far so good. Having taken in $304.00. No limitation so far.

Second account is also 7 weeks old. So far so good. Have taken in $158 dollars. No limitation so far.

Third account is 6 weeks old. So far so good. Have taken in $85 dollars. no limitation so far.

I have had to only once request money from my first account because I had over 300 and was afraid that it was going to get locked up for 6 months.

By playing it safe, I want to see how long they stay up before getting limited.

remaining six accounts have a Paypal attached to them however I have been lucky to not receive money into those accounts.

I think if you need to have that paypal account to sell internationally, what you are doing is good, I am going to try the same thing and just move small amounts through paypal until it is at least 90 days, and use a merchant account for all larger items. There is no way to sell internationally on other sites without linking to paypal, UNLESS YOU CAN CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT IN SAY UK BUT USING A US ADDRESS, SO YOUR IP MATCHES YOUR US ADDRESS, BUT YOU ARE GOVERNED BY THE RULES OF THAT COUNTRYS SITE, IE NO PAYPAL BECAUSE CERTAIN COUNTRIES ACTUALLY PREFER BANK TRANSFERS TO PAYPAL. HMMM
Old 12-01-2007
Threadstarter  

I actually do receive a lot of orders from other countries (which surprises me). My PP accounts are not verified and will most likely get limited soon. I did find a way to prevent payments from going into the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ paypal accounts however will not post on this forum. I'll give you a hint, .................Auctiva......