Questions RE Low DSR's - Do I have Problems Or ? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 09-12-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default Questions RE Low DSR's - Do I have Problems Or ?

Greetings,

I come seeking advice concerning my ebay account which I have had for some 6 odd years without problem until now, I have tried to find answers on google and each time this forum comes up top of the list but I have been unable to find the answers I need and so wish to pick your brains if I may.

Until this year I have had no problems at all.

In March I received my first neg for a supposed faulty item but was not contacted by the buyer and attempts at contact by me were ignored and I was unable to resolve.

And in the last 30 days I have received excessive low DSR’s ( 1 for description, 2 for comms, 4 for dispatch time and 3 for postage costs ), ever since the introduction of adding dispatch times I have it stated that dispatch is upto 3 days and 90% of the time dispatch next day.

Currently my DSR totals are 4.9/4.9/4.8/4.8 over 297 sales in the last 12 months and my feedback total is just under 800.

Sept 20th will be the next evaluation and I will be over the 3 allowed low DSR’s on dispatch and at the 3 limit for postage costs.

Where do I stand and what do I do ?

On the September eval I’m guessing its not bad enough to get me suspended just lowered in listings, but what happens after that ?

If I stop selling for a few months and then start selling again and I get another low DSR in Nov or Dec will that be added to the total and thus run the risk of being suspended or are the DSR’s from Septembers evaluation not taken into account in the next .. if they are I’m guessing this account would be too fragile to consider using until August next year !

I’m just not 100% sure how the figures are worked out over the course of a year / months / quarter etc etc

Apologies if I seem a tad thick on the subject and as such welcome any advice or insight.

Many thanks indeed for your time
A
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-12-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

I too need to know about this, I have the same problem.
Old 09-13-2010

Longevity: 80%

This is what I did because I could not find advice.

I deleted my accounts that were in danger of being slapped with a 30 day suspension for low DSR's. I'd rather lose an account with a couple thousand feedback than not be able to sell for a month on my several other accounts. New account created, and I'm alright.
Old 09-13-2010

Have you received a note by ebay yet, saying you are a non performing seller -
if yes, then its not good. It is not terminal the first time, they will take down all your listings and suspend you for 30 days. The second time within 6 months and you are suspended

what can you do now - nothing

- other than create a stealth account.

The SNP notice will stay on your dashboard for 6 mths,

I suggest working other accounts
Old 09-13-2010

Do you think if one gets suspended for low DSRs, we can just operate on another non-stealth eBay account?
Old 09-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

You could CONCEIVABLY operate for some time but why bother taking the risk of becoming shut down again?

Not worth the time and trouble to keep holding your breath for normal account functioning....
Old 09-13-2010
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the replies,

Thus far I have not received any messages concerning this from ebay however my last review my low DSR’s were only 1/0/1/0 and the next review is on the 20th Sept so guess I may get one then.

I’ll leave the account alone till the review in Nov and see what the DSR’s are in that review, if they roll over for 12 months I.E low DSR’s from Sept 2010 stay till Sept 2011, then I will leave the account alone till then and get my sister to set an account up as she doesn’t have one and has a separate address / bank etc.

I guess I’ll just have to pop over to hers once a week and list my stuff on her laptop, I should be able to manage any messages / questions through an email account rather than having to log onto it from my PC at my house.

Just a tad sad that after 6 years of flawless sales and 297 sales in the last 12 months it only takes 4 people disappointed with the speed they received their parcels can destroy the account just like that.

And how on earth 3 people left 3 low DSR's for postage costs is beyond me my items are either

free post costing me 32p for a 32p stamp and evelope
or charge
£1.75, costing me £1.50 for a stamp and 50p for a jiffy bag

If I’m honest in a way I’m surprised the account is still active, I tried to set up an ebay account in 2002 but it got suspended straight away as my father had an account at the same address but hadn’t been used since he passed away and no one knew the account details and as you can guess ebay didn’t care / want to know so was unable to create one for my address ( I’m guessing his account was blocked / banned as he had items listed at the time he passed away and probably had unfulfilled sales and or a problem with a sale(s) that went unresolved ).

I then in 2004 started dating someone who had just set an account up at her parents house with no linked paypal account, she moved in with me, never changed the address or any other info. Then I started to use the account more than her till she eventually stopped using it, we broke up I kept the account going not changing a detail on the account using 2 non verified paypal accounts neither of which belong to me but rather my brother in law and a friend both with different addresses ( again the details on these are old and no longer exist, none of the addys on paypal / ebay match, the phone number and email haven’t existed for almost 5 years. Just paid the fees with paypal as the credit card on file doesn’t exist anymore either and managed the messages received through ebay.

Just about the only thing that links me to the accounts in anyway is my IP and even that’s behind a proxy most of the time due to my ISP.

Guess I’ve been lucky until now.

Hey Ho well thanks for the advice, I guess I just play the waiting game for now.
Old 09-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

Have you only gone over the DSR expectations by 1 on shipping rates and 0 on the others?
Old 09-13-2010
Threadstarter  

As Described is 1 ( which is from Aug/Sept 2010 )
Comms is 2 ( 1 is from March 2010 and the other Aug/Sept 2010 )
Dispatch time is 4 ( all 4 from Aug/Sept 2010 )
Postage Costs is 3 ( 1 from March 2010 and 2 from Aug/Sept 2010 )

These are as shown in the seller dashboard over 12 month period

Last review report from 20th Aug shows 1/0/1/0 ( both of those lows were from March 2010 )

So with 2 low DSR's from March 2010 being on Augusts evaluation I'm guessing my current 1/2/4/3 low dsrs will be there till March 2011 when it will go down to 0/2/3/3 untill September 2011 when it will be at 0/0/0/0 ... in otherwords I need to get my sister to set an account up for me to use till next September ...... boooogerit.
Old 09-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

You've only gone over in dispatch time, you'll be fine.
Old 09-13-2010

i only went over in shipping time , and i am not fine
Old 09-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM View Post
i only went over in shipping time , and i am not fine
What did they do to the account?
Old 09-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBayMafia View Post
Do you think if one gets suspended for low DSRs, we can just operate on another non-stealth eBay account?
if you get suspended for any reason, including low DSR, you can't operate on another regular account if it is linked in any way, you have the option to open and run a stealth account
Old 09-15-2010

forummember,

got suspended
Old 09-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

@JEM

How bad was it?
Old 10-23-2010

got restricted for low ratings in the shipping category. Then my second account was also restricted by being linked somehow.

Oh well. Only way to not be affected is by offering Low Shipping. 90% of my packages were shipped within 12 friggin' hours of the time of payment, and most took 3-4 days to get there, as most were First Class.
Old 02-05-2011

Longevity: 77%
Lightbulb Idea for dsr improvement

I had a guy in France buy from on three different occasions on two separate accounts (1x1/2x2nd).

The last time i checked and he gave me a low rating (lower than 5) in the cost of shipping category.
I then quickly blocked him as a buyer immediately in order to stop the bleeding.

I then lowered my shipping cost for all of my international customers who i just use USPS First Class Intl.

Since i cant print those labels at home/office, i just take those directly to the local post office and the postage amount is always visable unlike my domestic labels here at home. I probably lost around $13.00 or so in lost postage cost, but at least i just bought at least 5 or 6 of those buyers, i should be able to improve my DSR a little bit and get it back up yo five at least on 6 accounts.
Just a thought. Sometimes in business we have to pay to make money.