Suspension Experience - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 12-05-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
Default Suspension Experience

I just found one of my suspended accounts being discussed online. It seems that because I missed an email for a couple of days around Thanksgiving someone questioned my address info vs what is on file and told ebay. That was the same day as the suspension.

Since we are all working on ⊗⊗⊗⊗ data, could someone questioning that data be the root of most undoings? I bring this up because we may be giving ebay too much credit on the photo matching and some of the subtleties they seem to have.

Thanks again for everyones help.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-05-2007

I agree. I think your Competitors are problems on ebay, as ebay doesnt look at the whole picture- those around for a while- know all the tricks, they dont realize ebay isso big, theres enough for free enterprise for al of us. The customers who get the 99 cent auction wins, seem to me to be the biggest headache... the ones paying $40-$100 for the SAME item, are fine, theyre happy- I've had mutual fb withdrawl for at least 20 buyers in the 99cent--$under $10 range over the last 6 yrs.
Old 12-05-2007
Banned

Yeah in the early days I used to get the " incorrect Contact infomation message" then you would have to update it or they would suspend. Now they just send out "abusing ebay" for everything.
Old 12-07-2007
Threadstarter  

They cannot get the complete address, but they can request info which is name (⊗⊗⊗⊗ and does not match my payment info) and phone and city (⊗⊗⊗⊗ I used a town near me). When that does not match the payment request from me, they blabbed to ebay and on another web forum.

Also, I have had two people this week send requests that I "send them an invoice through ebay and then they will pay." What do I do about that?
Old 12-07-2007

HI- If you do not have paypal chosen as default, or linked- i send the ebay invoice they cherish... at the bottom- here's verbatim-- at the pyt instruction section---(in my auctions- it says clearly- please WAIT for the link to pay, with PAYPAL, or any credit card....

" HI- Here's the link to pay, with our Merchant Account, ccnow. You can choose PAYPAL, or ANY Major Credit Card, American Express, Visa, Master Card, Diners Club, Carte Blanche, JBL, or Debit Card". ALl secure + with 100% Buyer Protection
Thanks! We ship SAME DAY as Payment recd!
Here's the copy and paste lin- in case your email went to your spam box:
httP://www.ccnow.com/payemnts/auctions/ebay/123456789
Old 12-07-2007

boy my typing is bad--- maybe my eyes are going????
Its Here's the LINK to pay......
Old 12-07-2007
Threadstarter  

That is good advice. Thank you, I guess I need to get a ccnow account. I was using Google CO, but with the new account requirement of paypal or proof of a merchant account, I had people autamaticlly paying with paypal before they saw my invoice.
Old 12-07-2007

HI- just be very aware of their "paydays"... example- when i frist signed up i thought i read the contract thats like 16 pages.. well, anyhow got my first direct depoist on the anniversary of my 1 month pay date, as they state, so it slike 45-60 days out, then u have to keep an eye on the closing dates, close your auctions accordingly-- ex: they pay on the 1st + 16th @ month-- this will include what was SHIPPED, by the 15th + 30th preceeding, so if you have expensive items, people dont pay u till 30th- u wait to add tracking number--it then falls on the 1st- so now it sits till that period closes
>> which is the 15th, then you get it 2 wks later---hope thats not too confusing??
>> took me about 4 times reading+ re reading to understand..BUT, its like a savings acct with no interest---you DO get it- no holds like paypal, but you wait...Merchant account alternative: CCNow, fast sign up, costs $9.95 to join. have ran over $15,000 through since mid august now-- no holds, had 2 buyer "Inquiries"--
>>people lonely i guess wanting some attention, like paypal gives, i marked them closed/thats it. closed. told customers-return the 9.99 item, and i will refund less shipping.