Paying for DHgate order - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers

Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers Discuss Dropshipping on/off eBay, Amazon, Shopify, Etsy and other platforms.

Old 09-24-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default Paying for DHgate order

I have been burned before by Paypal for paying DHgate in the past. I looked around the boards and can't see anything solid on this.

Payin with PayPal is out of the question so how about?
Western Union - Takes a few extra days for what I read but is it worth it? Can you get a refund if something was to happen to package?

Good Old credit card? advantage here would be the chargeback feature, anyone have to use it? I don't feel too comfortable using my personal credit card with them as I don't know who processes info or if and where it gets stored. I sure dont want to be played like a shmuck

Last option I was thinking is going out and gettin a PrePaid or ReLoadable card with just enough $$ on it to complete transaction that way if anyone tries to do anything sneaky it could work with chargebacks and who really cares if a shaddy character got that info, I'll just toss the card. (with no $$$ on it of coarse)

was wondering if anyone would have any thoughts on this.
Thanx in advance
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-24-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by banned4life View Post
I have been burned before by Paypal for paying DHgate in the past. I looked around the boards and can't see anything solid on this.

Western Union - Takes a few extra days for what I read but is it worth it? Can you get a refund if something was to happen to package?

Good Old credit card? advantage here would be the chargeback feature, anyone have to use it? I don't feel too comfortable using my personal credit card with them as I don't know who processes info or if and where it gets stored. I sure dont want to be played like a shmuck

Last option I was thinking is going out and gettin a PrePaid or ReLoadable card with just enough $$ on it to complete transaction that way if anyone tries to do anything sneaky it could work with chargebacks and who really cares if a shaddy character got that info, I'll just toss the card. (with no $$$ on it of coarse)

Thanx in advance
Their E-Wallet is good. Usually, the money is credited to your account the same day or the next day although they always say that it could take 2-3 business days.

You are still covered under excrow, so the seller does not get paid until you complete the order.

Good luck using a credit card to pay. No matter which option I choose, it always takes me to PayPal. They seem to want only PayPal payments.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
banned4life (09-24-2010), Waldo (12-13-2010)
Old 09-24-2010

Longevity: 85%

A problem using Paypal? I've never has an issue using my Paypal to buy from DHgate. Not sure how it is an issue. I've bought in the high teens of thousands of dollars using just my Paypal to pay for it.
Old 09-25-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Their E-Wallet is good. Usually, the money is credited to your account the same day or the next day although they always say that it could take 2-3 business days.

You are still covered under excrow, so the seller does not get paid until you complete the order.

Good luck using a credit card to pay. No matter which option I choose, it always takes me to PayPal. They seem to want only PayPal payments.
jeff I just made a DHgate order and paid by CC with no problems. went thru as quick if not quicker then PayPal. Now I am just thinking about who gets this CC information - DHgate or the actual vender? I would assume DHgate processes the Credit card payment and releases it to the seller with their own system. I hope thats the case, as good as the supplier is I sure as sh!t dont want him havin my CC details. Oh well, i guess a little vigilance on the CC statement for the next month is due just to play it safe.
Old 09-25-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

The sellers never see your credit card information. DHgate does, but they may not even keep it on file. Mot merchant account providers prefer that the data not be kept in the merchant's system any longer than is necessary to process the order.
Old 09-25-2010

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
I have been burned before by Paypal for paying DHgate in the past.
In what way were you burned using paypal?

I have a dispute open at the moment on dhgate and I figured if they didn't do the right thing, I could always do a dispute through paypal for it.
Old 09-25-2010

Quote:

Thanx in advance
1. Your credit card info wont be stored and if it does i dont think dhgate will risk loosing their merchant provider for doing fraudulent transacionts and getting chargebacks.

2. Pre loadable are out of the question you cant do chargebacks on them.

3. western union, is still out of the question, your best bet is a credit card not a debit card, so you can do a chargeback. and pay via paypal so if you lose the paypal dispute you then do a chargeback with your credit card.
Old 09-25-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillconfused View Post
In what way were you burned using paypal?

I have a dispute open at the moment on dhgate and I figured if they didn't do the right thing, I could always do a dispute through paypal for it.
Got all eBay accounts linked to that Paypal suspended. I wasn't burned with any disputes or anything
Old 09-26-2010

Longevity: 82%

Ah, the old paying dhgate with the PP that's attached to your ebay account. I did that too.
I still have that PP account and still use it to pay for dhgate, might as well now....
Old 09-27-2010

Why not just pay using your credit card? Processes instantly and no trouble with linking to your ebay account.
Old 09-27-2010

Longevity: 88%

I use one paypal account with my real credit card to buy from dhgate, and this is the same account that I use to withdraw to my bank account , so far nothing happened.

Create a new paypal account only with your real CC only to buy from dhgate. Another one with you real bank info to withdraw your money from ebay (must be old), and another one with your stealth info.
The Following User Says Thank You to pla123 For This Useful Post:
Sandy D (11-04-2010)
Old 12-04-2010

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

Ya gotta do the work to find the best sellers on DHGate. Some of them are looking to make a few bucks with some scams and be gone. Imagine...almost nothing in there sells for less than 300 bucks total.

Now when the AVERAGE SALARY in China is around 320 USD. There isn't much thought needed to see newbie sellers COULD be scammers.
Old 12-09-2010

Longevity: 78%

Quote:

I don't mean to bump a dead thread but how exactly do you use this e-wallet? I would prefer to use a buying-only Paypal account but since all of my accounts keep getting linked (address) I'm thinking of alternate methods of buying my inventory.

I know when you "activate" the wallet they give you information as to which bank you should transfer money to... How do you do it?

I've sent an Interac transfer but that is it :P
Old 12-13-2010

Longevity: 77%

used a new dhgate seller for a year and a half brought over £15000 worth of goods from him not a problem all done over paypal , but im from the UK and may have just got lucky.
Old 12-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

I've bought loads of things from one DHGate account using many different Paypal accounts; no problems here.
Old 12-13-2010

Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

Don't do WU or Moneygram...this is what the scammers use!

Paypal protects you in DH because DH is the escrow and sellers don't get paid UNTIL confirmation and feedback or 30 days.

Quote:

Thanx in advance
Old 12-13-2010

Longevity: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by holymoly View Post
Don't do WU or Moneygram...this is what the scammers use!

Paypal protects you in DH because DH is the escrow and sellers don't get paid UNTIL confirmation and feedback or 30 days.
The WU or Moneygram payment to DH also goes into escrow.
Old 11-09-2011

Can you use greenodt or walmart prepaid card on dhgate.com?
Old 11-12-2011

Longevity: 90%

Quote:

that's odd jeff, i'm always able to pay with credit card (mastercard) without going through paypal...perhaps it's the category your buying from?
Old 11-12-2011

Longevity: 77%

its not the buying its the selling that ebay/paypal is concerned about. because paypal doesnt know for sure what you bought from dhgate, it only shows "payment to dhgate".
because there is almost everything you can think of from dhgate, from clothes to car parts to electronics, although they are knows for selling vero items, they still do have alot of unbranded products, but when paypal/ebay sees you selling vero items and all your payments are to dhgate, then they will just assume thats where you get them. Thats why the limitation usually asks you for invoices from supplier.