It's been 3 months and paypal is STILL holding my money - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 09-25-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Default It's been 3 months and paypal is STILL holding my money

I started off my new ebay on JUN 14, so a little over 3 months ago, same with paypal. I started off slowly selling low priced items, like clothing. After about 10 good transactions paypal stopped holding my money, then that's when I committed the mistake or so I think this was the reason and sold a high priced item. Was a little over $100, paypal began holding my money with not only the bag I sold but EVERYTHING. This message is displayed on the screen on top every time I log in:

Important message about your account. From now on, money you receive will be temporarily held in a pending balance. To learn more, please read our funds availability policy.

It has been about a good 2 months and paypal is still holding my money,(not releasing after a buyer leaves feedback or after 21 days because I add tracking number and paypal still won't release it even if it was delivered and buyer does not leave FB) I sell only clothes, nothing like designer but clothes ranging from $20-40, sometimes less. Most of my customers are international so i don't know if that has anything to do with it, although 2 months I think is a little LONG?!

I have over 80+ feedback and not had any disputes, cases, negative FB at all. I have a lot of money pending in my paypal and I would LOVE to get it released or just get that stupid hold off! Should I call paypal?

Heres the kicker, about a month ago my brother started a new paypal account and ebay account, his PP got limited, he had to provide info, ssn, all that jazz, so he finally just gave up and stopped using it all together and hasn't logged in since. My question is..since he was using that PP for a good week and it got limited and we were sharing an IP number if I were to call PP to solve this issue would they link the accounts? We're totally 2 different people and I'm not selling anything high risk?...PLEASE HELP!
:(
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-25-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyna View Post
not releasing after a buyer leaves feedback or after 21 (
Thats unusual. Are you sure account isnt limited? I would call them. Is this stealth? Or real info?

Quote:
we were sharing an IP number(
yes, accounts are linked. Again, is this real info or stealth? If its stealth you may have some problems here. If its real and you are not selling knock offs, most certainly call them up
Old 09-25-2010
Threadstarter  

It is not stealth, it is ALL real info. and no, that not I'm aware of, I can still send money to my bank once it is released(buyer leaves FB or it's been 21 days) I can do everthing except it's been a good 2 months and it is still in hold? I thought about creating a whole new paypal? would it just be easier to call them up?

And no knock offs, which is something I'm super excited about too, and have all the receipts and documentation for everything I'm selling
Old 09-25-2010
Executive [VIP]

Call them. For one, calling PayPal is not a death sentence.

Your biggest issue will be your brothers account. May be an issue, but if both of you are in the up and up it can be fixed

But call them and see why they are not releasing the cash.
Old 09-25-2010
Threadstarter  

We'll he gave up on it, his account was limited completely until he could provide all the info was his..but he hasn't been on in over 2 months and he used it for like a week, so it's still open, it's not closed, just untouched but i am up and running for over 3 months, I just don't want to call and get sidelined by them!
:\
Old 09-25-2010
Executive [VIP]

Its your call to make. If you want things to stay the way they are just to be safe thats certainly understandable.

How about go kicks some bro ass and get him to get his paypal unlimited. Then you can deal with PayPal on less stressful terms
Old 09-25-2010
Threadstarter  

I would but when I got suspended a while back since we were linked in the same household he was tooo, so he had to use other info, like friends address, but he made it under his name, basically there's no way he can really get in confirmed.
Old 09-25-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
but when I got suspended a while back
So you were limited before and your new account is under same info?
And your brothers account is bogus info?

The plot thickens to say the least

1. You will get limited sooner or later
2. It will likely be sooner with above info in play
3. They may insist your brothers account be fixed at that point to fix yours
4. Since bro cant fix his, your limit will probably be permanent.
5. you need to start digging into some stealth action for back up now.
Old 09-25-2010
Threadstarter  

No before it was my real info, this time it's just my name but different address and I didn't have to provide SSN last time but I have provided it this time
Old 09-25-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
didn't have to provide SSN last time but I have provided it this time
So this account has been confirmed with SSN? Well, thats good

As for the rest, I don't know what to say. If they insist he fix it you could be in trouble. Calling them in this situation is scary. But if they are holding money for 90 days thats a long time. This would all be pretty easy to deal with if it wasnt for your bros bogus account

I dont know what I would do here to be honest. The holds are brutal. But if you can withdraw now its probably best to let it be just to be safe....
Old 09-25-2010
Threadstarter  

Do you think I should open a new PP account maybe? This hold is so FRUSTRATING!
Old 09-25-2010
Executive [VIP]

Get some stealth backups for sure. Be careful and do it right

Your account is on shaky ground here. It could last for years or go down tomorrow.

No idea why they wouldn't release money after delivery and pos feedback. Never heard of that. But cant be a good thing

Get the stealth guide and get some accounts slowly going.
Old 09-25-2010
Threadstarter  

I think you got it a bit mixed up, they will release it when a buyer leaves FB, or it passes 21 days but the for 2 months they're just holding it until either of those happen...make sense?
Old 09-25-2010
Executive [VIP]

Oh, well this was fun

Ya, that's normal. They do that more now too. It will hopefully get removed after some good history or at least happen less

STILL, get some backups going. Your bro's situation can still bite you on the ass
Old 09-25-2010
Threadstarter  

Is it normal after having it there for 2 months? ERR I believe I talked to somebody on here before and they said that same thing happened to them but they got it removed after a few good transactions, but I've had tons of good transactions and that message is still appearing with the hold that goes along with it, I'm just loosing hope that i'll never get it removed :(
Old 09-25-2010
Executive [VIP]

There used to some areas that removed it, like 20 dsrs or 100 feedback or 3 months. But I think some of that has changed

There are no set rules, I dont care what anyone says. I have an account that sold $1000 in first 3 days and no holds... And only 2 holds ever over 3 months with 10 feedbacks. So go figure

If account is only 2 months old dont sweat it. It should hopefully be lifted at some point soon
The Following User Says Thank You to pod For This Useful Post:
Reyna (09-26-2010)
Old 09-28-2010

Longevity: 78%

I've had my eBay account since Nov 2009, Paypal even longer. 100% positive with over 30 purchases and 5 sales in that time.

I listed quite a few items, all individual stuff I need to sell to raise cash. My first sale of them for 100 bucks triggered the 21 day hold.

According to the list of "issues" which will put someone on the hold program, I shouldn't be on it. I don't have 10 sales yet so no DSR, no negatives, no refunds or complaints, etc.

This is just yet another Paypal scheme to try and hold people's money for as long as possible. Whatever the real "issues" list is that puts people on the 21 day thing it's not what they are saying it is.
Old 09-28-2010

Longevity: 78%
Default that is right

pod is right. it is normal with the 21 days and it is actually fairly new I think. It started about 3-4 month on every single transaction. the first 2 or 3 may be getting through if they are only fetching about 10.00. but then for sure 21 days til feedback or delivery conformation and yes it is frustrating. you need for sure the stealth guide and keep reading. It is actually quite fun after the frustration is gone.

Quote:
Is it normal after having it there for 2 months? ERR I believe I talked to somebody on here before and they said that same thing happened to them but they got it removed after a few good transactions, but I've had tons of good transactions and that message is still appearing with the hold that goes along with it, I'm just loosing hope that i'll never get it removed :(