Selling to myself - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default Selling to myself

Hi guys,

I was wondering if I would get in trouble if I decided to sell something with my legit account and buy it from myself with one of my stealth accounts to get the money out. I would only do it once per account but would it work. Item would cost about $450.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-27-2010

Longevity: 78%
Default well....

I think it depends. like you have to change IP addresses for sure otherwise it is shell bidding. then I don't know about the other account if it is fairly new they will hold that amount of money.
Old 09-27-2010

Longevity: 80%

Shilling surely? A bit naughty.
Old 09-27-2010

Longevity: 81%

I think its fairly doable Maurice providing both accounts have completely different information & ip addresses. But i have no experience in doing this im sure their ppl on the forum have done it b4
The Following User Says Thank You to stickmade For This Useful Post:
dmaurice03 (09-27-2010)
Old 09-27-2010

Considering all information is different, and nothing can be linked. I'd say it is doable, but don't make a habit of it or it will more than likely get linked. And be smart about it, wait a few days to leave feedback for each other etc. Make it seem as a legit transaction.
The Following User Says Thank You to kozij For This Useful Post:
dmaurice03 (09-27-2010)
Old 09-27-2010
Threadstarter  

thanks for the quick responses guys. the legit account is about 5 years old but has a negative balance of about $165. I know that I cannot just transfer the funds from my stealth account so I'd like to pay to myself by faking a sale. Info is totally different and I have multiple ips setup already.
Old 09-27-2010

well it all sounds good. Give it a go and let us know how you get on :-)
Old 09-27-2010
Threadstarter  

i have a question about my stealth account. without having ssn on file am i limited to $500 worth of sales or just $500 that i can withdraw? my sells will reach around $800 in a month but can i withdraw 499 and buy something with the rest of the money? i am afraid to leave money in the paypal accounts.
Old 09-27-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Well I hate to rain on your parade.

Not a good idea at all.

Doing that links your accounts. That amount of money going to stealth is enough to trip a limitation flag. Your nice old 5 year paypal account could get limited as well.

if these quick-fix practices worked, dont you think there would be dozens of threads saying do it do it? Are there such threads? No.
My advise is to correctly format your stealth account to get your own money WITHOUT using quick fixes
Old 09-27-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaurice03 View Post
Hi guys,

I was wondering if I would get in trouble if I decided to sell something with my legit account and buy it from myself with one of my stealth accounts to get the money out. I would only do it once per account but would it work. Item would cost about $450.

Oh Boy,,,,,,Here we go Again,,,,,,,,

Why in the world would you Risk a Legit Paypal account,,,When all you need to do is attach a Bank account,,,Not to Mention Paying Paypal twice,,,,,

Take your money out S L O W L Y over time and you will be fine,,,,

What you are talking about doing I Have tried in More Combinations and Flavors than there are Stars in the Sky,,,,,ALL FAILED,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Sorry,,,,But you did NOT Re-invent the Wheel,,This time,,,,

If you attempt this you will at some Point Regret it,,,,
Old 09-27-2010
Threadstarter  

sorry guys and thanks too. i am new to this. i have read the ebay Stealth Book but am still left in the dark about certain areas. mainly how to get the money out. i am afraid that if a buyer does a chargeback on one one my stealth accounts that paypal will try to take the money from my checking account to cover the balance owed. i don't want to risk damaging my credit with a so-called stealth account. also, why would buying from myself be a problem? it seems like it's the same as if you bought from me or vice versa because all info is different including ip. how would a one time transaction link the two accounts and give them the idea that i am the owner of both? please explain i am lost.
Old 09-27-2010

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
sorry guys and thanks too. i am new to this. i have read the ebay Stealth Book but am still left in the dark about certain areas. mainly how to get the money out. i am afraid that if a buyer does a chargeback on one one my stealth accounts that paypal will try to take the money from my checking account to cover the balance owed. i don't want to risk damaging my credit with a so-called stealth account. also, why would buying from myself be a problem? it seems like it's the same as if you bought from me or vice versa because all info is different including ip. how would a one time transaction link the two accounts and give them the idea that i am the owner of both? please explain i am lost.
Yes, you can do it. However, as long as both accounts are stealth accounts. Make sure both have different home adress,phone and etc... as to be a stealth account. Else, you'll get caught and kicked outta Ebay and Paypal.
The Following User Says Thank You to mallshop For This Useful Post:
dmaurice03 (09-28-2010)
Old 09-27-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
thanks for the quick responses guys. the legit account is about 5 years old but has a negative balance of about $165. I know that I cannot just transfer the funds from my stealth account so I'd like to pay to myself by faking a sale. Info is totally different and I have multiple ips setup already.
Is this going to be an ebay transaction?

If so do you know that an item worth $450 will be seen as high risk.
(think along the lines of MC010 & MC0169 suspensions)

Why does the paypal have a NEGATIVE balance?
Part of that $450 will go to clearing the negative balance. That leaves you only
$285 from the foo-foo™ sale. Not worth it.
Why do you think paypal even likes this legit old 5 year account? It's flagged because of the negative balance. Soon as there is a transaction, there's a big chance a human will look at the transaction. They will think, oh has an account been hijacked to try to fix the balance'. They will hold everything. They will check everything. You will get limits.
My advise is to reconsider. Please pay attention to slapped's post. We KNOW what we are talking about in terms of damaging a legit account
Old 09-28-2010

Longevity: 78%

You could always take one of the systems out of the loop and sell something on one of the alternatives, and then at least you do not have to worry about ebay hunting for shill bidders and most of the alternatives have a free to list and sell option.

Paypal tends to be a little more relaxed off ebay so it may be a better option.
Old 09-28-2010

Longevity: 80%

ebay and pp are a minefield enogh of their own, without us needing to plant more bombs for ourselves

briefly: DON"T DO IT

odds are more than likely you will regret it. its just not worth risking a good account
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JEM For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (09-28-2010), luna (09-28-2010)
Old 09-28-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Well - I am surprised that 5 year negative paypal is not already limited - consider yourself "somewhat" lucky...but as GB and other people have said - it is quite likely that once you fixed this balance, it will go into limitation.

It's the way Paypal does it - makes sense on their part, freeze the account to make sure it does not go negative again.

@dMaurice, what you are proposing is very high risk. The paypal that is 5 years old, unpaid - let it go - unless is it in your real name?
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
luna (09-28-2010)
Old 09-28-2010
Threadstarter  

The 5 year old pp is in my name and just went negative a few weeks ago. I could just transfer mlney from my bank to fix it but I don't want them freeze my account after. It is my main sellers account since 2004. Should I resolve the negative balance then proceed with my plan? Remember main account is totally legit, in my name, and I have the debit card for over a year. Stealth accounts are not linked to me and I have a solution for the ip change. Please advise.
Old 09-28-2010
Threadstarter  

if i resolve my negative balance would i be good to go? i sell high priced items all the time with my legit account. i sell lots of satellite and a/v equipment that usually goes for around $400. is it the stealth account that i should be concerned with. are new account holders not allowed to make big purchases with their own legit money?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Is this going to be an ebay transaction?

If so do you know that an item worth $450 will be seen as high risk.
(think along the lines of MC010 & MC0169 suspensions)

Why does the paypal have a NEGATIVE balance?
Part of that $450 will go to clearing the negative balance. That leaves you only
$285 from the foo-foo™ sale. Not worth it.
Why do you think paypal even likes this legit old 5 year account? It's flagged because of the negative balance. Soon as there is a transaction, there's a big chance a human will look at the transaction. They will think, oh has an account been hijacked to try to fix the balance'. They will hold everything. They will check everything. You will get limits.
My advise is to reconsider. Please pay attention to slapped's post. We KNOW what we are talking about in terms of damaging a legit account
Old 09-28-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Ah ok - it just went negative few weeks ago. If you want to keep operating it, you MUSt resolve negative balance.

That being said, 99% you will be limited after paying the balance. I had an account go negative recently myself - I uploaded funds from bank and it went limited - light limitation for address confirmation and utility.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
dmaurice03 (09-28-2010)
Old 09-28-2010
Threadstarter  

ok, but that should not be a problem because it is a legit account with my real info. once i resolve everything, will i be in the clear to continue selling my high priced items. i am fully established and have been selling for years.

@rsot - were you able to resolve everything and how long did limitation last? i plan to resolve my balance today and put my plan into effect. unless others still advise against it.

i was also wondering if i did go through with my plan and really send a package with tracking to the stealth address with no return address, then left positive feedback for myself with stealth account, would that throw them off and get them to leave me alone? that would show that item arrived and ⊗⊗⊗⊗ buyer was satisfied. remember this would only be a one time deal then i'd try it with a new stealth account later. please advise.

Last edited by dmaurice03; 09-28-2010 at 12:04 PM.
Old 09-28-2010
Threadstarter  

@mallshop

why would both accounts have to be stealth? i wanted to use my legit account as the sellers account so that i could provide any proof if necessary. also, so that i would have the funds in an account in which i have the debit card. i could send paypal anything including receipts if i can use my legit account to sell.
Old 09-28-2010
Threadstarter  

do you all think it is wise to use my legit account so i can withdraw with paypal debit card? i just thought it was better because it is instant as opposed to using a stealth account and waiting 3-5 days for money to be transferred to a bank that has all my real info anyway. a lot can happen in that time frame.

any thoughts???
Closed Thread