My theory - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions > Payment Gateways

Payment Gateways Payment Gateway Discussions - Stripe Accounts, PayPal Accounts, Authorize.Net, Coinbase and More.

Old 09-29-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Wink My theory

I have a theory about ccnow and ebay (may not be the same for the USA): now as far as I know when somebody buys on ebay.com and files a non receipt claim ebay.com is trying to get your money and then from PP. Now if a buyer paid with ccnow and paid with PP not with a CC as they should nothing will happen on the CCnow account!!!! has anyone else experienced this? I sold an item overseas and of course it takes about 6-8 weeks to arrive and no tracking number for items from here to international (no option here for us Canucks!)
so this buyer filed a claim after 4 weeks, ebay.com contacted me and told me that they will deal with this matter gave me 48 hours and next day the money was refunded and ebay told me that I have to pay them and I got an invoice from them. I know the item will arrive as I shipped it and it is now about 6 weeks later and nothing has been filed with ccnow.
WOW
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-29-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

CCnow is actually the complete oposite [if I understand your point]

When a customer does a chargeback on a normal PP account you can log in and defend claim and take action. When the same happens with your CCnow PP account you have nothing. You have to count on CCnow fighting for you. And they suck at it. Its brutal when you have a claim and can not actually log into paypal to deal with it. In fact you cant even call PP on it. They wont talk to you. Not your account

Now your customer just didnt do it right. He could have went to his paypal and filed a claim and it would have hit your CCnow account right away
The Following User Says Thank You to pod For This Useful Post:
luna (09-29-2010)
Old 09-29-2010
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 78%

that is correct I think. that is what I meant. this is the text I got from ebay com:
The buyer has asked eBay Customer Support to review this case and make a final decision.

then
eBay Customer Support has reviewed the case and made a final decision.
We issued a full refund

then
eBay Inc would like to be paid through PayPal

and nothing from CCnow at all because it wasn't linked to ebay (I can not get it as a payment method)

so the buyer won, I sent invoice over merchant account and buyer paid via paypal onto my merchant account. and again it is 6 weeks ago that this happened. I was just wondering how it happened like this.
thank you for your answer pod.
Old 09-29-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

He did his claim though eBay and won. Had he just went to his paypal account it would have all been automatic.

eBay says you lost and want their money. So you have to pay them. I would use the same CC you use to pay fees with if they let you. You dont really have a paypal account you can send money with, just CCnows account and thats in only
The Following User Says Thank You to pod For This Useful Post:
luna (09-29-2010)