eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums - View Single Post - eBay's link to AOL?
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

View Single Post
Old 12-09-2007
MU

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
Send a message via Yahoo to koalawash
Default eBay's link to AOL?

Well I've heard some people on these forums mention things like how eBay really knows your true IP even if you do everything through AOL, and how they will "auto-fill" your AOL email address when you sign in to eBay and stuff like that.

However I've used AOL for multiple eBay accounts so far and none of this has ever happened to me. My theory is that those who may have had eBay detect their true IP were the ones who opened emails from ebay (rather than sticking to only the message system ON ebay). As for auto-filling the AOL email when you try to make a new eBay account.. this has never happened to me either so I really have no idea what they're talking about. So far everything has gone through without a hitch.

I do have one question though. Does anyone know if eBay really can ask AOL for your IP info or account information, if they recognize an AOL IP logging into eBay and decide to investigate? I'm asking because some people were saying that eBay is pretty much in bed with AOL now.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Aspkin Group