ebay suspension - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 12-10-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default ebay suspension

i keep getting suspended with the same message :

Your eBay account has been suspended. eBay took this action after determining that your account was acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our policies.

does anyone have any idea why? could it be because i was using photobucket to post up additional pics ?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-10-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

Buying ⊗⊗⊗⊗ feedback.. ??
Old 12-10-2007

Longevity: 95%

No, I recd this many times- havent been able to zero in on what triggers it?? its not ⊗⊗⊗⊗ fb, i dont do it. My possibles so far are:
a.)listing 15 pics for free on each auction with auctiva-theyre loosing revenue,
b.) Reporting an unpaid item on a buyer after 7 days- during your first 30 days as a seller?
c.) KNOWING the fee structure- so you list at .99 instead of a $1.,00 + your reserve on an item setting at $49.99 instead of $50--again- knowing the fee structure. (theyre loosing revenue)
d.) using all caps in your title- to save on their extras
e.) sending more than 1 second chance offer after a sale
f.) sending a ccnow invoice to a buyer after the sale instead of using their paypal?
g.) listing more than 5 items in a specific category during your 1st 30 days as a seller
h.) having an aol address?
i.) ITS NOT pobox for residence-as i dont use that either
j.) listing in 2 categories for all items you have listed
k.) listing with many features on certain accts- i.e. using bold/gallery featured/home page featured/
l.) running up the bill over a dollar amt within your first 30 days as a seller?
m.) answering all your buyers emails- checking off "hide my email" from the buyer?
n.) never answering an email from your aol address-but always inside ebay?
o.) having the ebay emails text only in preferences
p.) setting your buyer pref- to block new buyers
q.) using 3 day listings for all items on your acct
r.) conversely--never sending 2nd chance offers -but just relisting the item
s.) relisting every item you are selling over + over again
t.) being right there at end of auction- with an invoice to buyer- a new relist-
or a 2nd chance offer--in other words- acting like an expe seller- wrap up all loose ends in a couple mins- log in--do your stuff- and log out- all in several mins??
u.) used to pay ebay fees daily on my ps acct- then tried paying weekly so i wouldnt get behind- but thats triggering paypal limits-- so now wait till end of month for ebay fees??
v.) setting the location area to "usa" or "united states" instead of actual zipcode
w.) using private auctions
x.) not choosing paypal as a method in an auction- or on all items in an acct
y.) selling over $500 in 1 day on a sunday?
z.) not using paypal to ship-- in other words- going in manually-adding tracking- marking items- pyt recd, then marking them shipped...
well- thats pretty much all of the things i do--- SO-- how to
NARROW it down???
Old 12-10-2007

I got this on one of my accounts. I had just opened it going through AOL and began listing immediately. I don't think the account lasted a day.
Old 12-10-2007
Banned

I have done many on your list and have not been suspended. I agree that they are definitely doing something new now. Also, it depends if you sell VERO or not, and if you sell on regular ebay or ebaymotors. IMO, the are looking hard at all new selling account, that is why you should let sit for 30 days, and buy a few
$1 legit items, not ebooks. Then when you start to sell, list everyday item using similar title and item description from a powerseller. Then revise a few hours later when they show up in the search to sell what you really want, being careful to not use VERO keywords. Also, a $1.XX payment towards your seller fees right away from a through away paypal account of VCC seems to help some of my accounts.
They are definitely looking at new sellers listings. Immediately after listing your first item click on the ad, and you will see 2 views on your counter even before it hits the search. One is you looking at it, and the other can only be Ebay Trust and Safety monkey, because it hasn't even hit the search yet.
Old 12-10-2007

Longevity: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycore View Post
They are definitely looking at new sellers listings. Immediately after listing your first item click on the ad, and you will see 2 views on your counter even before it hits the search. One is you looking at it, and the other can only be Ebay Trust and Safety monkey, because it hasn't even hit the search yet.

You should put some private web tracker image in it and log the IPs and see if any IPs come from ebay.
Old 12-10-2007
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

I've gotten suspended for violating the spirit when I listed an old vase for my sister-in-law once and changed the price twice over a few hours ...it could be anything.
Old 12-12-2007

The same thing happened to me with my previous account.I was doing almost everything on that list..the account lasted about 2 weeks. All the info was legit, wasnt doing anything wrong or ⊗⊗⊗⊗ either..I was verified with PayPal too..That is really ridiculous that they can do that..
Old 12-12-2007

Yes, same here. Same style on an ID Verified Ebay Acct, got the Abusing Ebay routine..
>> Was just sending invoices on one of my accts, noticed I had 17 emails --confirmaiton of new listings, didnt even realize it, so when you are used to speed, used to the sellingmanager, they have, as a newbie--guess you are not supposed to know how to do certain things?? Just a thought..