One day listing... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing

Auction Listing Images, Descriptions, Titles, Listing Advice, BIN and More!

Old 04-30-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default One day listing...

Do you suggest using it. In the past i had no problem using it to get rid of items quicker, i think its more useful for in demand merchandise. (items you know will sell for sure). I have stopped using it recently because buyers dont seem to like that and sales declined.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-30-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 94%

Depends what your selling, and the age of your acc. if your going to sell VERO items, then no i wouldn't use anything but a 5 or 7 day listing
Old 07-13-2008

Longevity: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscan View Post
Depends what your selling, and the age of your acc. if your going to sell VERO items, then no i wouldn't use anything but a 5 or 7 day listing
I dont get it. If you list the VERO for 5 or 7 days, it would get banned easier.

usually the reason why you get banned is someone report your VERO items to ebay. Listing 5 or 7 days, which mean you will be targeted for a longer time and let ebay to take them down.

1 day...especially at weekend...even someone report yr items, ebay wont act that fast to take down your items in couple hours.

isnt that right?

please be advise
Old 07-13-2008

Longevity: 91%

saiki i do have to say i thoiught the same thing. I have never been sure. I still use 1 day listings but i try and mix it in and have most of my auctions like 3 / 5 days

Then again i dont deal with vero stuff
Old 10-08-2010
Banned

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscan View Post
Yeah, please elaborate on this. I would figure selling a vero item would be better for a 1 day auction.
Old 10-08-2010

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingerblast View Post
Yeah, please elaborate on this. I would figure selling a vero item would be better for a 1 day auction.
eBay, most of the time, will not allow 1 day auctions on Vero items for obvious reasons...You should just make sure you stuff is authentic and then list it for 5-7 days...
Old 10-08-2010

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by saiki View Post
I dont get it. If you list the VERO for 5 or 7 days, it would get banned easier.

usually the reason why you get banned is someone report your VERO items to ebay. Listing 5 or 7 days, which mean you will be targeted for a longer time and let ebay to take them down.

1 day...especially at weekend...even someone report yr items, ebay wont act that fast to take down your items in couple hours.

isnt that right?

please be advise

With the items i sell, they seem to last a lot longer if i list them for 30 days rather than 5-7

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 10-10-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

There is tricks to everything, i will not give out how i do my veros on 1 day. That's a trade secret. But like anything research research research and you can figure out anything
Old 10-11-2010
MU

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzy2010 View Post
There is tricks to everything, i will not give out how i do my veros on 1 day. That's a trade secret. But like anything research research research and you can figure out anything
now isn't that called being selfish? a very popular ego within human beings... lol
Old 11-09-2010

Longevity: 77%

I don't mean to sound dumb, but I'm new to this...what are VEROS?
Old 11-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via MSN to teedon Send a message via Skype™ to teedon

The Verified Rights Owner (VeRO). So the answer should be counterfeit, illegal, or otherwise unauthorised items.
Old 11-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedon View Post
The Verified Rights Owner (VeRO). So the answer should be counterfeit, illegal, or otherwise unauthorised items.
Exactly. Many people use these terms interchangably. But they are not the same thing.

Vero is specific to eBay, it is a program they have in place so that copyright and trademark owners can report items they suspect are counterfeit.

In many cases, a Vero member might file a complaint against a seller, but the item is actually legitimate. There is, after all, only so much you can tell from a picture.

That causes a lot of problems for sellers who sell legitimate name-brand items.

And the system is open to abuse, especially by trademark owners.

This is all laid out in the Digiltal Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). It gives copyright and trademark owners the right to have an item removed from a website (not only eBay) if they suspect an item is ⊗⊗⊗⊗. They file a "takedown notice" with the website owner, who has no choice but to comply.

Now here is where it gets screwey...

If your item is removed because of a claim of COPYRIGHT infringement, the DMCA allows you to file a "counter-notice" with the owner of a website. The notice states that the item is real, authorized and 100% legitimate. The copyright owner then has a certain period of time to either back down from the claim or file a lawsuit against the seller in federal court. After that time expires, the website owner can put the listing back up.

However, if the claim against you is TRADEMARK infringement, there is NO counter-notice procedure in place. You are at the mercy of the Vero member.

eBay, in ALL cases, would prefer that sellers work out their differences with the Vero members. And some Vero members will give sellers the opportunity to convince them the item in question is authentic. They may ask for specific photos, serial numbers, receipts, supplier information, etc.

But they don't HAVE TO allow the seller that opportunity, especially if the claim was for TRADEMARK infringement. That is the part that invites abuse.

Some brands - Burberry comes to mind - have publicly stated they would prefer their merchandise never ended up on eBay PERIOD and their decisions are final and cannot be appealed.

This contradicts the "First Sale Doctrine" which gives sellers the right to sell AUTHENTIC merchandise they have purchased on the secondary market without fear of running afoul of copyright and trademark laws.

So, which one applies? The DMCA or the First Sale Doctine? Who knows? One day the issue will be decided by a court. Or Congress could put a counter-notice provision for accusations of TRADEMARK infringement into the DMCA. That could take years. Until then, expect that all websites will most likely do what is required under the DMCA to avoid being sued.
Old 11-10-2010

Longevity: 77%

Thanks for the info. Sounds like Ebay should work on this. I believe that anything sold has a copyright, unless it's something that you actually made. So, this can apply to anything that you sell, right?
Old 12-17-2010

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

1 Day items are scrutinized SO HARD! If you appear normal...then they will treat you normal.
Old 12-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%

I sell 99% of my stuff on 1 day or BIN and don't have any problems at all.
Old 12-17-2010

Longevity: 84%

Same here.