Problems selling on my ebay.co.uk ebay account in Thailand/China - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 10-07-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default Problems selling on my ebay.co.uk ebay account in Thailand/China

hello all,

I have been selling (listing through auctiva) on my ebay.co.uk account while living in Thailand for about 18 months now, this has been going well, but about 2 months a selling limit (of 10 items per month or limit of 200 pounds total sales !!!!) was put on my account due to low detailed seller ratings (DTS) in the postage category (my overall feedback is still 99.7%).

So i opened a new ebay account (this time not listing through auctiva) and this was going well again for about three weeks , but then i received an attention message in Chinese and English saying that i must contact ebay, so i did, and finally got a response saying that because my main ebay activity is in Thailand then i must change my registered address to Thailand on ebay. I am reluctant to do this because the 'seller registered in' section will say Thailand and i know this brings down sales as i have a couple of ebay accounts registered in Thailand.

I am also worried that if I change my 2nd account to be registered in Thailand this will effect my 1st account, ie. will bring attention to that and I will be forced to change that address aswell (which has no location problems), any ideas on this ?

So I then opened a 3rd ebay.co.uk account (I got a friend in the UK to open it) and this time tried to be clever and use a 'hide my ip' program (which makes my ip address look like its in the uk) when using it here in Thailand. But the moment i listed my first item, my account got limited, so obviously ebay have all these 'hide my ip' address's on their database and if anyone lists an item via these ip's they get flagged automatically. I have now resolved the issue with this 3rd account after being in contact with ebay, but i am worried about listing another item on it.

I think that listing through auctiva on my normal thai ip may be the way forward as there was no location/ip related problems with my first account so i think that maybe when we list through auctiva our actual ip address isnt recognized by ebay as the listing comes via the auctiva website, but i could be wrong (any ideas/comments on this?). Possibly they are just clamping down now?

I heard from another seller who had the same problem as me, that their first account is still fine (he still sells on his Thai ip address), but his new account was suspended. ie maybe any accounts made before the clampdown are not effected, in this case I just need to get my first account un-limited (which seems impossible as i cant really improve my feedback when i cant list!). If this is true then I am double worried about changing the address of my second account if it will effect my now extra valuable first account!

also a friend of mine mentioned that its possible to link my computer to a computer in the UK and get that computers ip address (preferably a computer in my registered address on ebay) and as long as that comp is always left on i can get that ip address, which will obviously not be on ebays suspicious 'hide ip' list! does anyone know anything about this? or use this method? or can confirm its possible?

I am sure this problem is effecting many people, are ebay just clamping down at the moment? Its so frustrating because my product is 100% legal / legit and my customers are loving it and frequently asking why i have nothing listed!

any ideas or comments would most appreciated, and if anyone is having this problem please share with me what you have experienced

Anything i learn or any solutions i come up with i will post on here.

cheers
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-09-2010
Threadstarter  

come on guys !!! a bit of advice please!

I am now swaying towards the remote link up of my comp here in Thailand to a comp in my registered address in the UK, i think that should be the best bet.

Does anyone have any ideas on that or ways ebay may track it?
Old 10-09-2010
Threadstarter  

I was thinking of using the strongvpn.com website to change my ip to the UK, but I have just been speaking to an agent of theirs and apparently the ip address that i would have from them contains their company info, so it would be very easy for ebay to know that i am using a website to hide my ip.

Does anyone out there use stronvpn.com (or any similar websites) to change their ip for ebay related location problems ?
Old 10-12-2010

Longevity: 88%

Seems you have already answered all your own questions with you possible solutions to the problems you encountered.
Old 10-14-2010
Threadstarter  

I haven't at all, these are just ideas, I was really hoping for some advice!
Old 10-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Brother set up strongvpn so I am in process of learning - looks nice.
Old 10-17-2010

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongol View Post
hello all,

I think that listing through auctiva on my normal thai ip may be the way forward as there was no location/ip related problems with my first account so i think that maybe when we list through auctiva our actual ip address isnt recognized by ebay as the listing comes via the auctiva website, but i could be wrong (any ideas/comments on this?). Possibly they are just clamping down now?

You may have posted your solution above

Failing that take a look at
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tracking/
First theard is a good start

Quote:
also a friend of mine mentioned that its possible to link my computer to a computer in the UK and get that computers ip address (preferably a computer in my registered address on ebay) and as long as that comp is always left on i can get that ip address, which will obviously not be on ebays suspicious 'hide ip' list! does anyone know anything about this? or use this method? or can confirm its possible?

take a look at team viewer

Quote:
I am sure this problem is effecting many people, are ebay just clamping down at the moment? Its so frustrating because my product is 100% legal / legit and my customers are loving it and frequently asking why i have nothing listed!

any ideas or comments would most appreciated, and if anyone is having this problem please share with me what you have experienced

Anything i learn or any solutions i come up with i will post on here.

cheers

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 10-18-2010
Threadstarter  

hi Tizwoz, do you think that the remote link up (teamviwer or logmein) would work? I have just been reading the link you posted about hiding ip's and the 'editors note' seems to be saying this is a no go and should be avoided.