I received an email from eBay "Warning! Your listing’s open quantity exceeded limit" - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-09-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default I received an email from eBay "Warning! Your listing’s open quantity exceeded limit"

The first email I received was "Notification email from eBay Customer Service"

In the email it said:

"We noticed that your account has excessive online listings recently. In
order to maintain the security of eBay trading platform, please take
down ITEMS to lower quantity to <=100 within 48 hours, otherwise we will
help to impose the enforcement to eliminate the number of live items by
overwhelming your privilege. Member may have to bear the spillover of
this consequence by themselves if they fail to make proper response to
this incident effectively.
Much appreciated for your kindly corporation!"

After I receive the email, I live chatted with eBay, they said it referred to quantity for each listing must not exceed 100 items. it does not mean number of active listings. OK, all my quantities are below 10 units, so I thought my account is fine.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 weeks ago, i received second email saying
"This action is based on your failure to comply with the previous email notification about excessive open quantity on your account. We may have to force relevant listings to be removed."

They removed about 70 items from my account, refunded the insertion fees and final value credit, but did not placed any limitation or restriction on my account.

So I live chatted again with eBay, this time, I was told that I must kept number of listing below 100, I said the first time I chatted with you, you said it was number of quantities and not number of listings. WT.. OK, so I asked again, you removed about 70 items from my account, but I still have more than 200 active listings. Will they remove further? She replied: They only remove once, please don't worry

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Few hours ago, I received the 3rd email, it is like an announcement email with the subject "Warning! Your listing’s open quantity exceeded limit"

This is part of the content:

"From global research we found that large amount of quantity in certain categories generates high Bad Buying Experience, therefore, a selling limit, in terms of quantity, were placed on these categories.
We have identified that your total open quantity of listings has exceeded selling limit of 100. To prevent high risk associated with excess quantity, we are formally writing to ask you immediately reduce total quantities down to less than 100."

My gosh!! I thought my account has not excessive opening quantity after I chatted with eBay for the second time. Now they sent me another email.

How do eBay determine excessive open quantity and what categories are they referring to? I live chatted again with eBay, but no one can answer my question. The CS asked me to reply to that email, I told him it is an announcement email, he said no worries, just reply to it. So I stayed on the line with him while writing a reply to an email. After I sent the reply, I received an automated response:
"Thank you for your response. Please don't reply to this message - it is an automated response and your reply will not be received."
I told the CS, can you see "your reply will not be received"?? He said, yes, they will reply you in 48 hours. Funny??

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Can someone please help me with this? I do not want to receive another email notifying about items removal. What is open quantity limit?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

is this a business account? That would allow more listings. How many listings a week are you doing? What is start price, if it is below the fee limit, eg in UK it is 0.99 for free lisiting they dont like it cos they dont earn, and you are using them as free listing service and they have to administer and carry it all for nothing. Actually you are lucky, they emailed you, mostly you would get harsher things, like takedowns or limitations.
Old 10-09-2010

Send a message via MSN to jesseinkaron

My buddy has 2 business accounts , both power seller with 1000+ feedback.
Both top rated seller .. and he has informed me that he is now limited to 100 items per 30 day period! WTF .. this has got to cost ebay a lot of money?
Old 10-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

We've been getting lots of grief from sellers in Thailand. Powersellers getting knocked for how much to list: I'm wondering what this is going to mean for other ebay sites
Old 10-09-2010

One thing for sure .. it is going to result in a huge loss of revenue for ebay !
Old 10-09-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
is this a business account? That would allow more listings. How many listings a week are you doing? What is start price, if it is below the fee limit, eg in UK it is 0.99 for free lisiting they dont like it cos they dont earn, and you are using them as free listing service and they have to administer and carry it all for nothing. Actually you are lucky, they emailed you, mostly you would get harsher things, like takedowns or limitations.
Thanks for your reply.

No, it's a personal account and I am a powerseller. I list on eBay US.

Sometimes I list 5-6 items a week, but sometimes I list more than 30 items a week. Recently I list a lot of the items in auction style, starting bid at US$0.99, so it's free listing. Do you think this could be the main reason? Listing too many free listing?

I wish to remove my listings below 100, but I do not understand whether 100 is 100 active listings or 100 units for each listing.
Old 10-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
We've been getting lots of grief from sellers in Thailand. Powersellers getting knocked for how much to list: I'm wondering what this is going to mean for other ebay sites
Not just Thailand, but others too. Malaysia I've seen, Singapore too ..and now even sellers in the US reporting it. They just rolled it out in Asia first. The 10 or 100 items limit is only for "new" sellers, though. In my opinion, not a bad thing. We used to see sellers get suspended for listing too much or selling too much. There is nothing wrong with selling 10 items and then sit back and wait for the feedback to come in. Once you have 20-30 feedback, surely you're allowed to list 100 items...and once you have 70-90 feedback, surely also over 100 items.

In my opinion, this is a good move by eBay. Not just for them, but also for the sellers. And the warning that the OP is describing, about not listing more than 100 quantity, also a good thing.

I posted in another thread a while back that all of my accounts that ever got permanent selling limits on eBay were listing multi-quantity, and I can now confirm that I did also indeed list more than 100 items counting in quantity..which then lead to my eBay account being limited.

So, it's a good thing. eBay now stops you from selling too much, which in turn will keep your account from being suspended permanently. Now you be the judge if it's good thing or not, but from my point of view it is, because it will help you build the account how it should be built.

A new seller selling 100 items right from the start is bound to get his account suspended eventually. Better go slow. You can go slow with 20-30 accounts if you want, selling 10 items on each of them.
Old 10-09-2010

when ebay forces honest sellers to use dishonest means to continue selling their products honestly, they create an environment of dishonest sellers. I do not agree that this selling limit is a good thing. Ebay has created an environment where honest sellers can no longer make a living. This will inevitably lead to some of these sellers resorting to dishonest means. Is this good for anyone ?
Old 10-09-2010

What I mean is , what is this really going to solve?
Scammers will just open more accounts and sell higher priced items.
Legit sellers will just suffer, some will give up entirely. Each policy designed to get rid of scammers, actually reduces the amount of honest sellers. Scammers will always come back, honest sellers sometimes get tired of playing ebays games.
Old 10-09-2010
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,547 Times in 2,200 Posts
Activity: 56%

Whether it's good or not, eB is going to do whatever it is they are going to do and no one can stop them unless we all stop using their services.
I'm just over the fact that what they do is a lot of balony, but again.. what can you do?
Old 10-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesseinkaron View Post
when ebay forces honest sellers to use dishonest means to continue selling their products honestly, they create an environment of dishonest sellers. I do not agree that this selling limit is a good thing. Ebay has created an environment where honest sellers can no longer make a living. This will inevitably lead to some of these sellers resorting to dishonest means. Is this good for anyone ?
Let's face it, we're all "devious" here anyways, we all have "stealth" accounts.

The Following User Says Thank You to imjustme For This Useful Post:
Hercules (10-10-2010)
Old 10-09-2010

Longevity: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by boombay View Post
The first email I received was "Notification email from eBay Customer Service"

In the email it said:

"We noticed that your account has excessive online listings recently. In
order to maintain the security of eBay trading platform, please take
down ITEMS to lower quantity to <=100 within 48 hours, otherwise we will
help to impose the enforcement to eliminate the number of live items by
overwhelming your privilege. Member may have to bear the spillover of
this consequence by themselves if they fail to make proper response to
this incident effectively.
Much appreciated for your kindly corporation!"

After I receive the email, I live chatted with eBay, they said it referred to quantity for each listing must not exceed 100 items. it does not mean number of active listings. OK, all my quantities are below 10 units, so I thought my account is fine.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 weeks ago, i received second email saying
"This action is based on your failure to comply with the previous email notification about excessive open quantity on your account. We may have to force relevant listings to be removed."

They removed about 70 items from my account, refunded the insertion fees and final value credit, but did not placed any limitation or restriction on my account.

So I live chatted again with eBay, this time, I was told that I must kept number of listing below 100, I said the first time I chatted with you, you said it was number of quantities and not number of listings. WT.. OK, so I asked again, you removed about 70 items from my account, but I still have more than 200 active listings. Will they remove further? She replied: They only remove once, please don't worry

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Few hours ago, I received the 3rd email, it is like an announcement email with the subject "Warning! Your listing’s open quantity exceeded limit"

This is part of the content:

"From global research we found that large amount of quantity in certain categories generates high Bad Buying Experience, therefore, a selling limit, in terms of quantity, were placed on these categories.
We have identified that your total open quantity of listings has exceeded selling limit of 100. To prevent high risk associated with excess quantity, we are formally writing to ask you immediately reduce total quantities down to less than 100."

My gosh!! I thought my account has not excessive opening quantity after I chatted with eBay for the second time. Now they sent me another email.

How do eBay determine excessive open quantity and what categories are they referring to? I live chatted again with eBay, but no one can answer my question. The CS asked me to reply to that email, I told him it is an announcement email, he said no worries, just reply to it. So I stayed on the line with him while writing a reply to an email. After I sent the reply, I received an automated response:
"Thank you for your response. Please don't reply to this message - it is an automated response and your reply will not be received."
I told the CS, can you see "your reply will not be received"?? He said, yes, they will reply you in 48 hours. Funny??

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Can someone please help me with this? I do not want to receive another email notifying about items removal. What is open quantity limit?

I have the same thing today an have actually got through to eBay USA as I write this.
I have sent a email to Singapore.
I am a Powerseller from Thailand who has over 5000+ feedback and have been trading for 5 years!
Old 10-09-2010

Imjustme - That is exactly my point ! We are all devious here!
Most of us probably started out as honest sellers, and we were forced by ebay to go the route of stealth.
Old 10-10-2010

Longevity: 88%

boombay, how many feedback do u have? how old is your seller account?
Old 10-10-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosguy View Post
boombay, how many feedback do u have? how old is your seller account?
I have over 2000 feedbacks, been on eBay for about 2 years.

Btw, I received their reply. They don't answer my question at all. Just all the stupid standard answer. They told me I can continue listing but I am limited to list at certain categories. When I asked what categories are those, they don't answer.

They sent me an email to ask me remove the items below 100 then told me again I can continue listing. What am I suppose to do now? To keep the way it is now or to list further or to remove some items?
Old 10-11-2010
Executive [VIP]

Spread your listings over more accounts

50 listings on 2 accounts each.
10 listings on 10 accounts each.
5 listings on 20 accounts each.
Old 10-15-2010

Exclamation

Hi there...i recieved today an email from ebay (ebay singapore??!!?? i am registered on ebay.com!) with the headline:

Warning! Your listing quantity exceeded limit, Take action now!

further they write:

"Our record shows that the number of your active listings has exceeded the limit in high-risk categories, which is 100 listings. To prevent negative actions taken against your account, please act immediately to reduce the number of your active listings in the following categories and their subcategories to less than 100"

WTF...i am since 2 years a powerseller on ebay (from Thailand) with over 1200 positive feedbacks (100% positive!) and a customer service "above standard"... i always had between 2-300 active listings in my shop...i also dont get it what they are talking about "high-risk categories"....i sell god dammned T-Shirts for a couple Euros/Dollars...thats so ridiculous...

what the hell is wrong with them? anyone an idea?

...still waiting for an answer from ebay, but as much as i know them, i will just recieve a stupid standard answer...

If anyone from thailand have the same problem or maybe have an answer or idea whats going on here let me know ok...would be nice...
Old 10-21-2010

Longevity: 82%

i'm wonder, what are you selling boombay?
don't mean to take your market, just want to know what market does ebay limit?
is it only RED FLAG market, or every market?

imjustme:
how do you know all seller(thailand, indonesia, malaysia, even US) get limit too?
i tried to find US and Europe seller, but they seem had no problem with limitation
and i see this is not happen to new account, cause our friends here got more than 1000+ feedback and still get limit

ebay:
what do you mean about this limitation?
Old 10-22-2010

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

All these limitations make me wonder if eBay doesn't WANT the money!