5 day period before you can participate in FB - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-11-2007
MU

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default 5 day period before you can participate in FB

Hey all,
I just signed up again on ebay..listed 7 VeRO auction items all starting at $90. Now every time I get those red flag messages I get the goosebumps. The first one was the warning on the higher than average shipping cost so I lowered it. I also purchased an item for Christmas, paid for it with the new Paypal account. I tried to leave a positive FB hoping to get my first positive FB left for me and another red flag message...new accounts can not participate in FB features for the first 5 days. 4 hours into my newly created ebay account...7 successful VeRO item listings, 2 red flag messages....think Im doomed? Hep
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-11-2007
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

VERO item listings meaning counterfeits? Or legit items in a VERO-endangered category?
Old 12-11-2007
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 23%
Longevity: 95%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
Probaly counterfeit. Its seems this forum is becoming a safe haven for counterfeit sellers looking for advice to stealth their products.

Just goes to show how much counterfeit stuff is on Ebay
just look through the pages in certain catagories, and 90 percent is counterfeit. ie handbags, health and beauty, designer clothing, etc. I even bought a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ cell phone battery from a powerseller on ebay! this is the reason why they are cracking down so much, I am also seeing tons of spam on craigslist too. Unfortunately it sucks for those of us who made a mistake, or listed authentic items such as I did in a high fraud catagory. I was buying laptops in the us to sell in europe, and because of the catagory I was shut down. I used to use info from bestbuy etc. and then when the customer paid used the retailer as a dropshipper to my customer or had the stuff sent to me first and then I sent it on. I was never able to compete in the US, and I don't think many can unless they truly have a niche product, or are selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ merchandise. Or you are selling garage sale merchandise. Just an opinion mind you.
Old 12-11-2007

And when you do list in one of those HOT categories,, last year they would let you relist if you restricted the sales to usa and canada--cant figure that one out, but when i removed all but usa + canada-the listing went through.... now, they dont share that stuff, (due to security concerns)
Old 12-12-2007
MU
Threadstarter  

No...none of my items are ⊗⊗⊗⊗. I have a real store in Jersey. They originally suspended me for exceeding their selling limitation on VeRO items. I found that selling in ebay is like having 2-3 additional stores in selling volume.
Old 12-12-2007

Longevity: 96%

you don't have to sell counterfeit to make money. I spent $350 at aeropostale the other day on clearance jackets, hoodies, polos ect.. and tripled my money in around 10 days.
Old 12-12-2007
MU
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Probaly counterfeit. Its seems this forum is becoming a safe haven for counterfeit sellers looking for advice to stealth their products.

Just goes to show how much counterfeit stuff is on Ebay

Chris..I read many of your post in here and you seem very bright. However, by jumping to conclusion that I was suspended from eBay selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ goods without giving me a chance to reply, you are behaving just like those Safety and Trust people at ebay. But keep up the good work in here...I am learning a lot from your post and have been following your advice on many aspects.
Old 12-12-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

Just use common sense and take the necessary precautions. Not to be rude or anything but you'll be surprised at how many people are lacking that. Always use futuristic thinking. Always ask yourself what could happen as a result of me doing this??
Old 12-12-2007

the 5 day feedback has always been a issue with ebay for the past couple years! its nothing new.
Old 12-12-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Quote:
Just use common sense and take the necessary precautions. Not to be rude or anything but you'll be surprised at how many people are lacking that. Always use futuristic thinking. Always ask yourself what could happen as a result of me doing this??
Look who spell checked!