Paypal account is permanently limited!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 12-12-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default Paypal account is permanently limited!!

The reason for my limitation:

"The PayPal User Agreement states that PayPal, at its sole discretion,
reserves the right to limit an account for any violation of the User Agreement, including the Acceptable Use Policy. Under the Acceptable
Use Policy, PayPal may not be used to send or receive payments for items that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy, or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction. This includes transactions for counterfeit items or unauthorized replicas or copies of items."

About my account:

1. My account has never been suspended or limited before (5 year user).
2. I have had some disputes in the past, but everything is always solved.
3. The funds will be frozen for 180 days according to their email.
4. Spoke to Paypal today (their number is 1-888-221-1161 by the way). The agents are useless, however he did say that when a "Limited Case" is refered to a supervisor, the limitation will be lifted 50% of the time. (whatever they say) The supervisor will contact me within 24 hours.

So my questions are:

1. Would I be able to open a next account using a real name under the same address?

2. I may have made the biggest mistake by giving out my cell phone number (even though Paypal already has my home phone on file). How bad was this mistake?

3. I don't need to withdraw my funds even though it's a large amount. But is there any way I can send and receive payments in the meantime? Or any other alternatives??

4. Worse case scenario they hold my funds for the full 180 days. Can I send them a lawyer letter or anything?

Any suggestions and advices will be appreciated, thanks.

"It's ironic that I hate Paypal so much and yet I have made alot of money through them"
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-12-2007

Longevity: 95%

HI- had that same thing happen in Summer to 2 older paypal accts, bot over 5 yrs, both 1500+ transactions- i had -0- dipsutes/complaints ever..
The very next day- paypal sent a letter saying although we are terminating..... you are now able to withdraw funds, so i got it all out ...
(this came from my own ebay accts being suspended, so paypal followed suit)--nothing you did.Funny thing- how they immed unfroze my funds, I think they knew they were wrong..
Old 12-12-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

1. You won't be able to use your same address. Paypal as well as eBay links very easy this way.

2. Unless you plan on using it again, I don't see a problem. You can't use it again with a new account though.

For 3 and 4, you can contact BBB about your account. Or even trying calling Paypal. Most problems I've had were setteled by calling Paypal. What ever they want, i sent it and they lifted my account. Give it a try.
Old 12-12-2007
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayhateluv View Post
HI- had that same thing happen in Summer to 2 older paypal accts, bot over 5 yrs, both 1500+ transactions- i had -0- dipsutes/complaints ever..
The very next day- paypal sent a letter saying although we are terminating..... you are now able to withdraw funds, so i got it all out ...
(this came from my own ebay accts being suspended, so paypal followed suit)--nothing you did.Funny thing- how they immed unfroze my funds, I think they knew they were wrong..
I think they may have internal limits on how much money you can make without providing proof of identity.
Old 12-13-2007

Longevity: 96%

stop selling counterfeit!! you were legitimately suspended.
Old 12-13-2007
Banned

No he was unfairly targeted, as long as they allow powersellers to sell the same Vero items with immunity. Time to open new accounts and screw them for as much as you can.
Old 12-13-2007
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

jfl827...what do you sell?
Old 12-13-2007

HI- dont think its always for just goods-mabe other risk factors theyre using? Used my moms Paypal acct to sell $19-$49 everyday household items, still limited, then sent email we feel you are a high risk.... (had 4 pyts out of the acct in 7 days, $25-$80 each, and 3-4 in, small amts...)-- High risk for what?
She was id verified,with ebay- verified ss with ppal, provided all their bs stuff-even did the phone call/home verify with a letter as her cordless phone would not respond to their call.Maybe their targeting Zipcodes at times??